Ky. church wants pastor gone after wife's column

There are 20 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Jul 10, 2013, titled Ky. church wants pastor gone after wife's column. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

A newspaper column lampooning Southern Baptists, calling the group "the crazy old paranoid uncle of evangelical Christians," is causing quite a stir in a Kentucky city and put a pastor's job in jeopardy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Dont tell me my dress is black”

Since: Nov 09

Pig, KY

#1 Jul 10, 2013
This has made somewhat national news.

http://news.yahoo.com/ky-church-wants-pastor-...
Mallard

Landrum, SC

#2 Jul 10, 2013
Who cares? If he agrees with his wife - and apparently that's the case - he can go become an Episcopalian, or get ordained by the PCUSA.
The unbelievers have their own churches.
FishRoy

United States

#3 Jul 10, 2013
Two Fk'in idiot's having a gay church service
on topix? So ape did ya' give retard mallard
A reach around?
The Anit-Mallard

Cloverport, KY

#4 Jul 10, 2013
This is what the Bible says God hates. Some would have you believe otherwise, but I think they missed the last line of this Bible verse... check it out.

Proverbs 6:16-20
New International Version (NIV)

16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

“Dont tell me my dress is black”

Since: Nov 09

Pig, KY

#5 Jul 10, 2013
Mallard wrote:
Who cares? If he agrees with his wife - and apparently that's the case - he can go become an Episcopalian, or get ordained by the PCUSA.
The unbelievers have their own churches.
Unitarian would probably be his better fit.
Mallard

Landrum, SC

#6 Jul 10, 2013
The Anit-Mallard wrote:
This is what the Bible says God hates. Some would have you believe otherwise, but I think they missed the last line of this Bible verse... check it out.
Proverbs 6:16-20
New International Version (NIV)
16 There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
17 haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
18 a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19 a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.
I looked up that last verse in the King James Version
Proverbs 6:19 "A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren"

"Discord among brethren"
Yeah, I see it. That pastor and wife certainly need to go.

Thanks.

“Dont tell me my dress is black”

Since: Nov 09

Pig, KY

#7 Jul 10, 2013
Mallard wrote:
<quoted text>I looked up that last verse in the King James Version
Proverbs 6:19 "A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren"
"Discord among brethren"
Yeah, I see it. That pastor and wife certainly need to go.
Thanks.
I think you'd be surprised how many pastors are actually atheist.
come on now

Romeoville, IL

#9 Jul 10, 2013
funny thing here.... If someone tried to keep the minister from saying his beliefs... This church, its members and most likely many other churches would be up in arms, claiming freedom of religion and freedom of speech. Now when the church wife, and minister, state their personal beliefs, not speaking for the church, just them selves... the church doesn't seem all that concerned regarding freedom of speech... Hypocaracy thy name is evangelical christians
Mallard

Landrum, SC

#10 Jul 10, 2013
Ape Linkon wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you'd be surprised how many pastors are actually atheist.
No, you misjudge me. I would not.
I was surprised once to learn how many Roman Catholic priests quietly believe in Protestant teachings. Surprisingly, very few of them believe in transubstantiation - the claim that they have the magical powers to turn wafer cookies into Jesus. Upon learning this, surprising me became more difficult.

But WHAT really makes peoples' worlds go round?(Tell the truth.)

Holding a contrary belief system, but doing so quietly to keep that paycheck coming, is not a novelty. This article is a very good example of that.

Upon being questioned, this associate pastor admitted to the church board that he agreed with what his wife wrote. In so doing, he admitted to being disingenuous with them about what he believed.
Isn't that the issue here?
Mallard

Landrum, SC

#11 Jul 10, 2013
come on now wrote:
funny thing here.... If someone tried to keep the minister from saying his beliefs... This church, its members and most likely many other churches would be up in arms, claiming freedom of religion and freedom of speech. Now when the church wife, and minister, state their personal beliefs, not speaking for the church, just them selves... the church doesn't seem all that concerned regarding freedom of speech... Hypocaracy thy name is evangelical christians
A pastor cannot believe one thing on the pulpit, and another at home.

What he believes at home, where no paycheck is involved, is what he believes. Yes there is a hypocrite involved. This church is removing him.

