Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,789

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87778 Mar 24, 2013
lol..."good morning".... good evening AB

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87779 Mar 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
a 3 pound can of coffee now just lists the ounces and is not even quite 2 pounds. Two things I have never had in my lifetime and see no reason to start now... Yogurt and Starbucks.
I remember when people went to the gas station and got 5 gallons of gas and paid $1.60 total, but that was when you could get a Coca Cola for 5 cents and a good week's pay was about $50.... It is all relative.
I am on fixed income, so any price increase(outright or through a company's attempted deception)of decreasing size without a proportional decrease in cost, or increasing price as well as a decrease in quantity, has a direct effect on my purchasing power. My social security payments have to be stretched further to accommodate these price changes, or I have to go without.

When I was working and my services were needed because of high demand and few professionals in my specialty field, I could charge enough to make costs relative to income. Unfortunately, I became ill and unable to continue working. Social security covers only the most basic of needs. I am thankful that both hubby and I had contributed to retirement plans, which enable us to have a fairly good quality of life. We do pay in to the Federal and State governments because we opted to get ahead by working hard, saving when we could, and spending only what we could afford. Our prudent lifestyle helps pay for those who cannot afford to pay in anything to the government. Believe me when I say that I miss working in my profession, for the enjoyment and intrinsic rewards of working, not to mention the higher financial remuneration. But, that's life I guess, so we roll with the flow. Above all, I am thankful that I wake up each morning to enjoy the gifts our Creator has provided
Wow

Sweden

#87780 Mar 24, 2013
It's all a 188.126.79.105
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#87781 Mar 24, 2013
well..... angel (am staff) finally had enough of mee(my cat...because all she ever says is "meeee").

ever since we allowed angel to become an inside dog, all mee does is hiss and swat and growl and sit directly across from her and glare (seriously if you seen this you would be thinking any minute angel would just burst into flames)

angel has proved to the rest she means no harm and has even begun to romp around a little with my husbands cat.

today the situation finally came to a head while they were in passing to the community water dish and mee decided against her better judgement to turn around at the last minute and hook angel on her left shoulder.

i see mee then disappear almost completely in angels chops and im thinking oh god she's done for... there is no way i can get to them in time. i really thought she was going to shake her and snap her neck but instead she threw her head up tossing mee end over end thru the air. she landed on all fours in the middle of the coffee table.

sigh.... heart beat returning to normal finally.

i wonder how this will change the dynamic of their relationship..... time will tell i guess but first i gotta wait for mee to come out from behind the dryer.

probably should have dug her out and locked her in the time out bathroom for a few minutes like i do when they all gang up on the poodle and stuck angel out in the rain or in her crate....

but instead i filled the dryer and slammed the door extra hard which resulted in a loud scuffling and accompanying panicked sounding "meee!" from behind.

figure she will come out and either keep her distance or with a vendetta. you never know with her.... i once watched her purr and "mee" very cordially till hubby's cat was sitting directly under her meowing in return (and really he should have seen this next one coming because she hasn't been even remotely nice to him in the past seven years) she yanked one of my avon perfume figurines right off the shelf and onto his dome.
Whatever

United States

#87782 Mar 24, 2013
Just means some birds die i dont eat birds or even like them bring on the beef when a couple hundred cows die let me know lol

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87783 Mar 24, 2013
Wow! That's some wind!
Iseeyou

