Upset

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

This time someone has spoken to the town about this. Hopefully it will work. If anybody have problems with cats or questions and even advice please call someone on town council. Or even go to the next meeting.

Rocky Mount, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

I don't get it. Do you have anything else to complain about or is your life so misserable that you have to dwell on this constantly? From what I can see out of my window is the fact that you should be watching yourself and your own...do you get my drift? Then you wouldnt have so much time to watch and lay in wait to shoot at these animals, trap and carry them off. These cats are taken care off neutered and spate. They are too fat and lazy to move out of their yard or airconditioned shed to bother you. So get involved in something constructive and worthwhile bitching about.
Upset

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

guest wrote:
I don't get it. Do you have anything else to complain about or is your life so misserable that you have to dwell on this constantly? From what I can see out of my window is the fact that you should be watching yourself and your own...do you get my drift? Then you wouldnt have so much time to watch and lay in wait to shoot at these animals, trap and carry them off. These cats are taken care off neutered and spate. They are too fat and lazy to move out of their yard or airconditioned shed to bother you. So get involved in something constructive and worthwhile bitching about.

Apparantly you are not the one that lives beside them on Custist St. It is not that they cant leave there yard it is the smell. When was the last time you visted them? All of them are not neutered or spate. There is alot I mean alot that is in the allys that they feed.
Irving

Rocky Mount, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Custis st. seems to have alot of problems, and I guess cats are included.
hard to believe

Brookneal, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Wow I know about the lady on Custis St. and the one that has a aircondition in a building. I feel sorry for there neighbors. The older couple on the West side are nice people but they have a sickness just like the one on Custis. It is a hording sickness. I think the cat people have picked their cats over there neighbor. That is sad. I have seen the older couple and the "cat lady" feed the strays. Just like it was brought up in the meeting "if you feed it you own it" There is alot of problems in this town and the cats are one of them. There needs to be a law on how many cats you can own and how many dogs you can own.

Rocky Mount, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Upset wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparantly you are not the one that lives beside them on Custist St. It is not that they cant leave there yard it is the smell. When was the last time you visted them? All of them are not neutered or spate. There is alot I mean alot that is in the allys that they feed.
No I am not the one that lives on Custis St. I am the one that knows the personal cicumstances that have evolved over cats on the west end.This couple has had these cats for years and years. As I stated previously, these cats are taken care of, including being fenced in by a 12ft fence. They can't climb, because they are to old and fat. These "Neighbors" have lived beside eachother for years..with the cats, but all of a sudden it's a problem? Litter boxes are outside and inside which are cleaned several times a day. Exterminators come and spray the yard on a regular basis. I myself have gone and tried to detect an odor, there was none. I have a big problem with these "neighbors" and the fact that weapons are being discharged in a neighborhood, traps are set and other peoples pets are trapped and taken off. Discharging a gun within town limits also is a criminal offence. No, he is not shooting an air rifle. He needs to remember that there are small children in this neighborhood and bullets do and can go astray.
Guest 2

Brookneal, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

I feel bad for the neighborhood. I used to live beside some neighbors that had cats. The smell was unreal. Espcially in the summer when it is hot. The best they can hope for is for the town to put an ordiance in place to cut down on how many animals these people can have. I know that other towns have this in place. I can't believe that Crewe hasn't already done this.
Cats for neighbors- Crewe

Brookneal, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

I heard that this was posted on this Forum. I didn't even know that this site existed. I live beside the cat owners on the West end. If you think there is no smell, come to my house and sit in my back yard with me, believe me there is a SMELL. One or two animals are one thing. 15 to 20 are another story. We have had friends tell us that they can't believe that the town of Crewe allows this to be. I have loved these people as my own family for almost 18 years. When we were close to them it was very well known that we didn't like the number of cats they had nor the smell. This is not just all of the sudden by any means. Yes they do have a chain link fence to keep them in, however that does not keep in the smell. They don't keep all of the cats in, there are serveral that are in our yard and on the cars and pooping in flower beds daily. They have indeed chosen their cats over their neighbors. Whoever "Guest", from Fries, Va is, you seem to be very close to the problem. You know of the AC building for the cats to live in and that they are too fat and lazy to climb over the fence, and how many liter boxes are in the yard. Yet you have never smelled a foul odor, come on. I am fully aware of the law, and a firearm has not been fired on this property. So you may want to get your facts straight on that part. We have a camper that cats are under or on top of all the time. I guess no one sees this but us. We live on a 50 foot by 150 foot lot as do they. We park our camper in the back yard in the summer months. It is a tight fit getting in and out of our driveway. Well today for the first time in 18 years my neighbor decides to park his car in the ditch right at the alley. Seems simple enough but I'm sure his reasoning is to make it harder to get our camper in and out of the driveway. He has also put up a wooden privacy fence right at the alley way that prohibits us from being able to see when we back out. Hopefully my teenage daughters won't we rearended trying to back out of own driveway. This is the punishment that we have received for going to the town over adopting a cat ordinance. This should have been taken care of by the town years ago and we wouldn't be in this situation now.

Brookneal, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

This is why alot of people have moved out of the towns is crap like this. 30 cats in one resident 50 in another. People feeding feral cats. Well it ever stop. I had a friend who was at the meeting and he/she told me that the cats crap in this guys garding. This is not healthy. Also cats to fat and lazy to climb. Wow this sounds like neglect. Not healthy. I have personaly seen alot I meant alot of cats in Crewe. Crewe needs to look at some of the other towns. You can't personaly give each cat the attention it needs when you have the amount they say.
Advocate

Charlotte Court House, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2011

I like a nice kitty cat as well as the next person. However cats that run feral also increase the likely hood of disease in humans. If nothing else the cats should be spayed or neutered. Hoarding is indeed a disease and the people should realize that. No one has the right to endamger someone else's life. The best thing to do is call the Humane Society.
get a life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2011

Wow.....y'all really need to get a life! There are more important things to discuss then how many cats a person owns. Apparently these people really care about their animals or they wouldn't of had them fixed. Even if there is a law past about how many cats you can have...I do believe that they would fall under some kind of grandfather clause. So my advice to y'all is not to worry about cats....but to concentrate on issue that really matter.

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

First sensible and smart words spoken about them there cats. I did not hear a word or complaint about the Town Council raising the water/sewage bill to basic $80.00 right after they doubled the Christmas bonuses and gave themselfs a3% across the board raise. Hello Citizens of Crewe, keep on worrying about cats. All this hollering about stupid stuff is to keep you all in the dark and not see what really goes on.
Irving

Rocky Mount, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2011

To the people who want these cats gone, I have a suggestion that won't involve discharging any firearms. If you can catch the cats and apply a small amount of terpentine to their "anuses", they will scale that fence with no problem, and they may even get a speeding ticket leaving town. Within a matter of minutes, they will be another town's problem. The terpentine will also help with the smell,of course. Only kidding :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crewe Discussions

Search the Crewe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Nottoway Schools start before Labor Day... Why? Jul 19 FED UP 1
My New Water Meter Jul 17 incometer 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Legal Highs (Jul '13) Jul 13 donnie 11
tracy williams (reeves) (Dec '05) Jun '14 lori 59
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
Crewe Primary Teachers using and selling drugs! Apr '14 Punisher111594 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Crewe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Crewe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE