First Prev
of 12
Next Last
royhobbs

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 25, 2009
Anything going around behind the official scene about the fatal fire in Crewe?
Just Me

Gordonsville, VA

#2 Feb 26, 2009
What fire was this and who was the victim?
Cancer-Survivor

Crewe, VA

#3 Feb 27, 2009
Jamie McComb and a elderly gentleman died in separate fires on Monday. The elderly gentleman died a few days later. Any way this is a sad time for the families and it will be awhile before they can determine what happened.
james

Shoemakersville, PA

#4 Mar 3, 2009
i knew jamie very well, he was a great man. The neighbor in front of him had a grudge against him and i am suspecting foul play. His trailer was completly burned with him inside. His mother is taking it hard as is the rest of the family. We all need to keep the family in our prayers. The best of it all was that his neighbor was an ex-fire fighter!! He didnt do nothing to help jamie, in my eyes he is a suspect.
Cancer-Survivor

Crewe, VA

#5 Mar 3, 2009
I have my suspicions but no particular person in mind. I do pray for his family no matter what, it seemed suspicious to me just from viewing it from the road. I sympathize because my own home burned down.
Just Me

Gordonsville, VA

#6 Mar 9, 2009
Sad to say, but usually things like this happens to people like Jamie. He was a drug user and a snitch. You can't be both and get away with it. He was one of Nottoway's best C.I.
Cancer-Survivor

Crewe, VA

#7 Mar 10, 2009
Whether or not is true only gives fuel to the fact that it was not an accident. Can we sanction this? Did his children deserve to lose their father? He was not the best he was just one of a few in all probability, there is always someone to take his place.
Just Me

Gordonsville, VA

#8 Mar 11, 2009
Hopefully this was an accident and nothing else. No, his children do not deserve this. However, people who have children should not put themselves in situations where bad things can happen. Has there been any more news as to if it was accidental? Here lately in Nottoway Co., it seems as though more people are being found dead due to drugs or snitching.
Cancer-Survivor

Crewe, VA

#9 Mar 12, 2009
It is a dirty business, as I understand it Jamie was turning himself around, this is where forgiveness comes in. I think we will see more more tragedies as we go. In the drug business all a person has to do is think you are looking at them and they will kill you. Fire destroys evidence, however there is always clues, our CA has said he does not go by CSI evidence. It is time he did or we find the one that will. Poor economic times, and those that want to make a fast buck that does not go away overnight.
Rockford

AOL

#10 Mar 12, 2009
In this case there is enough evidence that the people involved will be taken down. Just be a little patient.
Just Me

Gordonsville, VA

#11 Mar 13, 2009
Rockford wrote:
In this case there is enough evidence that the people involved will be taken down. Just be a little patient.
So, they have proven it was not accidental?
GitHerDone

Crewe, VA

#12 Mar 14, 2009
I believe that is what they are saying. When the cops are silent it usually means that they are investigating.
hig

Lynchburg, VA

#13 Mar 16, 2009
that is terrible
GitHerDone

Crewe, VA

#14 Mar 16, 2009
Anyone burned in a fire is terrible.
nogr8loss

United States

#15 Mar 17, 2009
Its about time sumn happens 2 a snitch here 4 so long people have snitchn and ruining others lives 4 as lil as a speeding ticket
Rockford

AOL

#16 Mar 17, 2009
In your case I can see why they call it DOPE and not Smart. What a loser.
Just Me

Gordonsville, VA

#17 Mar 17, 2009
People these days are so use to text messaging that they forget how to write in complete words or sentences. Blame stupidity on technology these days. Or by living in Nottoway and Lunenburg Counties.
Just Me

Gordonsville, VA

#18 Mar 17, 2009
james wrote:
i knew jamie very well, he was a great man. The neighbor in front of him had a grudge against him and i am suspecting foul play. His trailer was completly burned with him inside. His mother is taking it hard as is the rest of the family. We all need to keep the family in our prayers. The best of it all was that his neighbor was an ex-fire fighter!! He didnt do nothing to help jamie, in my eyes he is a suspect.
You're kidding right? The neighbor was an ex-firefighter and did not assist at all? Was that person even home? Now that is suspicious. Since he was an ex-firefighter, maybe he was into drugs himself?
Rockford

AOL

#19 Mar 17, 2009
Alledgedly they stood there and watched it burn.
Just Me

Gordonsville, VA

#20 Mar 18, 2009
Rockford wrote:
Alledgedly they stood there and watched it burn.
The key word here is "Alledgedly". Thats how false rumors get started is by people alledging things. If they stood there, it must have been because they couldn't do anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crewe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the countys' most crooked paid official? (Oct '08) Dec 23 bulk 8
Animal Control in Nottoway County (Nov '07) Dec 14 chargar1 7
Should Crewe Have a Grocery Store? Dec 10 bulk 3
Legal Highs (Jul '13) Dec 10 bulk 15
Farmer's Food coming to Burkeville? Dec 10 bulk 1
The Hills are slum lords (Sep '11) Dec 5 bulk 2
whats going on (Apr '14) Dec 5 bulk 2
Crewe Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web