Rockford

AOL

#21 Mar 18, 2009
The key word "Alledgedly" is always used to describe a possible crime when there has been no arrest and it hasn`t gone to a trial with a conviction. Unless you were there how can you say anyone stood there and couldn`t do anything?
GitHerDone

Crewe, VA

#22 Mar 19, 2009
Perhaps someone was watching closer than you think. However when a mobile home catches on fire it burns in less than time than a regular structure. I know as I have been there when one burned. The hole in the floor however does make one wonder.
Kathy Gauldin

AOL

#23 Mar 20, 2009
Jamie was nmy son and i believed he was murdered over someone who was jealous off him he loved everyone and his kids were all that mattered we have lost so much everywhere i go people loved him and are heart broken the only drugs he was doing was presription drugs he was going to college svcc with his sis they started 2gether in jan.2009 he had recently gave his life to christ and the only thing he was peddling around town was psalms 51,we were close since his father wanted nothing 2 do with him since he was a baby he died with an enlargred heart and since his sister has been checked and has an oversized heart i believe there r 3 suspects but one is more than the others if u guys out there can help i would really appreciate it he called me eveeryday i just want justice 4 Jamie (james Matthew McComb DOB 03/10/77 the police here seem 2 know nothing i am doing my own research
Holly Santos

AOL

#24 Mar 20, 2009
I am Jamies' sister. And some of the comments on here about my brother are very disrespectful to him and his family. I appreciate the ones on here that are taking up for him. He was a good person, and did not deserve what happened to him. In the last month that he alive he went around to complete strangers asking them if they were saved, and asked them to read Psalm 51. I miss my brother very much, and its hard for me to go to the college, because everywhere I go I see him. And it makes me sad that he is not there no more. Please keep us in your prayers, and thoughts.
Holly Santos

AOL

#25 Mar 20, 2009
james wrote:
i knew jamie very well, he was a great man. The neighbor in front of him had a grudge against him and i am suspecting foul play. His trailer was completly burned with him inside. His mother is taking it hard as is the rest of the family. We all need to keep the family in our prayers. The best of it all was that his neighbor was an ex-fire fighter!! He didnt do nothing to help jamie, in my eyes he is a suspect.
How did you know my brother?

Since: Mar 09

United States

#26 Mar 20, 2009
I have known Jamie and his family for over 18 years. Jamie may have had some faults but he did not deserve to die in the manner that he did. It is ridiculous that his family is having to do their own investigation into this matter. Everyone at the sheriff's office is keeping tight lipped and not letting the family know anything. I have heard of several good suspects with motive. There is no way that the hole in the kitchen was made by a simple accidental fire. It is evident that whatever made this hole was the source of the fire. It was deliberate and malicious.
Wondering

Esperance, NY

#27 Mar 20, 2009
Crewe Girl wrote:
I have known Jamie and his family for over 18 years. Jamie may have had some faults but he did not deserve to die in the manner that he did. It is ridiculous that his family is having to do their own investigation into this matter. Everyone at the sheriff's office is keeping tight lipped and not letting the family know anything. I have heard of several good suspects with motive. There is no way that the hole in the kitchen was made by a simple accidental fire. It is evident that whatever made this hole was the source of the fire. It was deliberate and malicious.

Just so everyone knows. Just because there was a hole in the center of the floor which may be the source of the fire, does not mean anyone did this deliberately. Did he have a kerosene heater, electric heater or anything of that sort? Those things cause a lot of fires especially in mobile homes. The police may be keeping a tight lip, because they are not done with the investigation yet. They have to be certain that it was accidental or arson. Be patient and everyone will know the truth soon. Let them do their work. As for the family, you want answers now. Things take time. I am glad to hear that Jamie made a change in his life and turned to God, but people do not forget when they are set up and snitched on. Hopefully it did not lead to this.
Holly Santos

AOL

#28 Mar 20, 2009
He did not have any of those things in his trailer, he had a central heat and air, which worked perfectly. And my brother was not a snitch. So I would appreciate it if people stop saying those things about him. Even if he was, he did not deserve this,noone deserves to die like that.
Rockford

AOL

#29 Mar 20, 2009
More people should get involved and turn in all the drug dealers. It`s sick what they do to exploit people especially children. Hopefully the people who are posting here and think keeping quiet is the way to go will never have a family member destroyed by drugs. Then again maybe they think their tweeker sister with rotting teeth is ok?
Wondering

Esperance, NY

#30 Mar 21, 2009
I apologize for using "snitch". I wasn't meaning any harm by that. It's just that once somebody tries to do the right thing of turning people in, they are then considered a snitch. Some people do go after people like that so they won't get caught or the bigger person gets caught. People who keep quiet are the ones that are afraid something will happen to them, not that they are doing drugs. Although, that is usually the case. Hopefully the investigation will come back as an accident. All are in my prayers..
Julie Lowry

AOL

#31 Mar 21, 2009
I am sickened by the post I read on here saying Jamie was a snitch. I don't believe he was BUT if he was what the hell difference does that make? He is gone, why do people feel the need to say things like that to upset his family?? I lost a child and I know the pain, the devastation. You sure as hell don't have a heart and I'm willing to bet your brain cells are burnt up from doing drugs. Only drug users are worried about who is a snitch and who isn't. Have some compassion for the family or keep your damn mouths shut.
Jamies mom

AOL

#32 Mar 21, 2009
Thanks to all of u who have said kind and supporting things i am still so lost we were so close i dont know what todo anymore jamie was everything in a son amother could ever want someone out there knows the truth isnt that what matters i urge u to call crime solvers i miss him so much i dont know how to go on without him everyday is a challenge i cant find peace and i will not give up til the person is caught so i beg u to please let someone know what happened jamie was afraid in the previous weeks something was gonna happen to himself and he told others this and noone did nothing i am not at liberty to say why he was afraid
dale 88

AOL

#33 Mar 21, 2009
how does a whole the size of a pub table get in a floor with no electrical or heaters 2 cause it he had a glass kitchen table and if he was asleep as i am sure he was or he would of ran out of the trailer how did he start it? any suggestions welcome

Since: Mar 09

United States

#34 Mar 21, 2009
Well Jamie was a friend of mine. All people have a past. And let me tell you he was changing his life around and he was trying to get his kids back. He was not a snitch. And do you really think that someone needs to be killed like he was? What if it was one of your close family members? You would probably want the same thing we want, ANSWERS. The cops won't even listen to anything anyone has to say. They won't say nothing at all. You know only a coulple of cops said that they were sorry for the loss of Jamie. I mean if it was their son, daughter, or etc.. they would be on a path for revenge or like I said ANSWERS. Nobody is perfect, I know I'm not. But this is ridiculous. Why won't the so called INVESTIGATORS listen to the evidence and yes there is evidence that this was not an accident. And the next door neighbors, well if I lived where they do, I could have smelled the smoke in my sleep, or at least heard the fire. Let's get real here they didn't do anything and I think we know why. He was an ex-firefighter, and he got up about that time to deliver newspapers. But that's ok because "No weapons formed aganist you shall prosper". So the truth will come out. Jamie did not deserve to go like he did. I do miss him, and his calls.... I hope that those who read this realize that the TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE. There is more to it than meets the eye, but the cops have to actually care, and myabe listen to what we are saying. For everyone who thinks that he deserved what he got, well who are you to judge or point fingers, is your life that great and perfect that you can? I think not, so stop and take at look at yourself...or just take a walk in his mom's shoes. I don't think that you will like it at all, you would probably be on a path of destruction.
Anyways I love you Kathy, and I am here for you through thick and thin.. You are my 2nd mama..... I'm just happy I got to be a part of Jamie's life and you know there will be JUSTICE.
Cancer-Survivor

Crewe, VA

#35 Mar 21, 2009
There is an indian saying that you never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes. Perhaps he did things wrong but then is there any who can cast the first stone? We are entering the season of forgiveness,people if you think burn injuries are pretty go down to a burn unit. Kathy do not misinterpet this, perhaps it was better for him to have died rather than to have horrid burns. I say if he was murdered, and I believe he was, then at least I hope he was not alive when the fire started.
I pray you find peace you and your family as well.
JMM 88

Mechanicsburg, PA

#36 Mar 21, 2009
You kno no one is perfect. I dont apprecaite it at all the rude comments that are left on here one bit. I do thank the ones that care. Even if my cousin was a snitch where I do not kno where yall getting off saying that still does not give one dam reason to what happened to him. Yea it is very suspicious that the newspaper guy never went on paper route and he left bout the same time everynight. I kno I had been to Jamie's house when he would leave. you kno my brother was in a trailer when it was on fire and it makes alot of noise and the smoke is just outragous. I do not want to hear that they didnt see or hear anything mainly for when we kno who should been leaving and for what reason he didnt. why not?? Some ppl need get there stories stright how one moment a lil after 11 jamie was sopposeivly be outside chassing his cat and then they turn around I didnt say that well u kno sounds dag on suspicius to me. How can you stand there with your arms folded and not say one word when you look at his house and u lived right next to him. Rumors say he seen jamie in the lilttle bedroom but didnt help him. I hope thats not true!!! yea ex fire fighter to. I hope that not what happened. Just letting you kno my aunt is a fighter we will find out. I hope some ppl come clean.
I C WORRIE

