Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
65,901 - 65,920 of 81,557 Comments Last updated Thursday
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

If this washtub fills up much more I may even take a bath. And its not even Saturday night...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Good morning everyone. Interesting posts since I last posted. Nice for a change.

NOPE, I did the same thing when I bought this laptop. Covered the webcam with a sticker and never activated the fingerprint sign in feature. The gov't got my fingerprints years and years ago when I went to work, haven't had them take since then and will not put my index finger prints out into the WWW signing in this computer.

My landline phone catches all spam calls and my cell phone is used only for calls and texts. Don't surf the web or FB, add aps (that you agree to them accessing all your's and your friends' info to use) or anything else. Don't have GPS or want it. We are falling for all these gadgets that track us on an hourly basis. Don't think so.

I never put anything personal or pictures on FB and only have 26 friends to keep up with. That got FB to put a notice on them to help _____ find friends. I was pissed. I put up an annoucement to my friends that FB should mind their own business, I have all the friends/family I want on facebook to keep up with. Don't know how people keep up with hundreds/thousands of FB and all the crap posted by each. Their "timeline" version sucks and now they are inserting "recommended sites" in your page. I am about to dump the whole thing.

Rained hard early this morning, now just dreary gray and getting cold. Looks like the midwest got a snow storm and Eastern Ky might get some snow later. Brrrrrrrrr, I was hoping the midwest would keep it. We aren't suppose to get any here in northern Ky. Fine by me.

I hope you all are staying warm and having a great day so far. It sure was nice to see the thread so clean once again. Hope it keeps up that way.

Have a great day!
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Mr. Scruff, do you have some extra outdated flea market peanut butter and chimney soot you could email me? I really need to make some soot suet cakes for my birdie friends. Yours might be too, but my 3rd Wednesday crazy check is as thin as spider webs right not. If you don't have the peanut butter at least send the soot. Thanks.
I could send some ashes that I have tossed into the chicken building for them to scratch in to keep mites and such under control. But I really don't want to get chicken doodoo and ashes on my computer screen LOL I don't have much soot since I throw rock salt into my stove sometimes and that keeps the chimney cleaned out fairly well.

I am out of flea market peanut butter since my third Wednesday is thin too. All I have is my quarter on a string that I took to church yesterday. It did make a nice kerplunk in the metal plate. I suggested that the ushers start using styrofoam but they did not think that was too good an idea. LOL But we only have 9 more days until we can go to the Dollar Store. I hope that 350 pound fat lady is working that day so I can stock up on looking at women all in one trip. LOL
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
There are those hot lips again. Things are so lovely today, I'm going to let you kiss my butt. No biting, just gentle affectionate kisses.
Yeah someone has already covered my posts with hot fire roasted nuts and lemon-head candy drops again. I don't think I've said anything too bad..so far today.
I wonder how I offended someone?
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good morning everyone. Interesting posts since I last posted. Nice for a change.
NOPE, I did the same thing when I bought this laptop. Covered the webcam with a sticker and never activated the fingerprint sign in feature. The gov't got my fingerprints years and years ago when I went to work, haven't had them take since then and will not put my index finger prints out into the WWW signing in this computer.
My landline phone catches all spam calls and my cell phone is used only for calls and texts. Don't surf the web or FB, add aps (that you agree to them accessing all your's and your friends' info to use) or anything else. Don't have GPS or want it. We are falling for all these gadgets that track us on an hourly basis. Don't think so.
I never put anything personal or pictures on FB and only have 26 friends to keep up with. That got FB to put a notice on them to help _____ find friends. I was pissed. I put up an annoucement to my friends that FB should mind their own business, I have all the friends/family I want on facebook to keep up with. Don't know how people keep up with hundreds/thousands of FB and all the crap posted by each. Their "timeline" version sucks and now they are inserting "recommended sites" in your page. I am about to dump the whole thing.
Rained hard early this morning, now just dreary gray and getting cold. Looks like the midwest got a snow storm and Eastern Ky might get some snow later. Brrrrrrrrr, I was hoping the midwest would keep it. We aren't suppose to get any here in northern Ky. Fine by me.
I hope you all are staying warm and having a great day so far. It sure was nice to see the thread so clean once again. Hope it keeps up that way.
Have a great day!
Good morning.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Good morning Imposter. Are you out of the topix doghouse now? I hope so. If you play nice, they might let you stay. I know you can do it. I see you trying. Keep up the good work. Sorry about your leak in the roof. Bad day to have one. I hope you have a pleasant day despite that.:)
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got the right idea, AW. I disconnected my landline phone because of too many calls trying to sell me something. I only use the cell phone, so that all my calls are from family, friends, or business associates to whom I have given my phone number. I would love to get rid of the landline entirely, but I have to keep it in order to use my computer. I hate credit cards, but I have to have one so that I can order merchandice I need online. Unfortunately, I don't get out to shop very often. However, we are credit card "freeloaders" because we pay the bill entirely when it comes in at the end of the month. That way I don't pay any of the exorbitant interest rates that credit card companies charge.
Have any of you ever used one of those Green Dot, "pay as you go credit cards"? If I used credit cards I would. And no doubt I would sign up for it with a fake name and fake address. lol
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
If it stops and the sun comes out, we might need to mow grass for Christmas LOL
I mowed a few leaves on Saturday! lol ...and really need to mow a bunch more.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good morning Imposter. Are you out of the topix doghouse now? I hope so. If you play nice, they might let you stay. I know you can do it. I see you trying. Keep up the good work. Sorry about your leak in the roof. Bad day to have one. I hope you have a pleasant day despite that.:)
No mam, they're still zapping my posts pretty fast. I would say, that its very unprofessional to let personal conflicts interfere with one's professionalism, but I wont say that LOL...I wish a most lovely day to you.
I hope you get to read this before it gets zapped.
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I could send some ashes that I have tossed into the chicken building for them to scratch in to keep mites and such under control. But I really don't want to get chicken doodoo and ashes on my computer screen LOL I don't have much soot since I throw rock salt into my stove sometimes and that keeps the chimney cleaned out fairly well.
I am out of flea market peanut butter since my third Wednesday is thin too. All I have is my quarter on a string that I took to church yesterday. It did make a nice kerplunk in the metal plate. I suggested that the ushers start using styrofoam but they did not think that was too good an idea. LOL But we only have 9 more days until we can go to the Dollar Store. I hope that 350 pound fat lady is working that day so I can stock up on looking at women all in one trip. LOL
Ancient Wolf! That was mean! LOL

