Gym threatens to give me to a collections agency. What can I do?

Posted in the Crewe Forum

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2013
vosewecorgaraine s

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

Gym threatens to give me to a collections agency. What can I do?I started a membership with Premier Fitness in May 2008 and purchased 36 personal training sessions. They opened 2 accounts for me - one for the regular membership (account A), and one for the personal training (account B). Both accounts are bi-weekly, A is $25, B is whatever the total is for the PT sessions, divided by 26.

My trainer got fired after I used up 19 of the 36 sessions, so I stopped training with a trainer, as they were supposed to find me a good replacement. They didn't. 2 months later I got hired as a personal trainer at the gym myself, and I was told that all employees get free membership.

They kept charging my credit card for another month and a half (3 payments), and I tried many times to tell them to update their records and stop, but they didn't. So, I canceled my card. That, in theory, left another 4 months of gym membership on account A, and whatever was left on account B.

A year and a few months later I get 2 letters, one for each account, saying that I owe about $200 on account A, and $800 on account B (which claims that I also purchased some nutrition package, which I didn't). I call and from the call it seems that they want me to pay the $200, and "we can deal with the $800 later"... As far as account A goes, I was under the impression that if I'm an employee, I get a free membership, and this will stop. Account B - i signed an agreement to get training and pay for it... considering they never provided me with the service, are they entitled to the balance? I did the math, and the money I had paid to the point when I canceled my card was exactly for 22 sessions, at their hourly rate.

Now they threaten to send me to a collections agency unless I pay them... To add insult to the injury, they owe me over $400 in wages for months now, but they don't care - they say it's 2 departments, and to get my wages, I have to start another war. They also want things in writing, but they never provide anything in writing - that gym is one big mess and paperwork is almost impossible to get.

What should I do? What happens if I don't pay? What can they do to my credit (that other than this would be perfect)? I read something about "debt expiration of 2 year"... are they worried about that so they want me to pay the small one just so the timer gets reset, or am I misunderstanding that?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks!
reuwmbowertlarra iogne

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

vosewecorgaraines wrote:
Gym threatens to give me to a collections agency. What can I do?I started a membership with Premier Fitness in May 2008 and purchased 36 personal training sessions. They opened 2 accounts for me - one for the regular membership (account A), and one for the personal training (account B). Both accounts are bi-weekly, A is $25, B is whatever the total is for the PT sessions, divided by 26.

My trainer got fired after I used up 19 of the 36 sessions, so I stopped training with a trainer, as they were supposed to find me a good replacement. They didn't. 2 months later I got hired as a personal trainer at the gym myself, and I was told that all employees get free membership.

They kept charging my credit card for another month and a half (3 payments), and I tried many times to tell them to update their records and stop, but they didn't. So, I canceled my card. That, in theory, left another 4 months of gym membership on account A, and whatever was left on account B.

A year and a few months later I get 2 letters, one for each account, saying that I owe about $200 on account A, and $800 on account B (which claims that I also purchased some nutrition package, which I didn't). I call and from the call it seems that they want me to pay the $200, and "we can deal with the $800 later"... As far as account A goes, I was under the impression that if I'm an employee, I get a free membership, and this will stop. Account B - i signed an agreement to get training and pay for it... considering they never provided me with the service, are they entitled to the balance? I did the math, and the money I had paid to the point when I canceled my card was exactly for 22 sessions, at their hourly rate.

Now they threaten to send me to a collections agency unless I pay them... To add insult to the injury, they owe me over $400 in wages for months now, but they don't care - they say it's 2 departments, and to get my wages, I have to start another war. They also want things in writing, but they never provide anything in writing - that gym is one big mess and paperwork is almost impossible to get.

What should I do? What happens if I don't pay? What can they do to my credit (that other than this would be perfect)? I read something about "debt expiration of 2 year"... are they worried about that so they want me to pay the small one just so the timer gets reset, or am I misunderstanding that?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks!.
This site can help you finding the best option for you:@www.credit-solutions.info

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crewe Discussions

Search the Crewe Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nottoway Schools start before Labor Day... Why? Jul 19 FED UP 1
My New Water Meter Jul 17 incometer 1
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Jul 15 Billy Bob 2,548
Legal Highs (Jul '13) Jul 13 donnie 11
tracy williams (reeves) (Dec '05) Jun '14 lori 59
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) May '14 Nitty Gritty 1 1,356
Crewe Primary Teachers using and selling drugs! Apr '14 Punisher111594 1
•••
•••
•••
Crewe Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Crewe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••