weekly crestwood police blotter

Posted in the Crestwood Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
YOU NEED TO KNOW

United States

#1 Jul 24, 2008
I need the help of some people to post a weekly police blotter to inform our residents of what happens around our town. Im looking for the frequency for their car to car band so we can post whats up. Can someone give me the clearing codes and ten codes . Thank You everyone in advance with your help. I truely believe we can make this successful. Everyone man your scanners and inform your neighbors. Hey Frank obtaining codes and frequencys are perfectally legal, you should know of all people.
Playfield

Thornton, IL

#2 Jul 24, 2008
Im all for it
Stewie

Harvey, IL

#3 Jul 25, 2008
It is funny that the ex ex chief bares a striking resemblance to Peter Griffin. Look at me, I'm the chief. I make arrests N' stuff.
Thunderbolt

Calumet City, IL

#4 Jul 25, 2008
Crestwood Deli Burglary last week
AT&T attempt burglary last week
Pantry @ 135th. long ave. Robbery last week
mass exit

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 25, 2008
What happened to the Office that got into a car accident at 137th and cicero earlier this year, I hear he is having sugery.
Lets Be Frank

East Greenwich, RI

#6 Jul 25, 2008
The officer is fine nothing happened there was no accident it was just a scary dream.
mass exit

Chicago, IL

#7 Jul 25, 2008
Lets Be Frank wrote:
The officer is fine nothing happened there was no accident it was just a scary dream.
Ok if that is the truth, the story at another PD is tyhat the Officer is going to put a claim in against Crestwood. He is also losing time at his full time cop job. I understand he is a good cop, and Crestwood is not standing by him.
Gary

Franklin Park, IL

#8 Jul 25, 2008
You 8 people need to just mind your own business and I want you know know that my weight condition is a glandular problem

Did you ever see the movie 1984 that is how we run our administration
mass exit

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 25, 2008
Whick one of the Officers is secertly carring a Taser Gun, NOT COOL MAN
GrmRper

Chicago, IL

#10 Jul 25, 2008
YOU NEED TO KNOW wrote:
I need the help of some people to post a weekly police blotter to inform our residents of what happens around our town. Im looking for the frequency for their car to car band so we can post whats up. Can someone give me the clearing codes and ten codes . Thank You everyone in advance with your help. I truely believe we can make this successful. Everyone man your scanners and inform your neighbors. Hey Frank obtaining codes and frequencys are perfectally legal, you should know of all people.
Scanning Police Freq's is legal for now, but talking about or posting what you hear on a scanner isn't a good idea. The last thing you would want to do is mess up one of their investigations.

Most folks who listen to scanners have done so since back when they first came out. And never talk about what they hear to others.

Scanning was meant to be a hobby, don't ruin it for those who use it for that purpose only!
Thunderbolt

Batavia, IL

#11 Jul 25, 2008
Its perfectly legal to post what you hear over the air. Its unethical for Crestwood not to post their crime stats It just shows you how they really respect their residents
DICKY WHINEMANN

Thornton, IL

#12 Jul 25, 2008
GrmRper you really dont know what your talking about ,what about freelance photographers that you watch every morning on your local news channel , you must be brainwashed by the crestwood administration you pass along scanner information God Bless America Long live the First amendment
George

Thornton, IL

#13 Jul 25, 2008
GrmRper wrote:
<quoted text>
Scanning Police Freq's is legal for now, but talking about or posting what you hear on a scanner isn't a good idea. The last thing you would want to do is mess up one of their investigations.
Most folks who listen to scanners have done so since back when they first came out. And never talk about what they hear to others.
Scanning was meant to be a hobby, don't ruin it for those who use it for that purpose only!
Tell that to Frank Sr., who would listen to his scanner and other radios and then bitch later to the police staff why they were making traffic stops on Cicero Ave. Frank was meddling in police business constantly. Let the police do their jobs and stay out of patrol business. If someone is driving crazy, then they have a right to stop the car and advise them of their wrong doing. Writing them a ticket is the cops discretion.
Oscar Meyer

Tinley Park, IL

#14 Jul 26, 2008
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to Frank Sr., who would listen to his scanner and other radios and then bitch later to the police staff why they were making traffic stops on Cicero Ave. Frank was meddling in police business constantly. Let the police do their jobs and stay out of patrol business. If someone is driving crazy, then they have a right to stop the car and advise them of their wrong doing. Writing them a ticket is the cops discretion.
Now that is some screwed up thinking. Good thing Frank is gone, he needs to stare out of his window and yell at the kids who walk on his lawn.
GrmRper

Chicago, IL

#15 Jul 26, 2008
I guess the FCC doesn't have a clue in 2 way communication, or maybe Dicky doesn't. Let me show you what they say about Monitoring and the Law,

"Regarding radio transmissions that you hear,it is against the Federal Law, To reveal to any other persons, not a party to the transmissions, the contents of those transmissions (in other words,keep what you hear to yourself.)"

Seems loud and clear to me. If want to look it up, it's under Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) OF 1986 as amended.
Dave

Redford, MI

#16 Jul 26, 2008
GrmRper What about freelance cameramen and photographers that moniter scanners and run to the scene to take pics and video , and then sell them to local news agencys? Im trying to start an arguement , im just curious whats the differance between them and guy listening to a scanner at home and then posting it on a public forum?
Dave

Redford, MI

#17 Jul 26, 2008
If thats true i guess the former village director has been breaking the law for years listening to who's pulling traffic on cicero ave. and than calling the station to bitch out the supervisor about that particular officer
Federal LAw

Mount Prospect, IL

#18 Jul 26, 2008
DICKY WHINEMANN wrote:
GrmRper you really dont know what your talking about ,what about freelance photographers that you watch every morning on your local news channel , you must be brainwashed by the crestwood administration you pass along scanner information God Bless America Long live the First amendment
It is not illegal to listen to a scanner however, if you dispense any of the information you heard over the scanner that is against federal law.

It would be like taping a TV show. It is legal to tape the show but it is illegal to disperse it to anyone else without permission.

If you are monitoring a scanner and go o the scene to take pictures that is not illegal. If you discuss what you heard on the scanner that would be illegal. If you buy a scanner this is all spelled out in the owners manual.
GrmRper

Chicago, IL

#19 Jul 27, 2008
Dave, According the the Federal Law, Revealing information for personal gain is a no no according to the FCC.

Having a scanner and monitoring in your home is not illegal. Calling one of your friends and telling them what you heard is illegal from the FCC's point of view.

As far as a Mayor or Chief of a town, they have the right to monitor their traffic in their town, but most don't use scanners, they have a 2 way hand held radio's
GrmRper

Chicago, IL

#20 Jul 27, 2008
Dave, if your former village director is monitoring and calling the P.D. and complaining, it's up to the village council and or Police Chief to put the person in question in his/her place.

Sounds like the above mentioned person is a sore loser and they need to move on. But that's just my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crestwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So what happenened to Ricky Rockets? (Jun '15) 37 min so what 10
Time for a food survey company in Midlothian 1 hr Prom queen 2
lmao 1 hr 666 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Hank Kuspa as Mayor? 1 hr taxman 12
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 4 hr cowards 1,569
Praire Ridge Subdivision in Mokena - Nebor Cons... (Apr '14) 6 hr Blown68 16
Judging game May 1 Take out the Trash 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crestwood Mortgages