Crestmoor Golf Club, Creston, Iowa
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
gone and glad

United States

#61 Oct 31, 2008
like sands through an hour glass, so are the days of our lives.
Chick Over Fifty

Knoxville, IA

#62 Nov 3, 2008
Fresh views wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing....I am sure they will be found guilty but in the meantime you may want to refrain from calling them rapists. Until they are tried in a court of law they are accused rapists and to call them rapists before the trail is grounds for a libel suit.
I.P. and M.A.C. addresses are very easy to track and it takes very little to get a search warrant when the evidence is on the internet. Just some friendly advice.
Definition of forum per dictionary-A public meeting place for an open discussion. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation. I don't think any one here is trying to get sued, they honestly believe in debating an opinion. I would hope that Freedom Of Speech exists somewhere. Also hope that you weren't threatening Women Power. I don't know computer laws.
fresh views

Omaha, NE

#63 Nov 3, 2008
I made it clear I was not threatening her. Just advice. Didn't you read the last sentence? And the follow up entries? Including the cut and paste from a legal website??????
prochoicemom

Bronson, IA

#64 Nov 8, 2008
The two fine officers are guilty, and the big boys fat mouths in public because they are intimidated by a woman who will come forward. Too bad big boys from the Elms. Answer the question, what is it that you are afraid of? They made it real clear that they would do the same. They're the same kind that would get by with it if they could. This case has opened Creston's eyes, and I hope and pray that the women there will not put up with anymore. The fools with the most vacuous space between their ears always run their mouths the most. I know a gasbag when I hear one. I also know an intimidated bully baby boy when I hear one. They always blame the women instead of looking the mirror and seeing what Quasimodos they are. TO THE BRAVE SURVIVOR, YOU DID THE RIGHT THING. mORE POWER TO YOU. TWO OF THE LOCAL "INTELLIGENSIA" ARE HEADED FOR THE BIG METAL BOX. mAYBE THE BIG MOUTHS FROM THE EAGLES WILL END UP THERE TOO. Country clubs are always made up of gasbags and ever flap traps with no substance. The only "substance" they produce is flushed down the local commode. Amen
Woman Power

United States

#65 Nov 9, 2008
prochoicemom wrote:
The two fine officers are guilty, and the big boys fat mouths in public because they are intimidated by a woman who will come forward. Too bad big boys from the Elms. Answer the question, what is it that you are afraid of? They made it real clear that they would do the same. They're the same kind that would get by with it if they could. This case has opened Creston's eyes, and I hope and pray that the women there will not put up with anymore. The fools with the most vacuous space between their ears always run their mouths the most. I know a gasbag when I hear one. I also know an intimidated bully baby boy when I hear one. They always blame the women instead of looking the mirror and seeing what Quasimodos they are. TO THE BRAVE SURVIVOR, YOU DID THE RIGHT THING. mORE POWER TO YOU. TWO OF THE LOCAL "INTELLIGENSIA" ARE HEADED FOR THE BIG METAL BOX. mAYBE THE BIG MOUTHS FROM THE EAGLES WILL END UP THERE TOO. Country clubs are always made up of gasbags and ever flap traps with no substance. The only "substance" they produce is flushed down the local commode. Amen
Sadly mistaken, this case has not opened Creston's eyes. These people want to pretend like this never happened, they don't want to see these two men do time, after all its been said many times that "I hope they don't serve any time" but I would bet money that if this happened to them, their wife, daughter, they'd be singing a different tune. I can tell you this much, I look at people from this community completely different now, people I thought had decent character have shown me otherwise.
Sad To Say The Least

United States

#66 Nov 10, 2008
Woman Power wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly mistaken, this case has not opened Creston's eyes. These people want to pretend like this never happened, they don't want to see these two men do time, after all its been said many times that "I hope they don't serve any time" but I would bet money that if this happened to them, their wife, daughter, they'd be singing a different tune. I can tell you this much, I look at people from this community completely different now, people I thought had decent character have shown me otherwise.
You are so correct..But that says alot about those whose Character you are talking about..It is not good sound character...and if it were thier mother, daughter, grandaughter, niece, sister or close friend, they would most certainly have a different view.
Very sad to say the least, and speakes volumes about integrity and character around the community.
Want Trial Moved

United States

#67 Nov 10, 2008
On kcci

Creston Officers Want Trial Moved

POSTED: 9:54 am CST November 10, 2008
UPDATED: 11:13 am CST November 10, 2008

CRESTON, Iowa -- The attorneys for two former Creston police officials accused in the alleged rape of a woman at a country club bar have asked that their trial be moved.

Former Police Chief James Christensen and John Sickels, former assistant chief, were charged in June with second-degree sexual abuse. They have been fired from the department.

Investigators allege that Sickels raped a woman behind the bar of the Crestmoor Golf Club on April 18 while Christensen looked on.

The Iowa attorney general's office is prosecuting the case at the request of the Union County attorney's office.

The men have pleaded not guilty. Trial is scheduled for Dec. 15.

Their attorneys ask in motions filed last month that the proceedings be moved because of pretrial publicity.
Male pushing sixty

Knoxville, IA

#68 Nov 12, 2008
To Woman Power....some people will never in my opinion admit to their guilt in theft, corruption, and those people of which you speak have been there for a long time and some are beyond disgusting. It is hard to hold your head up when you see people react to what is wrong in my opinion. Seen things since the 50's.
ben dover

Zion, IL

#69 May 2, 2009
SEX
RICHARD MONAHAN

Lake Dallas, TX

#70 Jun 28, 2009
Hopeow,my wife and I are comming in from texas next week to play a round or two.Hope its ok hate to run in to gun fights while golfing!.
give it a rest

Ocean View, DE

#71 Jun 29, 2009
Fresh views wrote:
<quoted text>
"Just the Help"? Please tell us how you came to that assumption? First hand knowledge or more "Well I heard....."?
Again you are bunching a lot of good people in with a few bad ones.
everyone who has heard about these twisted people with their orange ribbons are saying all creston people are like them, we are not and never will side with these people . it's all over the des moines register and who knows how many more on the internet. the majority of our town think these idiots are just that idiots giving creston a worst name than it had. this is the time to watch our elected officials and see what they are going to do to stop this crap and if they don't have the kahunas or the common sence for the greater good of our town and it's good people then VOTE THEM OUT get rid of the whole lot of then CLEAN UP CRESTON starting with those elected fools who by doing nothing pretty much shows where they stand, it's time for the good, kind honest people who call creston home to come together and stop this once and for all. we own homes here, our children go to school here, take back creston from the corrupted officials still in this town from the sick tickets that support them like the drunks, drug heads and a few on the council who I know from personal experience are crooked as all get out. this is America and decent people have the right to feel safe and live in a town that is NOT known for supporting RAPIST and corruption, that is how creston is seen now ya know from everywhere people are saying stay away from creston , noone wants to visit here so much for the tourist trade you were trying to bring here let alone new businesses coming here. are we going to let a twisted few speak for us um... NO NO NO go to these officials and demand they earn their pay and I don't mean the under the table money going back and forth either... it made me angry to see how everyone from outside creston sees us, you should be upset too, the decent people of crston just a thought...
give it a rest

Ocean View, DE

#72 Jun 29, 2009
RICHARD MONAHAN wrote:
Hopeow,my wife and I are comming in from texas next week to play a round or two.Hope its ok hate to run in to gun fights while golfing!.
creston is a good town we just have a VERY short list of twisted freaks who support rapists in their family and they by no means speak for creston in fact if we all just stop listening maybe they will just stop embarressing themselves and our town. come to creston, have fun just stay away from the dive bars that support these twisted few. if you want the names of places to stay away from I am sure many on here can give them to you,
Supporter

Creston, IA

#73 Jun 30, 2009
It's hard to believe that all this garbage has stemmed from Vicki Hodge and her drones getting upset over people who care about either one or both men we feel were wrongly convicted and unfairly sentenced. Does anyone remember that the topic supposedly discussed here was the orange ribbons? I'm still unclear as to why they were such a problem for you people who are on the side of the 'victim', This has turned into a place for you people to continue to attack Jamie and Johnny and claim that your 'victim' never did anything wrong in her entire life.

As for the allegation that there was never any gossip or rumors about her prior to this incident, that is simply untrue. Many of the same stories you all seem to hear after the allegations were there for many years prior to this. If you didn't hear them, perhaps it is because you didn't know her or have any contact with her, and when you heard them you simply dismissed them because they didn't concern you. Maybe your response then was merely "Who?". Maybe you just conveniently "forgot". Doesn't matter the reason, they still existed. They didn't magically appear after April. Do they prove that this incident happened or didn't happen? Absolutely not! Are they really relevant now? Not really. Doesn't mean they weren't there before, simply because you don't believe it. Kind of the same way the gossip about the officers doesn't mean this incident did or didn't happen. Gossip is gossip. Rumors are rumors. And it takes facts for the law.
We all know the outcome of the trial. Posting over and over the results isn't really necessary. It doesn't make us agree with them any more or any less than we already did.

I will say you are a tenacious bunch of people. You did succeed in eradicating our orange ribbons for the most part, through intimidation and threats (the same behavior you supposedly abhored in the officers, I might add.). You got to us through landlords and employers. You win. Doesn't mean we don't love and support them any less. Doesn't mean we agree with you. Does mean we were intimidated and bullied. Does that make you proud?
I'm afraid you will never convince me that the punishment doled out here was just. I'm also sure you will never be willing to see my side of the issue. It is still hard for me to reconcile the sentence when I know of many cases where murders and crimes far worse (in my opinion) were punished with just a short jail sentence, if any sentence at all. The most disturbing one (as I mentioned before) was the man who kidnapped his handicapped son, transported him across state lines, and pushed him out in traffic to kill him. He's already out of prison and back in society. That doesn't make me feel the safest, and given my choice, would rather have Jamie around. Yes, I understand the added burden of being a police officer, but this is essentially a "he said/she said" case, and the reputations of all of the parties have been sullied long before this issue came to light.

I will always think that Vicki Hodge should be removed from her position at the Rural Iowa Crisis Center, based solely on the events stemming from this case.
Just because we have been bullied into continuing to support these men more silently doesn't mean we don't care anymore, or that we have changed our minds about the situation.

Sexual assault is no laughing matter. Yes, I have experienced it first hand. I take it very seriously. I continue to wear my purple and white ribbons in support of that cause. I know firsthand what that experience can do to you. I still don't believe your "victim's" account of the events of that evening, so all of you that wish that experience on me are barking up the wrong tree. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
deserved it

Mount Ayr, IA

#74 Jun 30, 2009
Supporter wrote:
It's hard to believe that all this garbage has stemmed from Vicki Hodge and her drones getting upset over people who care about either one or both men we feel were wrongly convicted and unfairly sentenced. Does anyone remember that the topic supposedly discussed here was the orange ribbons? I'm still unclear as to why they were such a problem for you people who are on the side of the 'victim', This has turned into a place for you people to continue to attack Jamie and Johnny and claim that your 'victim' never did anything wrong in her entire life.
As for the allegation that there was never any gossip or rumors about her prior to this incident, that is simply untrue. Many of the same stories you all seem to hear after the allegations were there for many years prior to this. If you didn't hear them, perhaps it is because you didn't know her or have any contact with her, and when you heard them you simply dismissed them because they didn't concern you. Maybe your response then was merely "Who?". Maybe you just conveniently "forgot". Doesn't matter the reason, they still existed. They didn't magically appear after April. Do they prove that this incident happened or didn't happen? Absolutely not! Are they really relevant now? Not really. Doesn't mean they weren't there before, simply because you don't believe it. Kind of the same way the gossip about the officers doesn't mean this incident did or didn't happen. Gossip is gossip. Rumors are rumors. And it takes facts for the law.
We all know the outcome of the trial. Posting over and over the results isn't really necessary. It doesn't make us agree with them any more or any less than we already did.
I will say you are a tenacious bunch of people. You did succeed in eradicating our orange ribbons for the most part, through intimidation and threats (the same behavior you supposedly abhored in the officers, I might add.). You got to us through landlords and employers. You win. Doesn't mean we don't love and support them any less. Doesn't mean we agree with you. Does mean we were intimidated and bullied. Does that make you proud?
I'm afraid you will never convince me that the punishment doled out here was just. I'm also sure you will never be willing to see my side of the issue. It is still hard for me to reconcile the sentence when I know of many cases where murders and crimes far worse (in my opinion) were punished with just a short jail sentence, if any sentence at all. The most disturbing one (as I mentioned before) was the man who kidnapped his handicapped son, transported him across state lines, and pushed him out in traffic to kill him. He's already out of prison and back in society. That doesn't make me feel the safest, and given my choice, would rather have Jamie around. Yes, I understand the added burden of being a police officer, but this is essentially a "he said/she said" case, and the reputations of all of the parties have been sullied long before this issue came to light.
I will always think that Vicki Hodge should be removed from her position at the Rural Iowa Crisis Center, based solely on the events stemming from this case.
Just because we have been bullied into continuing to support these men more silently doesn't mean we don't care anymore, or that we have changed our minds about the situation.
Sexual assault is no laughing matter. Yes, I have experienced it first hand. I take it very seriously. I continue to wear my purple and white ribbons in support of that cause. I know firsthand what that experience can do to you. I still don't believe your "victim's" account of the events of that evening, so all of you that wish that experience on me are barking up the wrong tree. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
You probably deserved being sexually assualted!

