Police seize Wis. man's U.S. flag, fl...

Police seize Wis. man's U.S. flag, flown upside down

There are 52 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jul 10, 2009, titled Police seize Wis. man's U.S. flag, flown upside down. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

An American flag flown upside down as a protest in a northern Wisconsin village was seized by police before a Fourth of July parade, and the businessman who flew it -- an Iraq war veteran -- claims the officers trespassed and stole his property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
No thanks for yourservice

Inkster, MI

#1 Jul 10, 2009
Different sort of mARINE than I know. Too bad he wasn't blown away, with this sort of attitude. Wishing him much bad luck on the securing of his request for a license.
Fascist police state

United States

#2 Jul 10, 2009
Rednecks and bombs don't make us strong. Real freedom scares you, obviously. A flag is only useful to show which way the wind blows. Our freedom means a lot more.

These thugs (the DA and the Sheriff) deserve what is coming -- a legal colonoscopy.

Living In Margaritaville

“A Fine Time To Ask Me Now?”

Since: Feb 09

York, Pa.

#3 Jul 10, 2009
Welcome to America there Mr. Flag.......... You haven't seen the best of the best when it comes to Tyranny.......... Get in Line, Bend Over and Touch Your Toes, cause the American train of justice just drove into town and your the next cow catcher victim in it's path.......... Call George, he has a banner for you in his closet.........."Mission Accomplished".
equalityboy81

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Jul 10, 2009
I don't know whether the police had a warrant or not since the state attorney ordered it. I would think something like that would be a form of trespassing, theft, and violation of human/civil/constitutional rights. I think it would definately be construed as a violation of one's freedom of speech/expression. It's definately a form of censorship!
execspec1

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jul 10, 2009
I just read the report on the travesty that has taken place in your town. I feel that the President should of taken out a space in the local paper and explained the rules of flying the American flag instead of sending in the royal guard to take it down,isn't that what Saddam did with his people
TRUTH

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jul 10, 2009
We know what it means...PA Militia. Cells..NO
Proud to be American

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Jul 11, 2009
Fly it right u low life dirt bag.......... This is America if you don't like what we do then get the hell out! FLY YOUR FLAGS IN PRIDE! Fly it right side up and this kinda thing wouldn't happen! And over a liquor license u should burn in hell! PROUD TO BE AMERICAN!
dash

Calicut, India

#8 Jul 11, 2009
u cant drag a simple story beyond this !!!
Adrien

Ajax, Canada

#9 Jul 11, 2009
Proud to be an American: it's precisely your narrow attitude that gives America a bad name, pure jingoism. How can you spout such hate and vitriol to one who fought in Iraq? Did you serve, and if so, where and when? If you did and still harbor this kind of attitude, then the Military succeeded in their mission to f*ck with your head. Otherwise, you're just another jingoistic, misguided patriot, and an ass.
Marc Green Guam

Yigo, Guam

#10 Jul 11, 2009
The guy spent $200,000 to have his own business. He served overseas in a war zone...I think he deserves the right to protest this situation in the way he sees fit. Many might not agree in his method but we have to respect his right to do it.

Why the town has not approved his liquor license is the real igniter here. He is not unamerican but it's a shame he has to go this far to feel "counted" in his efforts.

MAny will support this veteran..many will not. That's why we have more than vanilla and chocolate.
Bandit

Mount Laurel, NJ

#11 Jul 11, 2009
I'm surprised they didn't make this into some kind of terroist plot and flying a flag upside down is illegal under the "Patriot Act".

Different sort of mARINE than I know <--- Stop being a sheep and open your eyes
York

Shelbyville, IN

#12 Jul 11, 2009
A great example of punk cops abusing their power out of state!!

Sue them..

You got free speech there 100%
NAM

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jul 11, 2009
Proud to be American wrote:
Fly it right u low life dirt bag.......... This is America if you don't like what we do then get the hell out! FLY YOUR FLAGS IN PRIDE! Fly it right side up and this kinda thing wouldn't happen! And over a liquor license u should burn in hell! PROUD TO BE AMERICAN!
Frag him, it is done, let God sort it out!
NAM

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Jul 11, 2009
Proud to be American wrote:
FRAG YOU MFUCKER>>>>> PEEL the skin of your comi hide
you are the real dirt bag.
YOU HAVE NOT 1 CLUE
Make Sense

Inkster, MI

#16 Jul 11, 2009
NAM wrote:
<quoted text>
FRAG YOU MFUCKER>>>>> PEEL the skin of your comi hide
you are the real dirt bag.
YOU HAVE NOT 1 CLUE
Which one do you want fragged, the flag flyer or "Proud to be an American". You're too stupid to even write an intelligent post. Agent Orange get to you?
NAM

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Jul 11, 2009
Ok, big boy...PAI LUM White Dragon....2 to 3 minutes.
Let's have a little fun...some beer, a little rumble...you are so scared already.

Ok, maybe 5 to 7 minutes. Let's have some old fashioned American fun!!

What branch did you serve...OHHH you never did!!!

I figured, you big fucking sis.

Bring it on!!!!!!!
NAM

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jul 11, 2009
Make Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one do you want fragged, the flag flyer or "Proud to be an American". You're too stupid to even write an intelligent post. Agent Orange get to you?
Yeah, we begin with gouging the eyes (rice bucket training), then pulling off the ears...draw as much blood as possible...should I go on..OK, then with a knee up to your nose (into the brain) then to ground fighting. That is my favorite!!!!! Come on big sis!!! I would love to face you!!!!!!
Embarrassment

Inkster, MI

#19 Jul 11, 2009
NAM wrote:
Ok, big boy...PAI LUM White Dragon....2 to 3 minutes.
Let's have a little fun...some beer, a little rumble...you are so scared already.
Ok, maybe 5 to 7 minutes. Let's have some old fashioned American fun!!
What branch did you serve...OHHH you never did!!!
I figured, you big fucking sis.
Bring it on!!!!!!!
USMC-Korean Era. We tried our best to get the job done without telling EVERYONE how brave we were. And we also got our hair cut like normal folks. NAM, real brave! What a disgrace you are to ALL veterans, past, present and future. A true embarrassment to anyone who has ever worn the uniform of his/her country. Semper Fi, MFer..........bring it on, damn CHILD, get off the pipe/booze...
NAM

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jul 11, 2009
Embarrassment wrote:
<quoted text>
USMC-Korean Era. We tried our best to get the job done without telling EVERYONE how brave we were. And we also got our hair cut like normal folks. NAM, real brave! What a disgrace you are to ALL veterans, past, present and future. A true embarrassment to anyone who has ever worn the uniform of his/her country. Semper Fi, MFer..........bring it on, damn CHILD, get off the pipe/booze...
You are right sir and my apologies to you and the Corp. I am Air Force. Damn proud. Nevertheless, when a senior of MY PROUD US talks to me I obey.
My apologies to everyone that I offended. Thank you sir.

Sally

Ashland, WI

#21 Jul 11, 2009
Seems the gentleman should have secured the license before he invested in the new resturant!! As for the upside down flag, it os very disrespectfulfor him to have done that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crivitz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Singer Julius La Rosa, publicly fired on Godfre... (May '16) May '16 guest 2
ROSP the place of lies (May '16) May '16 Itstime 1
Ted Cruz Revealed, Watch Video, then Vote (Apr '16) Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
News Teen In Crivitz School Threat Faces 4 Charges (Feb '10) Dec '15 Nj Schneider 5
News Famous Shaffer Park Supper Club Destroyed By Fire (Sep '14) Sep '14 Greg Balcerek 2
Review: Caine & Associates (May '14) May '14 John Doe 1

Crivitz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crivitz Mortgages