Tokyo, Japan

#87784 Mar 24, 2013
Don't look up
Lol

New York, NY

#87785 Mar 24, 2013
Funny

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87786 Mar 24, 2013
Already did. Lots of SKY up there.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87789 Mar 24, 2013
Indeed.
:)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87790 Mar 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I am on fixed income, so any price increase(outright or through a company's attempted deception)of decreasing size without a proportional decrease in cost, or increasing price as well as a decrease in quantity, has a direct effect on my purchasing power. My social security payments have to be stretched further to accommodate these price changes, or I have to go without.
When I was working and my services were needed because of high demand and few professionals in my specialty field, I could charge enough to make costs relative to income. Unfortunately, I became ill and unable to continue working. Social security covers only the most basic of needs. I am thankful that both hubby and I had contributed to retirement plans, which enable us to have a fairly good quality of life. We do pay in to the Federal and State governments because we opted to get ahead by working hard, saving when we could, and spending only what we could afford. Our prudent lifestyle helps pay for those who cannot afford to pay in anything to the government. Believe me when I say that I miss working in my profession, for the enjoyment and intrinsic rewards of working, not to mention the higher financial remuneration. But, that's life I guess, so we roll with the flow. Above all, I am thankful that I wake up each morning to enjoy the gifts our Creator has provided
I agree with you and am on a fixed income too and even dropped over a $100,000 on health issues. But I am still here and still blessed by the Creator's gifts. When I said it was relative.. I meant that what you have in material wealth then someone wants it and will do everything possible to get it, but what you don't have they can't get. Sure we complain about the higher prices and the lower quanities, but we keep right on buying the stuff.

Location hidden

#87791 Mar 24, 2013
Well, my fine feathered friends, it looks like a SHTF scenario is about to unfold.@ Abeliever: Please review the recent articles about the Louisiana sinkhole, which has been kept under wraps by mainstream media, possibly to avoid panic.
The sinkhole is growing exponentially now and has swallowed up 3 more acres in less than a week, and one acre in one day. It is now 12 plus acres. More than 20 acres beyond this are sinking, and there will be more evacuations needed. This has been accompanied by a sharp uptick in seismic activity, and scientists are now worried about disruption of the New Madrid Fault line. A panel of 13 scientists (unlucky number) are trying to figure out what is going on, and there seems no way to stop it. It is the first of its kind in the world, and lucky us, we are near the fireworks. Workers had to stop inspecting because of seismic activity. There is much news about this now. Check it out. Just google the Louisiana sinkhole and you will find lots of information.

Location hidden

#87792 Mar 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you and am on a fixed income too and even dropped over a $100,000 on health issues. But I am still here and still blessed by the Creator's gifts. When I said it was relative.. I meant that what you have in material wealth then someone wants it and will do everything possible to get it, but what you don't have they can't get. Sure we complain about the higher prices and the lower quanities, but we keep right on buying the stuff.
We've just got to grow more veggies and fruit, raise chickens, cows for milk and meat, etc. Rural people have it over on the city folks, but those city folks will try to get ours when they run out. I do not worry. Let's say that I just try to be proactive. I do feel sad for the little kids growing up now. They will never have it as good as we did.

Location hidden

#87793 Mar 24, 2013
Good night, my fine feathered friends. May you all have pleasant dreams and awaken refreshed, to a new day filled with our Creator's gifts. Will talk tomorrow, Lord willing. Lala
Tollesboro Guy

Versailles, KY

#87794 Mar 24, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
We've just got to grow more veggies and fruit, raise chickens, cows for milk and meat, etc. Rural people have it over on the city folks, but those city folks will try to get ours when they run out. I do not worry. Let's say that I just try to be proactive. I do feel sad for the little kids growing up now. They will never have it as good as we did.
Can you believe the cereal boxes? Smaller and smaller, less cereal in them. Higher priced. The wife like Corn Pops (used to be called Sugar Pops but we can't have that now can we/)and they are now $5.89 in Ron's IGA and oddly, Dollar General has fewer and fewer deliveries of cereal. No Corn Pops for months. Diet Coke Zero is sometimes 3 for $10 but usually over $4.80 per 12 pack!

Snickers Almond and Snickers Peanut Butter squares are so small but the packaging is the same size. At Dollar General those are .75 cents but at Road Ranger across the street they are $1.25. A 14 oz Coke in the plastic bottle is $1.89!! Diesel at $4 per gallon costs me $160 to fill up my F350 Super Duty. Gas at $3.75 is only $75 (20 gallon tank versus 40) for my Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. So $235 every week for two vehicles? Crazy.

I make OK money but what are people doing that make $10-$15 per hour?$600 a week for groceries,gas,electricity,wate r,TV,telephone, mortgage and internet for most of us. It scares me....

It's not over. Obama has a carbon tax coming that will drive up the price of fuel even higher plus electricity. We may all have to get together to share to live.