Since: May 09

Des Moines, IA

#76 Jun 30, 2009
Supporter wrote:
I see you're over here LYING THROUGH YOUR TEETH TOO!!! You were NOT sexually assaulted!!!
Ooooooops

Omaha, NE

#78 Jun 30, 2009
deserved it wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably deserved being sexually assualted!
Deserved it?!?!?! What a stupid thing to say!
Exactly how does a person deserve to be raped?!?!?
Now you sound like JC and JS.
Choices In An Instant

Milton, FL

#79 Jul 1, 2009
Does anyone remember that the topic supposedly discussed here was the orange ribbons? I'm still unclear as to why they were such a problem for you people who are on the side of the 'victim', This has turned into a place for you people to continue to attack Jamie and Johnny and claim that your 'victim' never did anything wrong in her entire life.
As for the allegation that there was never any gossip or rumors about her prior to this incident, that is simply untrue. Many of the same stories you all seem to hear after the allegations were there for many years prior to this.
I'm afraid you will never convince me that the punishment doled out here was just.Yes, I understand the added burden of being a police officer, but this is essentially a "he said/she said" case, and the reputations of all of the parties have been sullied long before this issue came to light.
The problem with the ribbons, the were put on private property in the dark of the night, if you so believe in the cuase, why not display them in the light of day, with the permission of the property owners.
Placing them in the Victims block on the church pole was in poor taste.
No one had ever said that the victim has never done anything wrong in her life. But I can honestly say that I had never heard the things that have been posted on this forum.
I had heard rumor and gossip about both officers.
You say that the punishment doled out was not just, what do you believe the punishment should be? What do you believe is fair and just. Or are you when some who say "Even if they did rape her, they should not go to priosn".
As far as the Rural Crisis Center and Vicki Hodge, they did the job they are suppose to do.
Had Christensen done his job, as Crestons Chief of Police, we would not be having this debate.
No one wants to believe that loved ones are capable of the crime of rape. But life is about choices and a bad choice can change your life in an instant.
Both officers made bad choices and then tryed to cover it up. Both officers lied in an official investigation, not once, several times. Credibility going into a courtroom is key, and both officers had lost theirs. The testimony the video tapes and by their own words, they sealed their own fate.
The system worked, and it worked well, they were convicted by a jury of their peers, in a location removed from the community that the crime took place in.
Our lives can change in an instant, based on our own choices or the choices of others.
Choices In An Instant

Milton, FL

#80 Jul 1, 2009
The last post was in response to Supporter. the top is her post and MY RESPONSE STARTS WITH tHE PROBLEMS WITH RIBONS.
Do not know what the computer did.
Choices In An Instant

Milton, FL

#81 Jul 1, 2009
this was taken from supporter

Does anyone remember that the topic supposedly discussed here was the orange ribbons? I'm still unclear as to why they were such a problem for you people who are on the side of the 'victim', This has turned into a place for you people to continue to attack Jamie and Johnny and claim that your 'victim' never did anything wrong in her entire life.
As for the allegation that there was never any gossip or rumors about her prior to this incident, that is simply untrue. Many of the same stories you all seem to hear after the allegations were there for many years prior to this.
I'm afraid you will never convince me that the punishment doled out here was just.Yes, I understand the added burden of being a police officer, but this is essentially a "he said/she said" case, and the reputations of all of the parties have been sullied long before this issue came to light.
----------

This was ""Chioces In An Instant response""

The problem with the ribbons, the were put on private property in the dark of the night, if you so believe in the cuase, why not display them in the light of day, with the permission of the property owners.
Placing them in the Victims block on the church pole was in poor taste.

No one had ever said that the victim has never done anything wrong in her life. But I can honestly say that I had never heard the things that have been posted on this forum.
I had heard rumor and gossip about both officers.
You say that the punishment doled out was not just, what do you believe the punishment should be? What do you believe is fair and just. Or are you when some who say "Even if they did rape her, they should not go to priosn".
As far as the Rural Crisis Center and Vicki Hodge, they did the job they are suppose to do.
Had Christensen done his job, as Crestons Chief of Police, we would not be having this debate.
No one wants to believe that loved ones are capable of the crime of rape. But life is about choices and a bad choice can change your life in an instant.
Both officers made bad choices and then tryed to cover it up. Both officers lied in an official investigation, not once, several times. Credibility going into a courtroom is key, and both officers had lost theirs. The testimony the video tapes and by their own words, they sealed their own fate.
The system worked, and it worked well, they were convicted by a jury of their peers, in a location removed from the community that the crime took place in.
Our lives can change in an instant, based on our own choices or the choices of others.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowa board OKs hog facilities despite opposition (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hog Confinement ... 1
News North Iowa Native Arrested in Central Iowa on S... (Jul '12) Oct '14 angie 3
Orange Ribbons (May '09) Jul '14 whats withe the o... 1,161
News Racism lurking at sundown in Iowa? (Jun '06) Jul '14 esta 401
Hanna (Baker) Brown (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
Review: Mulberry Hair Salon The (May '13) May '13 KEJ 1
Any Pizza Hut employees in Creston who have had... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Creston Mortgages