County split on offender center

County split on offender center

There are 15 comments on the Richmond Times-Dispatch story from Jul 15, 2006, titled County split on offender center. In it, Richmond Times-Dispatch reports that:

The state will break ground in Nottoway County on Thursday on the new Virginia Center for Behavioral Rehabilitation for violent sex offenders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond Times-Dispatch.

concerned parent

Johnson City, TN

#1 Aug 18, 2006
I think that it is absolutely horrible that a place like this will be located right up the road from where my family lives and not too far from a school. One would think that they would find a better location!
autumn smith

Chester, VA

#2 Apr 5, 2007
im a student from nottaway county school. and it is terrible that sex offenders are in crewe. because i already have a boyfriend. why do people do this?
ms j

AOL

#3 Apr 5, 2007
Sex offenders are everywhere. At least with this prison they will be behind bars. The ones living in our neighborhoods are the ones to be afraid of.
William

Midlothian, VA

#4 Apr 9, 2007
Is sex crimes more horrid than killing someone?Thats permanent. I know the scares are too,But what about all the murderers and assualts that leave people crippled ,blind or mentally injured? Or the crimes that take away the things a person has worked for all their lives, like burglary, I.D.theft and the like?
Is Virginia like so many other states, Hopeing to put so much pressure on these offenders that they go to another state?
And what if all the states get that hard? Do you think they will just leave the country all together? Guess what! THEY CANT! So what are they to do?Just Die maybe? Well if we'er gonna go that rout, You know Virginia has a very LARG number of crackheads,drunks,hookers,and parasites that live off the working people, lets not leave these people out.
If Your walls could talk, would you still be free?
Just asking. Thanks
Devils Advocate
William

United States

#5 Apr 10, 2007
Want to talk about sex crimes?
What about these TAXES? Is that not getting screwed? Fed,State And local.What about welfair and the working people? Souds like another sex crime to me.
And the war, the miss guided voters,the Medical programs in this country,?
Hell, sounds like half the people in America is either a victom or an offender.
NOW what do we do??

“Opinions: Like it or not.”

Since: Apr 07

Petersburg

#6 Apr 11, 2007
autumn smith wrote:
im a student from nottaway county school. and it is terrible that sex offenders are in crewe. because i already have a boyfriend. why do people do this?
Are you a BLOND?

“Opinions: Like it or not.”

Since: Apr 07

Petersburg

#7 Apr 11, 2007
concerned parent wrote:
I think that it is absolutely horrible that a place like this will be located right up the road from where my family lives and not too far from a school. One would think that they would find a better location!
Where would you have them go? Up the street from a hospital, daycare or shoping mall?If they dont go in this place, then theres going to be people in the next place that think they are too upstanding to have them around too. Everyone wants to act like Jesus stays at thier house and the world should bow down.Do you think your family is any better than the rest of the families around the state? Or youe school any better than another one? Refine your argument to sound less hipocritical. Where would they go? There are no deserts in this state.

Since: Apr 07

Crewe Va

#8 Apr 12, 2007
William Broadhouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a BLOND?
No she isnt blonde, she's only 11.

(Which by the way Autumn, you should never use your real name online.)

“Opinions: Like it or not.”

Since: Apr 07

Petersburg

#9 Apr 13, 2007
autumn smith wrote:
im a student from nottaway county school. and it is terrible that sex offenders are in crewe. because i already have a boyfriend. why do people do this?
I apologize for the comment, in my line of work being a butt comes too quickly. I'm sorry.
Keep voicing your opinion girl.

“Opinions: Like it or not.”

Since: Apr 07

Petersburg

#10 Apr 13, 2007
ms j wrote:
<quoted text>
No she isnt blonde, she's only 11.
(Which by the way Autumn, you should never use your real name online.)
Sorry, lady. Wasnt exspecting an 11 yr old to be on this site.
Boodaroo

Lexington, VA

#11 Feb 21, 2008
I know a lot of people are worrying about the sex offenders coming to Crew, but look on the bright side, atleast they are behind locked doors and fences. What people fail to realize is that there are sex offenders walking around us on a daily basis but because we don't know who they are we tend not to worry as much. Hopefully by putting this facility so close to home it will scare the remaining offenders away.
vipersniper

Charlottesville, VA

#12 May 3, 2008
The unit is open and will save Piedmont from being closed down. This will also produce jobs for those graduating each year from highschool.
WTF

Crewe, VA

#13 May 3, 2008
autumn smith wrote:
im a student from nottaway county school. and it is terrible that sex offenders are in crewe. because i already have a boyfriend. why do people do this?
Therefore, and such as. DUH
WTF

Crewe, VA

#14 May 3, 2008
William wrote:
Is sex crimes more horrid than killing someone?Thats permanent. I know the scares are too,But what about all the murderers and assualts that leave people crippled ,blind or mentally injured? Or the crimes that take away the things a person has worked for all their lives, like burglary, I.D.theft and the like?
Is Virginia like so many other states, Hopeing to put so much pressure on these offenders that they go to another state?
And what if all the states get that hard? Do you think they will just leave the country all together? Guess what! THEY CANT! So what are they to do?Just Die maybe? Well if we'er gonna go that rout, You know Virginia has a very LARG number of crackheads,drunks,hookers,and parasites that live off the working people, lets not leave these people out.
If Your walls could talk, would you still be free?
Just asking. Thanks
Devils Advocate
Yeah, I believe that most crimes r bad,just some r worse that others. For example-child molestation,rape,and murder. I don't get it.Tell ya what if n e 1 ever, ever touches my daughter I will b the 1 in jail! That's a promise! Now, B&E-my house has been broken into a couple of times in the past 10 yrs., and the last time we were out of state,had a "FRIEND" dog sitting my 2 dogs, the thief had a big bite on his leg,and was peddelin' my things. But did the COPS help? HELL NO!It's really hard to rest knowing a thieven -ss low life has been in and envadedyour home, where you raise your children,where you lay your head at nite. We have a good idea who did it, even told the cops. Lots of evidence. This world has really gotten to be an awful place. And as far as drugs go,the gov. Jobs,& $! It's sad but looks like crime makes the world go around.Think about all the differnt jobs we have because of crime. Hell, the GOV put half the drugs out on the street in the first place.Remember that!But the violent criminals should not be allowed back out on the street.
VanZandt

Charlottesville, VA

#15 May 3, 2008
When an adult subject is broached, children should really think about posting on some websites. It is too easy to locate them. And having a boyfriend and equating that with a sex offender is like comparing a Volkswagon to a battleship. Sex offenders are about control not sex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crewe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amelia County, Virginia Judges and Police Dept ... (Sep '10) Jan 20 Justiceforbw 11
Complaints about Blackstone VA (Sep '08) Jan 16 bulk 228
Cheaters (Jun '16) Jan 2 WeT16 9
trump for mayor (Mar '16) Nov '16 bulk 2
Trump Takes Lunenburg (Mar '16) Nov '16 bulk 2
Hillary vs Trump (Jun '15) Nov '16 bulk 4
Smoke! Nov '16 bulk 1

Crewe Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crewe Mortgages