Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Oct 17, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

United States

#1 Sep 11, 2009
Since some say "a grocery store is not needed in Crewe" which is a moronic statement. "That all anyone needs can be bought at the Dollar Store" That's BS. Any place needs a grocery store, you can't get everything at the Dollar Store get real people. The statement that "a grocery store is not needed in Crewe" is basically saying that Crewe has given up on trying for a grocery store which is pathetic to give up.
Nonsense

Crewe, VA

#2 Sep 11, 2009
You explained that in the paper. I do not think it is a matter of giving up, it is that the CEO'S do not agree with you. They are looking only to fill their pockets and the heck with the public.

United States

#3 Sep 11, 2009
It's pure stupidity on the CEO's part.
its me

Crewe, VA

#4 Sep 16, 2009
Its the land lord that owns were star value store was he is looking to get richer then he is.
Nonsense

Crewe, VA

#5 Sep 16, 2009
That makes sense and I have been told that by officials. I do not know of any officials opposed to a grocery store.

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2009
Oh I do. One person on the Town Council said "To stop looking for a grocery store"
Nonsense

Crewe, VA

#7 Sep 17, 2009
Rick he may have said to stop looking for a grocery store because the banks will not finance one. I honestly feel that they would try but the thing is you can not make a horse drink when led to water. It is sad on the part of the community and now Bradshaw's is closed. One individual pointed out a truth the land owner made it impossible for a major store to build here. While we both agree it is devastating to not have one. I guess it all boils down to whoever has the gold makes the rules.

United States

#8 Sep 19, 2009
Yes, the owner of the lot can jack up the price of the rent and think he will be filling his pockets with money but in truth the owner is really killing himself for being greedy. Such a smart thing to do.
People do not think.
Nonsense

Crewe, VA

#9 Sep 19, 2009
Trouble is there are a lot of people who do this and in the meantime the average person trying to make a living pays the band. Now the quadruple murder in Farmville. Horrifying.
The Spelling Police

Dillwyn, VA

#10 Sep 20, 2009
@ Nonsense,
Off topic, but what makes you assume that Rick (Gunter) is posting as "Guest"?
You stated in your Friday Sep 11 response to Guest's post that "you explained that in the paper", and in your Thursday Sep 17 post you addressed Guest as "Rick".
LOL!
On topic-I heard that the owner of the Star Value property writes off the empty/unrented store on his taxes as a loss, that he's still coming out ahead financially because of the tax break he's getting on that "loss".
Nonsense

Crewe, VA

#11 Sep 20, 2009
There was an article in the Crewe-Burkeville Journal that said word for word the same as what is posted here. Makes no difference it is a shame that we can't have a grocery store in Crewe. Keysville has a grocery store among others. Now back to the murders, please people be cautious about MySpace, one of the victims is a thirteen year old girl.
its me

AOL

#12 Sep 25, 2009
Guest wrote:
Oh I do. One person on the Town Council said "To stop looking for a grocery store"
So Name him or her so when I see him or her in town I can ask him or her WHY NOT
The Spelling Police

Dillwyn, VA

#13 Sep 26, 2009
@ Nonsense-
I'm sitting here with the Sept. 10th issue of the Journal, comparing Guest's posted quotes with Rick Gunter's published quotes of what some people are saying. Here's what Gunter wrote:

"Oh, we don't need a grocery store. I get everything I need at the Dollar General" and "Crewe does not need a big store like Food Lion was supposed to put here. Just a store that is a little bigger than a convenience store would do".

Looks like you're right, Nonsense. It's word for word the same! How could I not see the obvious? It IS Rick Gunter farting around on this board, posting as Guest!
Hi, Rick!

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2009
Think what you want but I'm not Rick. All I know is that he is an Editor.
The Spelling Police

Dillwyn, VA

#15 Sep 26, 2009
@ Guest-
I don't think you're Rick. I was being sarcastic, but it was not directed at you.
Disciple

Crewe, VA

#16 Oct 12, 2009
The idea of posting who made the comment should be made known. It is not a bad idea to confront a person.
its me

Crewe, VA

#17 Oct 14, 2009
Plus all the jobs a store would bring too this little town is dieing a slow death. I love living here and if I had the money I would do what I could to keep it alive. The old timers from here just sit there and watch and complain. Its so bad the way things are done here please help us keep Crewe a nice place to live.
Disciple

Crewe, VA

#18 Oct 15, 2009
You can start by promoting term limits on certain politicians.

United States

#19 Oct 17, 2009
During the Chicken Festival Creigh Deeds couldn't believe Crewe didn't have a grocery store. I would be floored as well if I was visiting and found out a town didn't have a grocery store. That's down right cruel for Crewe.
CSI

Crewe, VA

#20 Oct 17, 2009
Deeds is not the only person that could not believe Crewe does not have a grocery store. However if you think that any politician can change the mind of the land owner and his rent of the property then good luck to you. I can believe it because when it come right down to it the store was a money pit and no corporation is going to take it on. I am sorry about that but I know of one gentleman who has used his time and talent to talk to available corporations and he gets the same thing. Let us not politicize this because if the banks refuse to back a company then that is their fault. I sure wish that the town itself would not be ignored but you can not blame this on them. I remember fully a man that did the logistics saying a few years ago that it would not work. He is deceased now and he had his facts together. Support the stores that are in existance in the area.
By the way I would like to see the bills McDonnell allegedly signed. It has been know among state employees for some time now that Piedmont Hospital will be turned over to the Department of Corrections. I do not believe Creigh Deeds should be represented the way he is. He appears to be a nice man but some of his people are wrecking his campaign.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crewe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Nottoway Schools start before Labor Day... Why? Jul '14 FED UP 1
My New Water Meter Jul '14 incometer 1
Legal Highs (Jul '13) Jul '14 donnie 11
tracy williams (reeves) (Dec '05) Jun '14 lori 59
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
Crewe Primary Teachers using and selling drugs! Apr '14 Punisher111594 1
•••
•••
•••

Crewe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Crewe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••