Our View: Put reasonable limits in bi...

Our View: Put reasonable limits in bill for concealed guns

There are 3 comments on the Wausau Daily Herald story from May 12, 2011, titled Our View: Put reasonable limits in bill for concealed guns. In it, Wausau Daily Herald reports that:

Comments In a pre-election interview with the Wausau Daily Herald's Editorial Board last year, then-candidate Pam Galloway said that as she'd traveled the district, one of the key requests she'd heard from her constituents was for a concealed carry law in Wisconsin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wausau Daily Herald.

fooman

United States

#1 May 12, 2011
Talk about narcissism... Who asked what their view is? Who the F cares? Anything limiting freedom is not reasonable.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#2 May 12, 2011
"Reasonable" according to whom? There is NOTHING reasonable about limiting when, where, or how I choose to protect myself and my loved ones, or putting up roadblocks or hoops to jump through in order to exercise a Constitutionally protected Right.

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#3 May 12, 2011
plaincomments wrote:

1:16 PM on May 12, 2011

I have not agreed with any nmber of views the Wausau Daily Herald has printed lately but this one I agree with.
I support concealed carry but this like all rights have reasonable limits.
It is my opinion that to obtain a permit you have to pass a background check, pass not just take a course much like hunter safety but dealing with self-defense and other issues on conceal carry. You must be at least 21 years of age, you may only carry when you have absolute sobriety, are not be under the infuence of illegal drugs or obtan you doctor's approval if you are using prescription drugs which impair. You should be restricted from carrying in taverns, or any public building which has a security check point. If the building is open without check check points than it does not make any sense to restrict conceal carry in such a public building. I feel that the private owners of building should be able to post signs banning access if they wish. There should be a recordings system which alerts law enforcement officers when they check someone's driver's status but that should not be cause for any action, just a heads up notice.
Much like the DOT has a driver's condition or behavior report for police to alert DOT of a driver who should be re-examined for driving status such a report should also be in the system for law enforcement or the courts to report on someone to the issuing agnecy which handles the conceal carry permits.
Good example of what the typical Americano has become.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crivitz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Singer Julius La Rosa, publicly fired on Godfre... May '16 guest 2
ROSP the place of lies May '16 Itstime 1
Ted Cruz Revealed, Watch Video, then Vote Apr '16 Vote For Trump 1
Koch Brothers' Libertarians Hate Trump (Mar '16) Mar '16 Vote For Trump 1
Valerie mccoy (Mar '16) Mar '16 Curious 1
News Teen In Crivitz School Threat Faces 4 Charges (Feb '10) Dec '15 Nj Schneider 5
News Famous Shaffer Park Supper Club Destroyed By Fire (Sep '14) Sep '14 Greg Balcerek 2

Crivitz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crivitz Mortgages