Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,841 - 71,860 of 81,569 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

well folks, I am off here. Arthur is angry that I am spending too much time sitting. Good Night to All.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>It's been a long Winter, and it just started really.
Keep your spirits up, it will be over before you know it. Hubby just came in and told me that there will be a nor'easter where we used to live. That part of New England will receive 1 to 2 feet of new snow. Ooooh. Glad I'm not there.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>It's been a long Winter, and it just started really.
Well the First shall be Last LOL you were the first I said Good Morning to and now the last to say Good Night too. Take Care.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Good night all. Got to go. Will be back in the morning, Lord Willing. BUT WHERE'S HEMPBURN!!!!!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
well folks, I am off here. Arthur is angry that I am spending too much time sitting. Good Night to All.
Goodnight AW, have a peaceful night. Hope Arthur settles down with some rest.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Oglala wrote:
Good night all. Got to go. Will be back in the morning, Lord Willing. BUT WHERE'S HEMPBURN!!!!!
Goodnight lala, talk to you tomorrow. Sweet dreams.:)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Oglala wrote:
I know, It's probably too cold to use the weber. Makes me salivate with him telling about his food. My children sure would like Nope's home cooked BBQ chicken. Hehe. Those carrots sound tasty.
orewell

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

its never too cold for a BAR B Q
orewell

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

A solar "superstorm" could knock out Earth's communications satellites,
cause dangerous power surges in the national grid and disrupt crucial navigation aids and aircraft avionics, a major report has found.

It is inevitable that an extreme solar storm

caused by the Sun ejecting billions of tonnes of highly-energetic matter travelling at a million miles an hour will hit the Earth at some time in the near future,
but it is impossible to predict more than about 30 minutes before it actually happens, a team of engineers has warned.

Solar superstorms are estimated to occur once every 100 or 200 years, with the last one hitting the Earth in 1859.

Although none has occurred in the space age, we are far more vulnerable now than a century ago because of the ubiquity of modern electronics, they said.
EMP

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

orewell wrote:
A solar "superstorm" could knock out Earth's communications satellites,
cause dangerous power surges in the national grid and disrupt crucial navigation aids and aircraft avionics, a major report has found.
It is inevitable that an extreme solar storm
caused by the Sun ejecting billions of tonnes of highly-energetic matter travelling at a million miles an hour will hit the Earth at some time in the near future,
but it is impossible to predict more than about 30 minutes before it actually happens, a team of engineers has warned.
Solar superstorms are estimated to occur once every 100 or 200 years, with the last one hitting the Earth in 1859.
Although none has occurred in the space age, we are far more vulnerable now than a century ago because of the ubiquity of modern electronics, they said.
a nuclear detonation in the upper atmosphere can produce an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) that can do exactly the same thing. If or when this ever happens in warfare you can bet they will blame it on a solar superstorm.
The magnetosphere and the ionosphere are supposed to protect us from these solar superstorms, however HAARP has been creating gashes in these magnetic fields making us more susceptible to the effects of solar EMP's.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
YES!! I noticed on the map last night that there were others in action at the same time too, but I didn't mention it. There seemed to be a really strange "pattern" to them that I noticed, so I compared the "world map" of actual fault lines to the markers that were flashing. It was astonishing. This is getting to be some pretty scary stuff now.
This asteroid,(DA14/"Nibiru ") that's coming so terribly close to earth next week has some massive pull involved with it that's affecting the Earths core and our poles. The Earth really IS groaning and stretching. I just hope she can take it..
I am more concerned about this than I was Y2K OR the Mayan prophecies...
Y2K was a man made problem simply involving a man made fix. This asteroid however, is coming from the heavens.. And we must keep in mind all of these strange booms that everyone has been hearing all over the world now for so long with NO credible explanations being given..
If this asteroid HAS somehow been causing the Earth to make these booming noises and it's not even here yet, then after it passes there will be effects taking place until it's well out of our orbit too. These strange noises, and other related catastrophes could still go on for a long time to come after it's passed..
WOW! I don't get to read that much these days. So has this asteroid been officially named Nibiru?

I may be wrong; but I have been under the impression that something that fits the criteria of being an asteroid could not have that kind of gravitational pull on the earth.however position and timing could have earth pulling on an asteroid.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

dirt road wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha you said cat....i saw in the news last week that cats kill more birds than any other organism.
Sure cats kill birds, but I'm pretty sure desease organisms kill far more birds. However I'm not stating that I know that to be a fact.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! I don't get to read that much these days. So has this asteroid been officially named Nibiru?
I may be wrong; but I have been under the impression that something that fits the criteria of being an asteroid could not have that kind of gravitational pull on the earth.however position and timing could have earth pulling on an asteroid.
Yep. I've got some links, but coffee isn't ready yet so I'm too groggy to find the files yet. If you'll give me a bit I can find them and post for you.

Glad to see you on the threads. Where in the country are you now? LOL!! Poor AW was feeling like the lone rooster today.
:)
Tarp

Burgdorf, Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Another fish die-off occured in Iceland within 2 months. Something weird is also happening over there!
http://strangesounds.org/2013/02/apocalyptica...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

I read somewhere that this asteroid is going to be close enough that it could very well have the capability to take out a satellite if things aren't timed and coordinated right. That's how close it's going to be. Kind of gives you a sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, doesn't it? It's about half the size of a football field they say.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

I'm also wondering. Has there been a bonafide increase in earthquake activity since Dec 21. What about other natural earth events.

I no longer have a computer at home to research with. I gave it to my sister for a real good price because she helped me up when I was down.

I just can't seem to make a decent go at it these days.
Blueminer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Hi Nope and Everyone else!

I am at home today. Gotta find another job yet again. Some wacky things goin on in my life.

Sure was springlike around here yesterday.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Here is one of the links I found. Don't let the title "2012 DA14" sway you. That's what it was named until people started to peg it as the "Nibiru" asteroid for some reason that I've yet to figure out.

Pretty good detailed info in this article;

http://earthsky.org/space/asteroid-2012-da14-...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
I'm also wondering. Has there been a bonafide increase in earthquake activity since Dec 21. What about other natural earth events.
I no longer have a computer at home to research with. I gave it to my sister for a real good price because she helped me up when I was down.
There was an earthquake down toward Australia just two days ago. Off in the islands. Last time I looked, they still had it graded as an 8.0 on the Richter scale. There were tsunami warnings out, but I don't think they did much damage. Nothing near what the earthquake itself did to those villages.

And the maps that we've all been watching for almost two years now show a lot of activity too. Much of it seems to be following fault lines in parameters.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
Oh, Blue. I'm sorry to hear that. Dang. I didn't know you were having troubles. I have an acquaintance who drives a truck. I'll ask him if there is anything he knows of out there for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crestwood Discussions

Search the Crestwood Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
love my wife 1 hr Michael 1
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr oscar 16,116
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr terri 26,184
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr shew 1,014
Which innocent LMPD slain is most despicable? (Nov '13) 5 hr Fritz 16
Growing up at St .Thomas St .Vincent Orphanage ? (Sep '10) 7 hr John Maerz 71
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 7 hr Fired 47
•••
•••
•••
•••

Crestwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000