The only birds I have seen today was a hawk getting its butt kicked by some little bird.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Thank you Imposter. I still see your posts above this one. I put a brilliant, check and heart on your posts. Maybe that will help. lol Stay warm and keep trying. Just be nice. No more negative posts from me. I promise. Positive posts or I will just quit altogether. You can do it. :)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Thank you Imposter. I still see your posts above this one. I put a brilliant, check and heart on your posts. Maybe that will help. lol Stay warm and keep trying. Just be nice. No more negative posts from me. I promise. Positive posts or I will just quit altogether. You can do it.:)
It is indeed a struggle, but I am trying too, dear one. The birds at my feeders were so cute this morning.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Once our neighbor had this dog that was always barking and acting mean. Time went by and he seemed to change.

Time went by and it got to where he wagged his tail acted friendly towards me. So one day I think I'll pet that dog since he knows me and now is friendly.

HE BIT ME!

After that when he was wagging and being so friendly, I knew it was because he was talking trash and planning to get me again.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Yesterday I got on and posted and didn't say hello to anyone...My bad.

Hello Everybody!
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Ok here's lazy... get a security camera and set it in the window aimed at whatever you want to look at and set the bird feeder out in front of it. Then you can watch birds (or whatever) on your TV all from the comfort of your nice warm cozy couch. And bad people will have a hard time sneaking up on you too! The one I have has a microphone built in too so if you install it the way they are meant to be installed -outside- you can listen and watch. About $40 from Harbour Freight and I noticed Walmart is carrying security cameras now too - at least here where I live.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
It is indeed a struggle, but I am trying too, dear one. The birds at my feeders were so cute this morning.
If we can do it anyone can do it. lol I didn't see any birds at my feeder but heard some in the trees and the one who builds a nest in my downspout every year. I love seeing the Cardinals. Only seen one here lately. Love those pretty bright males. Seems like the females should be the bright red. lol

I hope you have a fine day una. Stay warm. It has dropped from 58 degrees at midnight to 38 degrees with some lfurries expected. Brrr, I hate being cold. Wish I could just stay home today, but got things to do and have to go out. Ugh
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Blueminer wrote:
Yesterday I got on and posted and didn't say hello to anyone...My bad.
Hello Everybody!
Hello Blueminer, Have a good day and stay warm.
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Have any of you ever used one of those Green Dot, "pay as you go credit cards"? If I used credit cards I would. And no doubt I would sign up for it with a fake name and fake address. lol
Yes I have used those once or twice and it is not really a credit card. You pay cash up front at locations such as Walmart and such and is not much different than buying a Lowe's or other location's gift cards except there is a small fee included. The card is reuseable by loading more money to the balance, but I never did. I used it for an exact amount.

Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient Wolf! That was mean! LOL
The only birds I have seen today was a hawk getting its butt kicked by some little bird.
Fat chicks are like mopeds, sure, they are both fun to ride, but I would not want friends to catch me on one.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Good day everyone! Still drizzling rain here and didn't get much sleep last night. A thunderstorm hit here at around 4 a.m. and woke up every critter in the house. When the critters wake up, they're just like kids. Gotta get Mom up too... I plan on taking a rainy day nap sometime this afternoon.
(Glad I didn't find a bat in here last night! I don't think I'd have blown a hole through the ceiling, but I'm sure a few things would have gotten broken during the chase down).

On a more fun note, I just finished cross pollinating some of my Christmas and Thanksgiving Cacti. One of the ones I decided to cross was an heirloom red Christmas cactus with a lavender Thanksgiving cactus... I'm anxious to see what kind of seed develops, eventually to find out what kind and color of flower I'll see in about a year, LOL! You gotta have a high patience level with these succulents, but it's SO worth the wait.

(By the way, I gave you a heart, a check mark and a bright bulb on your comments too, Imposter. I only see a couple of missing comments, so are you behaving this morning? The missing ones might not even be yours. But I knew you could do it, You too Una! I gave you some checks, nice bulbs and hearts also. It's nice to see everyone getting along)!!

Well, I've got things to do unless I loose my motivation within the next few minutes, which I've been known to do. Maybe I'll be back later. Maybe I'll just hang around. Or maybe I'll just have "one more" cup of coffee, roflmbo!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Crestwood Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Crestwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••