Concerned for Nottoway

Carthage, TN

#1 Apr 29, 2009
It is getting ridiculous. You look on TV and see that kids are walking onto campuses and shooting other students. Now in Nottoway explained to me by one of the parents in her words "we were dodging bullets, ducking a praying, and hoping they wouldn't get shocked." This was because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The question is what if her three year old who was sleeping in the carseat in the back would have got hit. Kids these days need more parental takeover than ever before. The law needs to step in and place a curfew for all of Nottoway County for the youth below 18. The US Govt needs to let the parents use the belt again. We need to go back to the 70's and 80's style of correction. What happened to the idea of a fight being that. If you had a problem you put up your dukes and fight. No guns and knives. Just a good ol brawl. The problem is that thought of problem solving has gone to the HIP HOP/RAP idea of killing is better. Gang activity as explained in one section of the comment section of topix isnt really what a gang is. The problem is they need to close down the problem areas like Todds, Fevers, or ban alcohol to just the home. I am not saying you shouldnt drink but to drive and drink coming from these clubs is down right stupid. The parties where kids gather together and drink should be reported to law enforcement immediately. If it had been on Saturday maybe these kids would not be walking wounded. A mother wouldnt had to worry about her little one in the backseat of her car. Maybe a good prayer for God to intervene is a great idea.
CSI

Crewe, VA

#2 Apr 30, 2009
You have to realize that you cannot legislate moral behavior. As much as you want to, it has been tried and has not worked.
Blackstone Girl

United States

#3 May 1, 2009
Respect for one's self and respect for others and their property should be taught at home at a young age and reinforced at school and at church. Unfortunately in today's society, it is not being taught in many homes or in public schools and many many children never cross the threshhold of a church. Don't offend anyone; be politically correct; etc. A sad and scary commentary on the state of the United States of America.
CSI

Crewe, VA

#4 May 1, 2009
We cannot assume that the person injured was not taught self respect. We have to realize that the world today is not like it was when we grew up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crewe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Gloucester supervisor Teresa Altemus cha... Apr 18 meh 1
Legal Highs (Jul '13) Apr 12 Lodge 16
I was born in victoria, va. (Dec '06) Apr 11 Rick101078 22
Teachers selling drugs in Crewe Primary Mar '15 bulk 8
Neighbor stealing my fire wood (Feb '11) Mar '15 bulk 13
Does anyone have stuff stolen from your property? Mar '15 bulk 2
State fish Feb '15 bulk 1
More from around the web

Crewe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE