Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75104 Nov 18, 2012
Looks all quiet on the eastern front. Eight hours of no postings, no shots fired, the village sleeps.

Have a good Sunday.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#75105 Nov 18, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Looks all quiet on the eastern front. Eight hours of no postings, no shots fired, the village sleeps.
Have a good Sunday.
Looks like a few shots taken, but mostly missed the targets and just made post holes.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#75106 Nov 18, 2012
Good morning Humpaburn and AW. The birds and Squirrels are active around this old shack this morning.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#75108 Nov 18, 2012
Another good morning. Happy Birds!!

“Take no prisoners”

Since: Jan 11

Eddyville, KY

#75110 Nov 18, 2012
Do not adjust your horizontal hold.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#75111 Nov 18, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Have a good Sunday.
Good morning. It's a beautiful day. Enjoy your coffee.
Steph said this

Mayfield, KY

#75112 Nov 18, 2012
When the wind blows, the sun sets, the tiered sleep, the dreamers dream, and the writer's have writer's block... the time ticks on, and suddenly everyone is awake... to the realist, this all makes sense, to the others, they get lost in a dream, they wake up and keep their dreams in their pockets... a penny is worth a million dollars to them, to a realist it is worth a mere penny, not worth anything if you don't use it wisely... :)

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#75113 Nov 18, 2012
Steph said this wrote:
When the wind blows, the sun sets, the tiered sleep, the dreamers dream, and the writer's have writer's block... the time ticks on, and suddenly everyone is awake... to the realist, this all makes sense, to the others, they get lost in a dream, they wake up and keep their dreams in their pockets... a penny is worth a million dollars to them, to a realist it is worth a mere penny, not worth anything if you don't use it wisely...:)
Huh??? What the heck are you on?
W KY Girl

Plano, IL

#75114 Nov 18, 2012
Steph said this wrote:
When the wind blows, the sun sets, the tiered sleep, the dreamers dream, and the writer's have writer's block... the time ticks on, and suddenly everyone is awake... to the realist, this all makes sense, to the others, they get lost in a dream, they wake up and keep their dreams in their pockets... a penny is worth a million dollars to them, to a realist it is worth a mere penny, not worth anything if you don't use it wisely...:)
Pass that this way please, thank you.:)
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75115 Nov 18, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My friend gave me a 13 part mini-series set from the History Channel on the American Revolution. No doubt trying to draw my attention away from the Civil War. LOL
Just saw Benedict Arnold give away the plans to Fort "West Point" in exchange for a high ranking position in the British Army since he thought he was not getting the proper glory as a Colonial Officer.
Benedict Arnold sadly cannot be summed up easily. He was a strong general that fought like an animal, gave his fortune to the U.S. in buying arms for troups and ships and was Washington's pride as a great soldier. Unfortunatly he was treated illy by the leaders he fought for. It's easy to say traitor, but in reality he was was an American hero on several levels. Uncle Sam has a way of making great men bitter. Benedict is a good read if people take the time.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#75116 Nov 18, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Benedict Arnold sadly cannot be summed up easily. He was a strong general that fought like an animal, gave his fortune to the U.S. in buying arms for troups and ships and was Washington's pride as a great soldier. Unfortunatly he was treated illy by the leaders he fought for. It's easy to say traitor, but in reality he was was an American hero on several levels. Uncle Sam has a way of making great men bitter. Benedict is a good read if people take the time.
He was the hero of Saratoga,but Ethan Allen got the credit. When he was wounded and was asked where, he said "in my leg, but I wish it was my heart". The History Channgel guy said he wished it was so also, because at that point he is was the #1 American Revolution hero.
hud

Somerset, KY

#75117 Nov 18, 2012
dont know wrote:
everybody thinks different things,some are plum stupid and others a lil more educated....everything that has happened has happened before and will do so again...as far as the birds go,explainable.....but the fish...well nobody knows....some say drilling which is stupid,we dont know so we need not jump to conclusions....thats what causes mass confusion and chaos when a lil something happens....cant wait till 12/21/12...im gonna laugh my ass off.
by different calendars this year might be 2007
raven

Fort Gay, WV

#75118 Nov 18, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
He was the hero of Saratoga,but Ethan Allen got the credit. When he was wounded and was asked where, he said "in my leg, but I wish it was my heart". The History Channgel guy said he wished it was so also, because at that point he is was the #1 American Revolution hero.
It surprised me to learn that Benedict Arnold used his money/ funds to continue the war effort. Congress investigated him only to discover this. So, in 1779 he secretly decided to help Britain.He was falsely accused by our government on fake charges while helping it. I think, he had good intentions and was taken for granted. No man who spends his monies on any war effort is trying to do that country harm; he is doing the greater good.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75120 Nov 18, 2012
Well I'm impressed with the knowledge the group has about Benedict, good go folks.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75121 Nov 18, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Well I'm impressed with the knowledge the group has about Benedict, good go folks.
Thanks Humpaburn. You would never have known I was a history buff would you?
noteson

Mayfield, KY

#75122 Nov 18, 2012
Lover of sight, the shadows are dimming
in this room: yearning little rays stumble
and murmur through as the blinds close

and turn in for the day. Holding on to
what never knew was sight. Until it begins,
the whisper of dusk, the titter comfort,

a moon against structure. Casting no outline
here no wanting little waves that lurch.
Merely a whisper, on the thud to hold

us close: to learn what it means to set
in distance while holding your hand.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75123 Nov 18, 2012
noteson wrote:
Lover of sight, the shadows are dimming
in this room: yearning little rays stumble
and murmur through as the blinds close
and turn in for the day. Holding on to
what never knew was sight. Until it begins,
the whisper of dusk, the titter comfort,
a moon against structure. Casting no outline
here no wanting little waves that lurch.
Merely a whisper, on the thud to hold
us close: to learn what it means to set
in distance while holding your hand.
Crack?
no bs daddy

London, KY

#75124 Nov 18, 2012
noteson done smoked they self retarded. I wasted like 5 seconds of my life reading that bs.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#75125 Nov 18, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Crack?
Sounds like it,....or meth.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#75126 Nov 18, 2012
Hilarious Youtube video I saw today. Enjoy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crestwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 12 hr David 1
places that hire felons.help! 13 hr constanceswan 1
Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants drive... (Nov '07) 17 hr Mike 17
brad jones fairdale 19 hr beef 8
Mouse Moments - (Sep '11) Fri Maverick 808 12,445
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) Fri kctopps 61
Sarah annanice reece Fri Maverick 808 3
Crestwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web