remembering friends

Posted in the Crewe Forum

Class of 90

Richmond, VA

#1 Nov 10, 2009
When you are in school you cant wait until you recieve that diploma, walk out them high school doors and never look back, just memories of friends and times together. If your parents were like mine and said, never wish your life away cause youre gonna miss this. They were right! I have been out of school for almost 20 years, and honestly I'd almost give anything to be there again. I lost a really good friend on July 6th of this year Mark Bandy we were friends since 1st grade and it still hurts me and im sure it always will. And now within the last 2 weeks 2 more of the class of 90 have left us Wayne Rickman and Roger Hibshman. I am very sorry for the pain and heart-ache that their families are feeling. We all don't know how long we have on this earth, but I think that being angry or having a grudge wih someone is a waste of time, you only have this one life, people need to tell their family and friends that you love them, and that you are thankful for them. I wish I had done that a little sooner for my friend Mark, and I pray he already knew.
Homegirl

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jan 8, 2010
What happened to Roger? My husband used to work with him. Please let me know.
Postal

Crewe, VA

#3 Jan 8, 2010
I agree and I think that Roger was killed, correct me if I am wrong. I liked Wayne Rickman too, he was a friend to my daughter.
outsider

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jan 8, 2010
Roger Hibshman died of caner
Postal

Crewe, VA

#5 Jan 8, 2010
Thank you and I am indeed sorry, cancer has taken the lives of so many. It is even sadder to see someone who is young die of this disease.
its me

Crewe, VA

#6 Jan 8, 2010
God Bless to you all.
Postal

Crewe, VA

#7 Jan 8, 2010
There is not a day that goes by that I do not remember those that have left too soon.
OGXXL

Arlington, VA

#8 Jan 9, 2010
Class of 90 wrote:
When you are in school you cant wait until you recieve that diploma, walk out them high school doors and never look back, just memories of friends and times together. If your parents were like mine and said, never wish your life away cause youre gonna miss this. They were right! I have been out of school for almost 20 years, and honestly I'd almost give anything to be there again. I lost a really good friend on July 6th of this year Mark Bandy we were friends since 1st grade and it still hurts me and im sure it always will. And now within the last 2 weeks 2 more of the class of 90 have left us Wayne Rickman and Roger Hibshman. I am very sorry for the pain and heart-ache that their families are feeling. We all don't know how long we have on this earth, but I think that being angry or having a grudge wih someone is a waste of time, you only have this one life, people need to tell their family and friends that you love them, and that you are thankful for them. I wish I had done that a little sooner for my friend Mark, and I pray he already knew.
I was a part of the Class of 90, I had know idea that Mark had passed away. How? Thank you.
CSurvivorI

Crewe, VA

#9 Jan 9, 2010
Well you can remember your friends even more by going to a Relay For Life and lighting a candle for them.
Wanda

Fredericksburg, VA

#10 Jan 13, 2010
I went to school with Wayne Rickman and we were good friends. Although I have been away from this area for about 20 years, I still think of the friends I had back then. I am so sorry to hear about Wayne. Could someone be so kind to explain what happened? You don't have to go into detail please. Anyway, my condolences go out to his family and friends.
cmouse

Petersburg, VA

#11 Jan 13, 2010
Wanda wrote:
I went to school with Wayne Rickman and we were good friends. Although I have been away from this area for about 20 years, I still think of the friends I had back then. I am so sorry to hear about Wayne. Could someone be so kind to explain what happened? You don't have to go into detail please. Anyway, my condolences go out to his family and friends.
he had cancer for the last couple of years, and it finally got the best of him. He just couldn't fight the fight anymore.
CSurvivorI

Crewe, VA

#12 Jan 13, 2010
I also remember Trey Norton who died before Wayne did. A lot of good people have died. It is so sad when you think about it.
Wanda

Spotsylvania, VA

#13 Jan 14, 2010
cmouse wrote:
<quoted text> he had cancer for the last couple of years, and it finally got the best of him. He just couldn't fight the fight anymore.
Thank you for the info. That is truly sad. I also knew Mark Bandy and Trey Norton. My heart goes out to all their families.
CSurvivorI

Crewe, VA

#14 Jan 14, 2010
I am sure that they know that we all cared for them.
Leland

United States

#15 Feb 9, 2010
I am terribly sorry for you all that has lost loved ones... hopefully the year of 2010 will be alot better hopefully.

GOD BLESS
class of 90

United States

#16 Mar 1, 2010
OGXXL wrote:
<quoted text> I was a part of the Class of 90, I had know idea that Mark had passed away. How? Thank you.
mark passed away with a form of lou gherigs disease he had seziures for about 13 years that got worse and was confined to a wheelchair of the last 5 years of his life. he also had a deteriating spinal column and brain mark was fighter to the end. at least now he is in a better place but we all still miss him.
CREWED UP

United States

#17 Mar 4, 2010
MISSING CALVIN ARCHER, TERRY INGE, TIMMY B. LONG, KENNY CASE, DOUG CRAFTON, WAYNE RICKMAN AND BEANIE ROCKWELL. YOU ARE MISSED AND WERE TRUE FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
Anonymous

Charlottesville, VA

#18 Apr 27, 2010
Wanda wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the info. That is truly sad. I also knew Mark Bandy and Trey Norton. My heart goes out to all their families.
trey was my brother-in law. he left behind a wife(kelly my sister) whom loved him more than words could even begin to say. his little boy matt is a blessing from GOD, a wonderful child that is the spitting image of trey. trey suffured a lot during his last few months here but would hardly ever show it.trey touched peoples lives in more ways than any one could ever imagine. we the family miss him greatly but we know he is truly standing with the LORD today

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crewe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Animal Control in Nottoway County (Nov '07) Dec 14 chargar1 7
Should Crewe Have a Grocery Store? Dec 10 bulk 3
Legal Highs (Jul '13) Dec 10 bulk 15
Farmer's Food coming to Burkeville? Dec 10 bulk 1
The Hills are slum lords (Sep '11) Dec 5 bulk 2
whats going on (Apr '14) Dec 5 bulk 2
Nottoway Schools start before Labor Day... Why? Dec 5 bulk 2
Crewe Dating
Find my Match

Crewe People Search