My 100'x100' garden in tilled, finally got a few days of dry this week. Lot's of planting to do! We'll see but I'm not sleeping as well as I used to.:-)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87795 Mar 25, 2013
5am and my world is white. Been too muddy to plow here for a month or more. Costs nearly a $1000 for my son to fill up the Kenworth and my poor old pickup truck has not seen a full tank in nearly 2 years.

I wish I made $10 an hour but nobody needs an old man to work so I just work on my own stuff and raise chickens for a little extra egg money and help other old folks with their projects and trade eggs and work for meals. I do get some good pies and cakes. LOL I

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#87796 Mar 25, 2013
Oh what a long night. I have been sick since I got home yesterday. Still feeling awful, but headed to work. This is going to be fun...NOT!

Location hidden

#87798 Mar 25, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you believe the cereal boxes? Smaller and smaller, less cereal in them. Higher priced. The wife like Corn Pops (used to be called Sugar Pops but we can't have that now can we/)and they are now $5.89 in Ron's IGA and oddly, Dollar General has fewer and fewer deliveries of cereal. No Corn Pops for months. Diet Coke Zero is sometimes 3 for $10 but usually over $4.80 per 12 pack!
Snickers Almond and Snickers Peanut Butter squares are so small but the packaging is the same size. At Dollar General those are .75 cents but at Road Ranger across the street they are $1.25. A 14 oz Coke in the plastic bottle is $1.89!! Diesel at $4 per gallon costs me $160 to fill up my F350 Super Duty. Gas at $3.75 is only $75 (20 gallon tank versus 40) for my Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited. So $235 every week for two vehicles? Crazy.
I make OK money but what are people doing that make $10-$15 per hour?$600 a week for groceries,gas,electricity,wate r,TV,telephone, mortgage and internet for most of us. It scares me....
It's not over. Obama has a carbon tax coming that will drive up the price of fuel even higher plus electricity. We may all have to get together to share to live.
My 100'x100' garden in tilled, finally got a few days of dry this week. Lot's of planting to do! We'll see but I'm not sleeping as well as I used to.:-)
Oh, I have seen all that you describe, and you're right! Just wait until we feel the effects of the carbon tax. Everything has gone up. Just insuring my property is becoming exhorbitant, and it may price me right out of where I love to live. I am down from 6 horses to one horse and our pony. I just about gave away two blue-blooded Tennessee walkers, just so that I knew they would be used kindly. Bales of hay and bags of grain just got way too high.
Good Morning

United States

#87799 Mar 25, 2013
It's 8 EST here and from the looks of it outside the snow all but passed us by!!! Yay! There's a little on the cars and even less showing on the ground!!*happy dance*.
Over the weekend I did purchase a couple of simple bird feeders and today I will head for the farm store to find some bird feed! I'll definitely have all the supplies ready before the g'kids get back from spring break so they can help set everything up!

Fuel prices going higher? Ouch! I run up and down the road a lot so this is not good! My mom only went to town once a week for shopping and I go at least once a day. Hmmm, I do remember dad stopping at the store on the way home from work every day to pick up a gallon of milk for our family of 5. 7 gallons of milk a week and 1 carton of *cokes*. Now it's a gallon of milk a week just for me and several fast food drive thru *cokes*.:-(

Location hidden

#87800 Mar 25, 2013
Good morning, my fine feathered friends. Looks like cold wind will dominate the day, but thank-goodness we only got a coating of snow. Plenty of birds to wake me up EARLY this morning. Their tweets, yacks, and caws work better than an alarm clock. The only problem is that I can't set their time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crestwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisville stinks 48 min Mitch Stinks 1
Senate passes controversial transgender restroo... 8 hr TerryE 48
Jeff Dehut 8 hr Lana 1
Mandy Maraman needs to come back to me!!! 17 hr Mandy Maraman 2
Crestwood Auto Sales 17 hr Mandy Maraman 6
judge Tim feeley (Dec '11) 20 hr Sad About Feelely 108
janette Dillow satterly Feb 26 Laker 4

Flood Warning for Oldham County was issued at March 02 at 3:51AM EST

Crestwood Dating
Find my Match