Gretchen

Owenton, KY

#1 Mar 14, 2013
Does anyone know what is going on at Dr. Ebbs office? After searching for so many years I've finally found the best I've ever had! I called the other day to make an appointment with her, and her rude staff tells me that she is no longer the doctor there and they will no longer be seeing patients. So what does that mean for all her patients? Any ideas on where she is? I really don't want to look for a new doctor!!
Hippa

Owenton, KY

#2 Mar 15, 2013
Doesn't sound professional. They can't abandon their patients legally. I know that must be frustrating. Sorry. Ask to speak to the office manager when you go. Tell them how you feel about the staff.
vicki kelly

Louisville, KY

#3 Mar 15, 2013
Gretchen,I also go to her,and I called there today to get in and they said that,yesterday was her last day.She is going into a private practice.So I asked them what am I suppose to do and they said go to urgent care or get another Dr.Are you serious?It would have been real nice for them to send out letters to her paticens and let them know this in advance.So like you I will be looking for a new Dr..So not right.
Sad

Owenton, KY

#4 Mar 17, 2013
It's truley devastating when you lose a family doctor who has been treating you for so many years. I feel like she is my life-line! I've never met a better doctor than her. She is so caring & compassionate. I too am waiting to receive a letter from Dr. Ebbs. Hopefully she will inform me as to where she is going!!! I'm at a loss. Her staff treated me as if I was annoying. Receptionist certainly wasn't very helpful in directing me. I am just heart broken without my doctor. Dr. Ebbs is irreplaceable.
Just great

Duluth, GA

#5 Mar 17, 2013
I planned to call in the morning to schedule my yearly exam :( been going for years. This is the first I have heard of it. I had a billing issue, just called Tuesday. Nothing was said! Geeze. Hopefully we will all receive a letter. I will let you know what they tell me.
Just Great

Waddy, KY

#6 Mar 18, 2013
Called this morning, the receptionist was very nice. She said Ebbs was not taking appointments at this time. She is leaving Nortons for her private practice. Said Nortons has mailed out letter last week, saying you can stay with Ebbs, or they have a list of other doctors. So maybe she had a "falling" out with Nortons?????? Who knows...I may just try to find me another doctor.
other great doctors

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 19, 2013
Their are alot of other great Doctors in La Grange, who will be happy to see you. And have a great staff.
Giggy

Shawnee, KS

#8 Mar 22, 2013
I received the letter, but no real explanation. I recently left Dr. Ebbs, only because of the staff. If she goes in to private practice I will definitely think about going back to her, if my insurance will cover.
Just great

Duluth, GA

#9 Mar 24, 2013
I never got the letter. Called a new doctor. Have an appointment 1st week of April.
Elaine

Louisville, KY

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Gretchen wrote:
Does anyone know what is going on at Dr. Ebbs office? After searching for so many years I've finally found the best I've ever had! I called the other day to make an appointment with her, and her rude staff tells me that she is no longer the doctor there and they will no longer be seeing patients. So what does that mean for all her patients? Any ideas on where she is? I really don't want to look for a new doctor!!
You need to call and ask for a referral form, or go by the office and pick one up, & sign for your records to remain with Dr. Ebbs. She is looking for a new office group after being screwed over by Norton's. She was to get out of her contract in June, when they up abandoned her & trying to take all her clients. Please call & request to stay with her, & get you records! She has an ad in the Oldham Era saying you can still get you meds & keep up with her on facebook. She has NOT abandoned her patients, Norton's abandoned her!
Elaine

Louisville, KY

#11 Apr 3, 2013
I received NO letter. I was just there last month for check-up. Dr. Ebbs mentioned she was going back to pvt practice as soon as her contract was up with Norton's. June I believe. Next thing I know, Dr. Ebbs ad in the paper about Norton's dropping her & leaving her patients in the dark. I have been with Dr. Ebbs for years, & never had a problem until Norton's took over . Staff rude & unhelpful. Long waiting time. Never same people in ofc. Request to stay with Dr. Ebbs & get a person records release form at her (former I guess) office. I don't want another dr.
Bill

Louisville, KY

#12 Apr 19, 2013
I second the previous comments...been trying to find out something about where her new practice is/will be located, but no luck.

If anyone had knows, please post.

Thanks
jesus freak

Lexington, KY

#13 Apr 27, 2013
Contact her on facebook she will give you her cell number so you can discuss with her personally. Further more Nortons will not send a letter on how to contact her They dont want to lose her patients. Her Patients are the only reason they are still in LaGrange. So look her up on facebook Marcia Ebbs.
Alyssa

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Jan 2, 2014
She is over at the urgent care building across the street from where she was before. Urgent care center Lagrange ky

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crestwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
voodoo (Sep '12) 6 min plooptydoop 10
what are the areas to avoid? 48 min Actual Human 20
Debate: Gay Marriage - La Grange, KY (Nov '10) 1 hr Winner 22
Best bars in Louisville(not 4th St) (Oct '13) 5 hr Rebel 7
Louisville residents, spend our money in Indiana 5 hr Conservative 1
scotty s 8 hr janette 5
Smoking Ban Wrong (Jun '07) 9 hr Encyclopedia Brit... 48
More from around the web

Crestwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE