Police seize Wis. man's U.S. flag, fl...

Police seize Wis. man's U.S. flag, flown upside down

There are 52 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jul 10, 2009, titled Police seize Wis. man's U.S. flag, flown upside down. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

An American flag flown upside down as a protest in a northern Wisconsin village was seized by police before a Fourth of July parade, and the businessman who flew it -- an Iraq war veteran -- claims the officers trespassed and stole his property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
nosferatu

Willow Street, PA

#43 Jul 14, 2009
NAM wrote:
Ok, big boy...PAI LUM White Dragon....2 to 3 minutes.
Let's have a little fun...some beer, a little rumble...you are so scared already.
Ok, maybe 5 to 7 minutes. Let's have some old fashioned American fun!!
What branch did you serve...OHHH you never did!!!
I figured, you big fucking sis.
Bring it on!!!!!!!
Dude, take a prozac.

“A Fine Time To Ask Me Now?”

Since: Feb 09

York, Pa.

#44 Jul 16, 2009
Airman wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU, lets meet, you have the dignity?
No dignity, just a big cock and U???....... take ur sand box mentality back to the beach where you mommy left you in the sun to long!!!

York, Pa.

#45 Jul 16, 2009
NAM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a true piece of ****!!!! drown you drunk!
I would but I'm listed here as a New Jersey loser, to bad I'm actually from Pennsylvania, land of bigger losers and bigger idiots!!!
crivitz

Milton, WI

#46 Jul 28, 2009
This whole thing had nothing to do with the mans rights. He starting flying his flag this way before the 4th of July and the police did nothing, and when they gave him the flag back on the 5th he's been flying it upside down since. The police were well aware of his rights to fly it that way and thats why nothing was done, until the 4th of July parade there dozens of veterans were threatning to take care of the man and his flag. This was done to avoid a riot and once that was avoided the flag was given back and now it's just something that has been blown way out of proportion. If it would have been taken down on any other day, I agree it would have violated his rights. What if the police wouldn't have taken it down, then he would file a lawsuit because they failed to protect his property. I live in Crivitz, and I wish they would give him a liquor license, let him stick a little more money into the building and have his restaurant flop and make him more bankrupt than he is now, because no one around is going to eat at this place. I strongly believe that he is only doing this because he knows it is making people mad and he is hoping someone will burn it down and he could collect the insurance money, and if no one does, he will and try to claim it was arson. If this were a normal person I could see feeling bad for his situation, but what many people don't know is he is probably more financially strapped because of the $28,000 restitution he had to pay earlier this year after tapping into Wisconsin Public Services electricity and stealing it for 9 years. This man is a crook, when he stole all of that electricity, he was expecting the rest of us to pick up the tab. Here is a link to Wisconsin Circuit Court records:
http://wcca.wicourts.gov
Type in Vito Congine to learn the truth about the kind of man he really is.
Andy

Willingboro, NJ

#47 Jul 29, 2009
Sorry to go way off topic with this, but I have a burning question. I'm from NJ and have a neighbor that does'nt in any way respect the American flag. Just to name a few, there are flags that touch the ground all day long and the one that really pissed me off, thay hit mutiple flags with the weedwacker and ripped them to shreds.... and left them out there. Is this a crime and what can I do to get someone after this person. I was thinking about the local VFW, but not sure if they would get involved. Can anyone help me out please? Again, sorry for going way off topic! Thanks!!

York, Pa.

#48 Jul 29, 2009
I'd say douse his home with gas about 3am when they are sound asleep and then light it up with an American made zippo, that should teach him a lesson or two...
yahkob therlow

Mifflinburg, PA

#49 Jul 30, 2009
before one becomes uptight about how a flag is treated one should realize it is just a piece of cloth and presently associated with the criminals that run this government. I for one am not proud to be associated with this govn't. in any way and as for flying a flag, only the mindless place so much importance on its existence. to suggest the burning of a house down with its occupants is criminal at the least. I for one am in favor of having a mass burning of the flag in tribute to the mindless killing wrapped around "old glory?"

York, Pa.

#50 Jul 30, 2009
yahkob therlow wrote:
before one becomes uptight about how a flag is treated one should realize it is just a piece of cloth and presently associated with the criminals that run this government. I for one am not proud to be associated with this govn't. in any way and as for flying a flag, only the mindless place so much importance on its existence. to suggest the burning of a house down with its occupants is criminal at the least. I for one am in favor of having a mass burning of the flag in tribute to the mindless killing wrapped around "old glory?"
It was a 'tongue in cheek' joke.......... I actually feel the same as you do about the flag. Although I do get a laugh when I'm at an auction and they tell people they can't sell a flag so they put something with it and sell it?? what a bunch of terds, just shows you how much they know in the first place??
yahkob therlow

Mifflinburg, PA

#51 Jul 30, 2009
all is fine in the 'ville1
Gordon Freeman

Pulaski, WI

#52 Jul 30, 2009
Crivitz? Isn't that the town where they burn crosses in peoples yards?
Live in Crivitz

Green Bay, WI

#53 Aug 10, 2009
I am upset over this situation not so much because of what he is doing but how people are reacting over it. He can voice his concern how he sees fit. I don't agree with it, but it is his opinion. What sickens me is the violence that has occurred because of it. The cut down flag pole (whether it was him or someone else) to the broken windows. People, please just stop. Let him do what he is doing his own way. I can tell you that if the restaurant does open, there will probably be very little patronage!!!
Welcome

AOL

#54 Aug 30, 2009
I suggest he move to Vilas County. There appears to be no laws here, or they are only enforced aginst non residents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crivitz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Famous Shaffer Park Supper Club Destroyed By Fire (Sep '14) Sep '14 Greg Balcerek 2
News Teen In Crivitz School Threat Faces 4 Charges (Feb '10) Sep '14 guest 4
News SC Fire and Rescue Finalize Picnic Plans (Aug '14) Aug '14 Joe Merriman 1
Review: Caine & Associates (May '14) May '14 John Doe 1
News Porfilio, Paul J. (Oct '08) Apr '14 Shawna 2
News Propane Shortage Easing, Still Hurts (Feb '14) Feb '14 charlie 1
News New Details: Marinette County Shooting (Aug '12) Oct '13 lol ur smart 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crivitz Mortgages