Stranczek is fit for interview

Stranczek is fit for interview

Posted in the Crestwood Forum

Tribune

Niles, MI

#1 Apr 14, 2010
Former Crestwood Mayor Chester Stranczek is fit enough to be interviewed in lawsuits accusing village officials of pumping contaminated drinking water to residents for more than two decades, a judge ruled Wednesday.

Lawyers for Stranczek, who served as mayor from 1969 to 2007, had argued that he suffers from dementia and isn't capable of testifying. But in a 51-page decision, Cook County Circuit Judge Mary Rochford ruled "there is no evidence that a deposition would be physically harmful in any way to Stranczek."

The opinion is a mixed result for attorneys representing current and former residents who sued Crestwood after the Tribune revealed last April that village officials had secretly used a contaminated well, apparently to save money.

Lawyers will be allowed to submit written questions that Stranczek will answer in a two-hour videotaped interview, but the session will not count as evidence. The judge later will determine if he is competent to testify at trial.

During three days of hearings earlier this year, experts hired by Stranczek's attorneys testified that he suffers from Parkinson's disease and has "mild to moderate" dementia.

Attorneys for Crestwood residents suing the village questioned the extent of Stranczek's mental problems. One of the experts hired by Stranczek's attorneys said the former mayor had experienced "some memory loss, which had been ongoing over the last several months," but "it's not significantly interfering with … his activities of daily living."
Resident

Midlothian, IL

#2 Apr 15, 2010
Chester Stranczek is a coward.
Steve _ Clo

Peoria, AZ

#3 Feb 12, 2013
"Resident" says he is a coward. He is also a clown, and an ass. He told my wife & I we could not operate our cleaning business out of our condo. We told him that was too bad, but we were going to do it anyway, and we did. Some other clowns from the condo's "management" company EPI then tried to harass us, and we taught them a lesson.(The big fat bald guy with the wrench probably now uses wrenches for what they were intended, instead of threatening people with them.)
My Mom went to Eisenhower High School with this Stranczek person, who she described as self-centered. Apparently he's also a deceitful criminal; my wife passed from cancer after living in Crestwood 16 years. I do not know whether or not her passing was from Chester's tainted water, but I will say his idle threats were ineffective. U do not threaten a man & woman's livelihood, and U can beat city hall when it's run by cartoon characters. I was a former BIPD officer, and I also forced the resignation of four corrupt Orland Hills pastors, so I was prepared for the likes of Stranczek & crew. And, thank the Lord, my wife was prepared for eternity.
Steveasshole

Eustis, FL

#4 Feb 12, 2013
Steve _ Clo wrote:
"Resident" says he is a coward. He is also a clown, and an ass. He told my wife & I we could not operate our cleaning business out of our condo. We told him that was too bad, but we were going to do it anyway, and we did. Some other clowns from the condo's "management" company EPI then tried to harass us, and we taught them a lesson.(The big fat bald guy with the wrench probably now uses wrenches for what they were intended, instead of threatening people with them.)
My Mom went to Eisenhower High School with this Stranczek person, who she described as self-centered. Apparently he's also a deceitful criminal; my wife passed from cancer after living in Crestwood 16 years. I do not know whether or not her passing was from Chester's tainted water, but I will say his idle threats were ineffective. U do not threaten a man & woman's livelihood, and U can beat city hall when it's run by cartoon characters. I was a former BIPD officer, and I also forced the resignation of four corrupt Orland Hills pastors, so I was prepared for the likes of Stranczek & crew. And, thank the Lord, my wife was prepared for eternity.
You are an idiot. I bet none of what you said actually happened. No one is allowed to operate business out of their homes. That is the law jackass. You are not above the law. No one wants to live next to someone running a business out of their homes. That is why we have ordinances and have areas set up for business not residential development.
hmmn

Midlothian, IL

#5 Feb 12, 2013
What about Frank G.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crestwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cottonwood Trees 15 hr Arborist 1
Stranczeks houses (May '14) 15 hr We Are All Stupid 7
Red Light Camera's in Crestwood Fri Lou pee size Cons... 10
Should Cresrtwood Have Their Own Strip Club (Jul '14) Fri so hoooneee 13
anyone remember crestwood back in the sixties (Dec '07) Thu DA BOSS 67
Passing of Frank Gassmere (Jul '14) Thu CANCER SONG 9
Poll Should Crestwood residents pay for Chief T's cr... (Oct '11) May 25 Lou 663
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crestwood Mortgages