Don't feel badly for him. He'll probably get a book contract now. And he can draw speaking fees at fagaganda rallies all over the country. The left will celebrate his hypocrisy.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#12 Jul 10, 2013
Mallard wrote:
Who cares? If he agrees with his wife - and apparently that's the case - he can go become an Episcopalian, or get ordained by the PCUSA.
The unbelievers have their own churches.
Are you serious??? "Unbelievers",,,you say.
Please explain your position.
Politically incorrect

United States

#13 Jul 10, 2013
What you're witnessing these days is the falling away from the church, just another event scheduled to happen during end times. It wont come fast, subtle and slowly. Those that choose blindness wont even realize it.
Mallard

Landrum, SC

#14 Jul 10, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious??? "Unbelievers",,,you say.
Please explain your position.
Yes.
The scriptures (both OT & NT) testify of Jesus Christ.
Those who do not believe them are unbelievers.
Yes, unbelievers have their own church denominations now.
come on now

Romeoville, IL

#15 Jul 10, 2013
Mallard wrote:
<quoted text>A pastor cannot believe one thing on the pulpit, and another at home.
What he believes at home, where no paycheck is involved, is what he believes. Yes there is a hypocrite involved. This church is removing him.
Don't feel badly for him. He'll probably get a book contract now. And he can draw speaking fees at fagaganda rallies all over the country. The left will celebrate his hypocrisy.
Not at all... ask any policeman if he believes all the laws they enforce. Same thing with a minister. He can have personal beliefs on civil issues which do not coincide with this theological view point. He did nto say homosexuality is right... he said they should not desciminate agianst the child. That goes right with the love the sinner, not the sin mantra of the church.

He is not the one showing hypocracy... it is the church.
Pinche Raton

United States

#17 Jul 10, 2013
Politically incorrect wrote:
What you're witnessing these days is the falling away from the church, just another event scheduled to happen during end times. It wont come fast, subtle and slowly. Those that choose blindness wont even realize it.
Ultimately the so called falling away was a mere
Excuse for the future.
They knew sooner or later people would quit
buying what they were selling.
Long running yes but just another out of date
Way of believing.
Nostradamus

Madisonville, KY

#18 Jul 10, 2013
Says the end times are near. Take head these warnings for future trials and tribulations for they are to come.
Mallard

Landrum, SC

#19 Jul 10, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all... ask any policeman if he believes all the laws they enforce. Same thing with a minister. He can have personal beliefs on civil issues which do not coincide with this theological view point. He did nto say homosexuality is right... he said they should not desciminate agianst the child. That goes right with the love the sinner, not the sin mantra of the church.
He is not the one showing hypocracy... it is the church.
No, that might read like nice, majestic spin to you but that is NOT what his wife wrote - which he told the church board he agreed with.

Please catch up on your reading before commenting further.
I request all other posters show benevolance, and not excorciate "come on now" at this time.
spartan

Louisville, KY

#20 Jul 10, 2013
Mallard wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
The scriptures (both OT & NT) testify of Jesus Christ.
Those who do not believe them are unbelievers.
Yes, unbelievers have their own church denominations now.
My question is,"do you classify someone who neither supports the idea of a Santa Clause,nor the Boy Scouts in their support of homosexuality,,,as a non-believer"???
Mallard

Landrum, SC

#21 Jul 10, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>My question is,"do you classify someone who neither supports the idea of a Santa Clause,nor the Boy Scouts in their support of homosexuality,,,as a non-believer"???
No, we are talking about believing the God-inspired scriptures, and believing in God's Son Jesus Christ.

Now I have given a clear, intelligent answer to an idiotic question. You could reciprocate by trying to bring your discourse up a level or two (or three).
anyway

Madisonville, KY

#22 Jul 10, 2013
she did have some really harsh words, I didn't know it was that harsh,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crestwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best schooling for moms 44 min hwy480 2
James Doolin (Dec '13) 1 hr Bout it 5
News Kentucky state Rep. John Arnold accused of sexu... (Aug '13) 2 hr Embarrassment 5
Rick at Evans junk yard 2 hr meme 1
Ricky Ovington (Nov '13) 3 hr DALLEN 8
Louisville, A Violent City 4 hr gidget 5
pouring hot sauce down childs throat (Aug '14) 5 hr jamie moore 9
More from around the web

Crestwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]