Charlottesville, VA

#37 Mar 23, 2009
< I BELIEVE THERE WAS FOWL PLAY, JAMIE KEPT HIS TRAILER CLEAN, HE WAS A "CLEAN FREAK",HE KEPT THE TRAILER CLEAN, HE EVEN WASHED HIS CLOTHS ALL THE TIME. JAIME EVEN KEPT THE KITCHEN CLEAN, THERE WAS A SIX FOOT RADIUS BURNED HOLEIN THE KITCHEN FLOOR. THE LOCAL POLICE DEPTS AND SHERRIFS DEPT AROIUND HERE ARE SO STUPID!! THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO CONDUCT AN INVESTIGATION.
I C WORRIE

Charlottesville, VA

#38 Mar 23, 2009
I believ there was fowl play, Jamie kept his trailer clean, he was a "Clean freak". He kept the trailer clean, he even was his clothes all the time. Jaime even kept the kitchen clean, there was a six foot radius burnt hole in the kitchen floor, the local police depts and sherrifs dept around here are soo stupid!!They dont even know how to conduct an investigation.
JCLIL Amy

Mechanicsburg, PA

#39 Mar 23, 2009
Not one day has gone by that I dont think of Jamie. This has been I believe the hardest thing ever happen to me as of losingg a family member. Losing Jamie was like losing my own brother. Me and Jamie had gotton close the last 2 years. I go over to his apartment we would play dominoes and just sit talk and watch tv. Jamie was a very clean person when it come to his house and himself. He was a neat freak. Today is a hard day its been a mth since Jamie has passed and it hurts just as the I got the phone call. That will be a day I never I forget ever. The phone hit the floor and I was bawling in tears as if I had just lost my brother. Kathy is hurting bad who ever did this does deserve everything they get. They took someone that I miss terribly. Everyone has a past but people change and Jamie did 3 weeks before he did. Jamie was an amazing person. He was just not my cousin he was my friend a borther. Now he is gone. Its hard when im up at the gameroom I kno it is for the whole family. I miss seeing him come in that door and when he would call I pick up the phone he would ask this lil amy then say Come see me girl what he would tell me. I so wish a million times I would of went to his house that weekend. You kno we can't change the past but we can learn from it and do better in the future. Its so sad that Mckennly has to grow up the way Jamie did. Without his real father. But steve mayed up for what his real dad didnt.I hope selena finds love again and will treat her and Mckennly with all the deserve. I miss Jamie so much. My brother wants to go be with Jamie he says he can't wait. That hurts alot but I kno he wants to be with Jamie bc jamie was his cousin but more of his brother. They grew up together.He said why did it have to happen on the CCC Rd. where Jamie and him road the buss together they lived so close on that rd. Along time ago. He misses Jamie alot. You kno he was only a mth older then jamie but he looked up to him. He do whatever jamie needed or wanted if he could do it he did. I think we all will be a little better if we just had answers. Its harder not knowing what happen that night. But you kno if we dont find our answers be4 we leave here, we will find out when we get to heaven. You kno I want to be with my cousin to and the rest of family when it is time. Im going to change my life around so I can see jamie and get the answers and be with him for ever and with my kids and husband. Right now we all are hurt. People say its gets better I dont see it right now. Kahty,carl,holly,steve I love you all 4 of you very much, along with the rest of family. We are going to get threw this together. Jamie just has us looking forward to something and that is getting ppl to change there life to god. So when they go to heaven they can meet jamie, and will tell us how proud he is of us. I so hope though we will find JUSTICE for Jamie and soon. I hope God will lead us to that road of what really happened to him. But maybe kathy is right we are preparing for the answers. A comment for the one's that want call Jamie i snitch, if he was or if he wasnt regardless if you werent doing nothing you shouldnt of been maybe you would have to worry bout being told on. Just remember someone can always take a place. But I dont belive me cousin was a snitch. People read psalm.51. Tell others about it.
dale 88

AOL

#40 Mar 23, 2009
i am pleading to everyone that if u know anything that happened to jamie u will please tell the authorities ,the funny thing this was the only nite he was home alone in over 3 weeks? someone knew he was alone why would someone call him at 2:18 am the last call he made was at 8:09pm, please if u know anything call crime stoppers this family will not rest til the coward is brought 2 justiceand we have prayed the truth will come out so someone needs to clear their conscience

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crewe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LOST in KENBRIDGE Jun 21 bulk 1
do trees fart? Jun 19 I know what you did 2
Cheaters Jun 15 frog gigger 2
Found Cocker Spaniel in Rice VA (Jul '10) Jun 14 bulk 3
Kids Jun 9 Montana_Momma 6
Hear the Blast? Apr '16 bulk 1
trump for mayor Mar '16 bulk 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crewe Mortgages