Huge Pot Hole @ Urban Active

Huge Pot Hole @ Urban Active

Posted in the Crestwood Forum

Mary

United States

#1 Aug 4, 2012
Has anyone else noticed or hit the pot hole at the entrance to Urban Active on Taylorsville Rd? I hit it this evening ( not realizing it was so deep) and it immediately blew out my tire. The hole is about 6-8 inches deep and it practically bottomed out my car. It was getting dark and I was talking to my mom and by the time I saw it, it was too late. A few people from the gym came up to me afterwards & said the PotHole had been there since atleast June and many people have hit it including them!! I am very angry that nothing has been done by now... Would have caused me a lot less head ache... Not to mention... Money$$ that I don't have for a new tire. I was hoping to find others who have received car damages from this same spot... Definitely don't feel I should be responsible for the bill. The hole is right where you should be driving if you are on your side of the road. Thanks in advance for your input...
In the know

Henderson, KY

#2 Aug 5, 2012
Hadn't noticed. You should probably stay off the phone while driving.
Mary

United States

#3 Aug 5, 2012
In the know wrote:
Hadn't noticed. You should probably stay off the phone while driving.
I wasn't on the phone. My mom was in the car with me.
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#4 Aug 5, 2012
It seems like pot holes are always where you want to drive.
MJC

Bethesda, MD

#5 Aug 6, 2012
Unfortunatly the pothole is on a strip that is city property. It has been reported numerous times and we have been unable to get it taken care of. I definitely feel bad regarding your car as I know you are not the first this has happen to. Please attempt to contact the city of Jeffersontown and request they do something as well. Multiple people asking can not hurt.
Mary

United States

#7 Aug 6, 2012
MJC wrote:
Unfortunatly the pothole is on a strip that is city property. It has been reported numerous times and we have been unable to get it taken care of. I definitely feel bad regarding your car as I know you are not the first this has happen to. Please attempt to contact the city of Jeffersontown and request they do something as well. Multiple people asking can not hurt.

I really appreciate your reply. I have already called Target, Urban Active, and Central Bank and all have claimed they were not responsible for that part of the road. I also called Public Works and they say it is not city either. So, no
one is claiming to be at fault. Are you sure that it is the city? I spoke with Target this morning and
the manager there (very nice) said that even
though it wasn't Targets property he was making
calls to have it filled in. They do not want their
customers hitting it. I hope this happens for the
sake of other cars. Still would like to know
who is ultimately responsible bc apparently it has been this way for several months. The Hole is
28*28 and is 6-8 inches deep. It doesn't appear to be deep until your tire blows out!! Thanks for your help. Hopefully it's taken care of this week.
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#8 Aug 6, 2012
Call the TV trouble shooter. Show them your tire and the hole that blew it out. They like stories like that.
Linds

United States

#10 Aug 8, 2012
When I drove thru there on Monday there was a large orange cone covering the hole. In fact the base of the cone fit nicely in that huge pot hole. I wonder who is responsible for this particular stretch? It's right in between Target & Urban Active. Anybody have any idea?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crestwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ormsby Village (Jan '09) 1 hr Stephen Herr 72
tranny roxanne 2 hr want 2
News Muhammad Ali's hometown of Louisville remembers... 3 hr Joey 79
News Louisville looking to collect nearly $9M in unp... 4 hr Watchtower 2
Illegal Drugs 6 hr Big M 28
Does Anyone Know Starr Richardson? What's Up Wi... 8 hr Brenda 7
News Rawlings Group sued over OT (Oct '08) 8 hr JoJo little bird 35

Crestwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance