Middle Inlet Man Takes Action By Post...

Middle Inlet Man Takes Action By Posting Sign

There are 2 comments on the story from Aug 21, 2009, titled Middle Inlet Man Takes Action By Posting Sign. In it, reports that:

Since it has been over a year since Town of Middle Inlet resident Steve Schmitz has not received any help from town officials, the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (WDNR) or an area state assemblyman, regarding a commercial building asbestos issue, he took it upon himself to let the public know that there has been for several years a serious hazard looming next door.

Schmitz, along with Tom Hensee, his brother, and another local friend, dug a hole on his side of the property line and cemented in place a hazard sign next door to his neighbor, Collectors Paradise Antique Mall, owned by Mark and Jan Lemay.

The sign displays "Hazard Warning" and has attached two articles that were published in May of 2008 in the EagleHerald, a daily newspaper located in Marinette. The articles were written by David Keup, a EagleHerald reporter. The articles can also be viewed online by copying and pasting this link in your browser http://cid-776ac06ae7420c3d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Schmitz%20Investigation%20Files

Join the discussion below, or Read more at .

SNOOPY VANESS

De Forest, WI

#1 Aug 25, 2009
It's a sad day when all this is happening in such a beautiful
part of our state .Come on people wake up,this story that you have read is true to the fact,and i know it ,but I'm just one person and can not do anything by myself.All you have to do is make some phone calls to the people listed in this story ,the phone numbers are all listed in the story that you have to call.just call each one and ask why there is nothing being done about that mess.It has to be cleaned up period I have a 10 yr.old son and i dam sure would not let him in that place .Thank you for reading my take on this .SNOOPY

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 27, 2009
I agree with you totally on this Snoopy! Wow! We pay people big tax dollars every year so that they can cover up a serious health hazard. The DNR report that was sent to the Schmitz and the EagleHertald reporter over one year ago plainly shows that the DNR inpsector who was up in Middle Inlet in 2006 found clear violations. Plain and simple. What a BIG cover up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crivitz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News T/Pound Residents Petition Board Against Sex Of... Apr '17 TNF 13 1
News Singer Julius La Rosa, publicly fired on Godfre... (May '16) May '16 guest 2
News Teen In Crivitz School Threat Faces 4 Charges (Feb '10) Dec '15 Nj Schneider 5
News Famous Shaffer Park Supper Club Destroyed By Fire (Sep '14) Sep '14 Greg Balcerek 2
Review: Caine & Associates (May '14) May '14 John Doe 1
News Porfilio, Paul J. (Oct '08) Apr '14 Shawna 2
News Propane Shortage Easing, Still Hurts (Feb '14) Feb '14 charlie 1

Crivitz Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crivitz Mortgages