Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

Judged:

There are problems at any half way house. While each house may be run differently, they all must be run according to the DOC guidelines. All houses are inspected by the jail inspector and must meet required standards. The DOC makes scheduled and surpirse visits to each facility. All violations are noted and dealt with. I suspect that some parolees or inmates are not telling their families that "whole" story and are trying to get symapthy from family members. The parole board decides which men are sent for drug/alcohol treatment before they can finally be released to the community. these men need to concentrate on their recovery and themselves. If they take this seriously, maybe they can stay out of prison and not add to the "revolving door" that so many are familiar with.
hiswife797

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2013

I think that "representatives" of the DOC, or this half way house, should stop with the act and realize that they can actually be a problem. I have visited this place every weekend since my husband went there. No one has to inform me of what I see with my own 2 eyes. Of all the times I've gone there, they've NEVER checked my bags or searched me for contraband. I saw a man come around and "discretely" ask if anyone wanted to buy a pack of cigarettes for $15. My husband chuckled and said no. Then that same week my husband, who DOES NOT SMOKE, goes to the restroom and gets wrote up bc they smelled cigarette smoke in there and he was the last one who walked out. I don't care if he WAS a smoker and he WAS in there smoking, how can the facility be selling cigarettes to them and then punish them for smoking them? He has been outside ONCE in the last month. It's a set up! He has one more chance and he gets kicked out. I was hesitant to believe what he told me (even tho it matches this forum to a T) until I realized that anyone can be bringing in contraband and that they're setting them up for failure when I saw this man selling cigarettes to them! I asked my husband who that man was and he said the man who owns the vending machines. huh. interesting, considering they also tell you that anything NOT purchased from the machine is contraband. Another way to make money!$15 for a pack of cigarettes just to get some write ups?! Look at the completion stats! what is it, like 12 out of over 300??? If you guys can't see there's a problem them it's an obvious scheme. I'm not the one. As soon as I figure out a way to handle this effectively and anonymously to protect my husband, I will. mark my words.
Sunshine

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

My son is there now. It hasn't changed any, spray for bedbugs every Friday, food really bad,want everyone to write each other up,very disrespectful, and the SAP program, which should really be important is a disgrace. There are more drugs in there than on the street,the people are treated really bad no matter how hard you try to do the right thing. He said he'd rather be in jail. Hope he makes it he's trying so hard.
Sunshine

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

The vending machine man is still selling cigs. now there $20. a pack. Barbara's husband. It is a rough bunch in there but not all of them are causing trouble but everyone is getting punished. It sure isn't run the way the DOC wants it to be. So sad all that money waisted and the men aren't getting the help they need, just get out and start the whole thing over again. Someone needs to fix it or there is no hope for them.
Sunshine

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

These people are telling the truth, there are people in there that are really interested in getting better, but the SAP program is a joke and a waste of good money. It is not the program itself it's the ones teaching it. The men who help you when you visit have better manners and more respect for you then the staff. They are rude and treat the men there like they inmates in a jail. That's not what a halfway house is suppose to be. They are not allowed outside, bedbugs, yelled at all the time, when the DOC is around they are not allowed to talk to them. It's a waist of money. If the program was run correctly and the men treated better there would be no "revolving doors" Who makes the money off these revolving door people CTS RUSSELL, so why should they care if anyone passes the program or not. DOC is failing when it comes to checking up on this place FOR SURE. They are not inmates and not really parolees, they never see daylight. Some are taking it seriously shame the DOC doesn't...
Sunshine

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

There are comments on here that go back to 2010, does the DOC think all these men are trying to get people to feel sorry for them, surely some of these people have graduated the program. This is a total mess. Why can't the DOC fix it? Someone should be able to do something. PLEASE for these men and their families. To many complaints for some of this not to be true. Someone check it out. When I worked at a factory, and a grocery store when the big bosses or health inspector was coming on their SURPRISE visit we always knew ahead of time. Why can't the DOC ask some of the men who are there about conditions. These are men who are trying to improve themselves to go home to their families not convicts, talk to them.
Need Help

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Judged:

My friend has been in CTS RUSSELL for three months. They were in orientation when they got there, which was suppose to last for a few weeks but someone did something wrong and they wouldn't promote any of them to Freshman, he did what he was suppose to do and didn't sign up for the buddy system. If doing the right thing isn't rewarded why do it, Everyone should not be treated the same. They should be sophmores by now, but still Freshmen so how is this going to be a 6 month program, just throw junior and senior in at the end? I'm agreeing with everyone else something isn't being run correctly. You can't hold some men back because some others got in a fight or were saying racial remarks that is not fair to the others who are trying. Everyone should not be punished because someone doesn't care if they complete the SAP program or not. Punish them and maybe when they see you are treated better for trying they will. Some even got their tv's taken away because a couple of people got in trouble, that's not right these are adult men not kids, the men who didn't do anything should have because not doing it didn't matter they still lost their tv's.. Something needs to be done about this place soon.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2013

Everyone is preaching to the choir! Might as well stop wasting your time because the DOC doesn't give a damn about that place and only thing they could do is stop sending inmates there because CTS isn't a DOC facility, it's been a privately ran, FOR PROFIT facility until very very recently. They don't have to play by the same rules. Only thing that matters to the prison system is that they get ppl out of their specific facilities, after that noone cares. I guess the 1 thing that has changed recently that could possibly work in everyones favor is the fact CTS just signed a contract with the federal government to house inmates so they're accepting govt $ and will be required to follow certain guidelines. After that program is put in place if things don't change then try some complaining to see what happens. There is screwed up shit taking place in every inmate facility in this country, it's horrible, there's no rehabilitation, only $ changing hands, red tape and ppl shuffling problems around and pointing fingers. I implore anyone in the system and family/friends of ppl in the system to tell their friends and loved ones to suck it up, play the game with them, keep tight lips, be accountable for yourself and get out of these places as quickly as possible. There are many worse legal/prison systems in the world compared to the bs you gotta put up with here, these are minor issues compared to some places so screw em and don't get locked up again. The crazy shit taking place here should be enough to pursuade anyone to to stay out for good. As for the comment above me about everyone being punished for actions of a few; Thats the standard set up for every single boot camp style setup in our penal system and the basis for our entire military. The goal is to learn to be responsible for your peers and hold everyone accountable. Generally it works to instill self esteem, assertiveness and encourage teamwork. It sucks most definitely but tell that to every soldier in every branch of our military.
Need Help

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

CTS is not the military and I believe when you are enrolled you sign a paper that you will be moved up on how you perform yourself, not as a group. Is a profit facility selling smokes to people who aren't suppose to have them? That's the reason the country is in the shape it is because everyone plays the game and doesn't say anything. The SAP program is suppose to help these men, why even put them through it and waste the money if no one cares. Let them back on the street. I guess the worse problem is smoking. They are going to do it so why not set a certain area and time and let them smoke instead of them sneaking around and hiding it. I don't smoke but I know how hard it is for some people to stop. I know my friend will make it but it is so sad for the others, they have family and children who will end up like their parents. So much money just waisted.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Need Help wrote:
CTS is not the military and I believe when you are enrolled you sign a paper that you will be moved up on how you perform yourself, not as a group. Is a profit facility selling smokes to people who aren't suppose to have them? That's the reason the country is in the shape it is because everyone plays the game and doesn't say anything. The SAP program is suppose to help these men, why even put them through it and waste the money if no one cares. Let them back on the street. I guess the worse problem is smoking. They are going to do it so why not set a certain area and time and let them smoke instead of them sneaking around and hiding it. I don't smoke but I know how hard it is for some people to stop. I know my friend will make it but it is so sad for the others, they have family and children who will end up like their parents. So much money just waisted.
I didn't say it was the military. Thats just the kind of program they are trying to emmulate like many other prison and penal programs in this country. Theyre all fucked up, I was in the system, I kept my head down, nose clean and focused on what I needed to do to get the fuck out of that place so when I hear some of these stories I tend to think it's a bunch of jail house mentality inmates telling stories to friends and relatives trying to make it seem worse than what it is. It's possible to be accountable for yourself and those around you and encourage good behavior so ALL of you can succeed. I did it, they can too. And again theres crooked shit taking place in every facility in this country & thousands of smokers across the country who got picked up for a charge and cant smoke where theyre at so it's just part of it. And technically the majority of these guys are in the final leg of their sentences and should be coming from smoke free facilities as is so they should have already kicked the physical symptoms at least since those only last 3 days. I smoked for 15 years, I had to put up with it, I managed, they can too. PEACE!!
need help

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Peace to you too, really glad you made it and got out.
Voice of reason

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Please contact the department of corrections with your complaints or comments. They will answer you. I am guessing that the guys that are in the halfway house are mad that the parole board made them get treatment before they got back on the street. Families should be happy that they go to treatment. I've been there and you get out of it what you put into it. Most of the guys just want to tear up crap and get over on staff. It's bad because a lot of the guys there should not have even been released out. It's too bad that those of us that want help get punished because of all the bs that guys do that don't give a crap and want to get out so they can get high and be crappy to their families again. If they cared about their families they would try to get off the drugs.
Harley girl

Taylorsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

A friend of mine was sent there recently. I have googled the phone numbers and address, but unable to locate any type rule book. Can someone give me the down and dirty five-minute version of how I can contact them?...I have heard, they have to be there thirty days before we can see or talk to them. Is that true? Can we call there, or can only he call out?
Anonymous

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

My uncle was just sent there today and I am so worried for him. He needs a good place to recover and rehabilitate himself. I want to send him a package, but just as others, I have been unable to locate any type of contraband list. I hope he will at least receive some of my items.

This is sad.
Big Bud loves bed bugs

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

I think kierra is a hot little gal, bed bugs ate my ass up while I was there, concentration camp?? Maybe but iv seen worse
julia

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

will I had a love one that was there he would call home and tell me what was going on I told him to hang in there and try to finish it but after reading and looking up where he was I couldn't believe it I wanted to get him out of there. so please. if anyone has loves one there you need to get them out or report them u loves well never get the help they need. please if they what to better there lives thats not the place for them. please some one needs to do something about this. God help this place and the people that there. god does not like is children's to be hurt. god is a caring god.
concerned family member

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

If all the things everyone says is going on here, why has it not been reported? Lets all ban together and call the DOC and health dept. every day. I know this is not a vacation spot, but all the comments about bed bugs, this appears to be an ongoing problem that really need attention.
Realistic

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

For all you whinners and complainers. Here is some reality. These individuals were/are incarcerated and if they did not do what they did to earn their spot in prison or the half way house, they would not be there. I think that prisoners have it way better than hard working individuals in the community. A SAP program is structured to help individuals who want the help. The ones who go and are sleeping all day laying on their asses doing nothing and using drugs, are just going to do one thing. Go back to prison. I hear all this whinning about how hard it is for the individuals in prison or this half way house, but I would encourage the DOC to go back to chain gangs and stop allowing TV's, Play Stations Etc. in their facilities. It is because of enabling families that do not see the reality of incarceration that these individuals are where they are. There are more individuals in prison and these facilities that are doing nothing but trying to figure out how to keep playing the game and not get caught instead of doing what they need to do to stay out. Inmates and Parolees are like 4 year olds, they do not like to hear the word NO! and think they are the center of the universe.
CHURCH

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

I strongly believe in this entire statement. Quit your bitch'n, do your time, and pray you have learned something somewhere along the way that can redirect you onto a new road. This place does not recruit and no one is drafted to come here. At the end of the day your getting 3 meals, free cable, a place to lay your heads, and people there 24/7 to listen to your every dying need. <<<<AT THE TAXPAYERS EXSPENSE. This whole forum has been over exaggerated. People get your head out of your anus and smell the starbucks. YOU DON'T GO TO MARRIOTT AFTER PRISON. Quit insulting this place and its employee's. Whether your sent to CTS or another facility, I guarantee it still won't be a 5 star hotel. All the energy wasted on this forum should have been used to preach to the "loved ones" who are constantly getting locked up and wasting our tax dollars. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE. Back off this lady, she's not the one that committed the crimes.
Realistic wrote:
For all you whinners and complainers. Here is some reality. These individuals were/are incarcerated and if they did not do what they did to earn their spot in prison or the half way house, they would not be there. I think that prisoners have it way better than hard working individuals in the community. A SAP program is structured to help individuals who want the help. The ones who go and are sleeping all day laying on their asses doing nothing and using drugs, are just going to do one thing. Go back to prison. I hear all this whinning about how hard it is for the individuals in prison or this half way house, but I would encourage the DOC to go back to chain gangs and stop allowing TV's, Play Stations Etc. in their facilities. It is because of enabling families that do not see the reality of incarceration that these individuals are where they are. There are more individuals in prison and these facilities that are doing nothing but trying to figure out how to keep playing the game and not get caught instead of doing what they need to do to stay out. Inmates and Parolees are like 4 year olds, they do not like to hear the word NO! and think they are the center of the universe.
REalistic

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Judged:

Need Help wrote:
My friend has been in CTS RUSSELL for three months. They were in orientation when they got there, which was suppose to last for a few weeks but someone did something wrong and they wouldn't promote any of them to Freshman, he did what he was suppose to do and didn't sign up for the buddy system. If doing the right thing isn't rewarded why do it, Everyone should not be treated the same. They should be sophmores by now, but still Freshmen so how is this going to be a 6 month program, just throw junior and senior in at the end? I'm agreeing with everyone else something isn't being run correctly. You can't hold some men back because some others got in a fight or were saying racial remarks that is not fair to the others who are trying. Everyone should not be punished because someone doesn't care if they complete the SAP program or not. Punish them and maybe when they see you are treated better for trying they will. Some even got their tv's taken away because a couple of people got in trouble, that's not right these are adult men not kids, the men who didn't do anything should have because not doing it didn't matter they still lost their tv's.. Something needs to be done about this place soon.
They are Childish men who act like children. Yes they should all be punished for the actions of one, because if they were all there doing what normal society does, they would do the right thing, but I guess that they are there because they could not find the right thing to do in life from a soggy paper bag. With the program that is set up to teach acountability, something these individuals know nothing about, it is peer ran and yes they should write each other up as to hold each other accountable. If there are drugs in the car and no one takes responsibility, the whole car goes down for it and this is how it should be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Crestwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Crestwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••