Tom Andrews For Mayor

Tom Andrews For Mayor

Posted in the Crewe Forum

vipersniper

Charlottesville, VA

#1 May 3, 2008
I am a firm believer that you vote is private and that each person has to vote their conscience. However the past few weeks have really been enlightening. Many people have said to me that they feel intimidated by the current Mayor. He challenged one constituent to a fight, even though the man does not vote. He grew angry at his wife and tore up his card. Apparently his common sense has gone out the window and he accosts people that leave their homes to stop from talking to him. One very irate lady told me today that she wanted a change in the face of the town council but especially she is praying that Tom Andrews will win.
So it comes down to this, yes there will be changes in Burkeville, anytime you have progress there must be change.
countrycousin

Charlottesville, VA

#2 May 3, 2008
He has my vote.
burkeville boy

Charlottesville, VA

#3 May 5, 2008
Its time for change My vote is for tom andrews, the current mayor has not followed through with any thing he has said to me, I know Tom is a good man and will help the town with good ideas
VanZandt

Charlottesville, VA

#4 May 5, 2008
This could be the history making election in Burkeville if all five women running for council wins. It must be exciting to be part of history.
vipersniper

Charlottesville, VA

#5 May 5, 2008
Well in a few hours it will be known if history is made. Even if four of the five win, it will change the face of the council.
burkeville boy

Charlottesville, VA

#6 May 6, 2008
so far the turn out in burkeville has been busy it is now 5pm
vipersniper

Charlottesville, VA

#7 May 6, 2008
Yes 200 votes cast with 196 by machine and four absentee ballots.
vipersniper

Charlottesville, VA

#8 May 6, 2008
Good ole boys triumph in Burkeville. Oh well that is how it goes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crewe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Young and single Feb 16 23justseeing 1
Fatal Fire (Feb '09) Feb 6 Wondering 235
Politics! Jan '18 bulk 1
Enjoy Virginia"s Top Vacation Spot! Jan '18 bulk 1
me too! Nov '17 bulk 1
Nottoway Snitches (Mar '08) Oct '17 Garland brock 3rd 39
Nottoway Commonwealth's Attorney (Oct '12) Oct '17 Captain kirk 5

Crewe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance