Crestmoor Golf Club, Creston, Iowa
Fresh views

United States

#21 Oct 26, 2008
Woman Power wrote:
<quoted text>
No really you don't get it. AT ALL!!!! LIVE HERE YOU YATCH AND YOU JUST MIGHT UNDERSTAND.
I have lived in Creston and I am a previous member of Crestmoor. And lady (I use the term loosely) you would have a snowballs chance in Hell of sticking a quarter in my ass.

If I don't get it please explain it. Without repeating gossip, innuendoes or rumors. Give me facts.
OMG

United States

#22 Oct 26, 2008
Creston Res wrote:
Not that all of them are "trash", but wow, how can they make fun of her and this situation?? Do they not realize the strength it took her to come forward?? Do they think this is a day at the beach for her? What pigs to talk trash about her......those 4 MEN are trash.
I agree with you !!!!!! She is a bigger person then they gave her credit for ever being. Those 4 men should have been confronted in a very tactful manner . Then lets see if they would have changed their tune . I am guessing HELL YES THEY WOULD.
Fresh views

United States

#23 Oct 26, 2008
Creston Res wrote:
Not that all of them are "trash", but wow, how can they make fun of her and this situation?? Do they not realize the strength it took her to come forward?? Do they think this is a day at the beach for her? What pigs to talk trash about her......those 4 MEN are trash.
I agree 100%! Those 4 are trash and I would not have a problem telling them that to their faces. In addition to making light of a very serious situation they are being very insensitive to the victim/survivor. Plus they are FURTHER damaging the reputation of not just Crestmoor but everyone who is a member out there!
It is a tough situation for the members....I promise you there are those out there that do feel for the victim/survivor. If someone out there in cyber space knows her personally why don't you ask her how the members are treating her? Then post it here. I would like to know how SHE feels about Crestmoor.
Fresh views

United States

#24 Oct 26, 2008
Woman Power wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think that just because you are a clergyman, volunteer, doctor, small business owner, that makes you respectable? Being respectable has nothing to do with what you do for a living, respectable is defined as decent or correct in character or behavior. Adn for the record I am not friends nor do I socialize with any of the people out there. I have seen disgusting behavior from supposedly upstanding people and if that is how respectable people act, I want know part of it. Golf at Pine Valley, atleast I won't have to stick a quarter in your ass.
Let me hear it one more time......are you stating that everyone who is a member at Crestmoor, minors, little old ladies, clergy man, doctors and THE CURRENT MAYOR (whom you have praised in other forums) are all trash?
Woman Power

Chicago, IL

#25 Oct 26, 2008
Fresh views wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing....I am sure they will be found guilty but in the meantime you may want to refrain from calling them rapists. Until they are tried in a court of law they are accused rapists and to call them rapists before the trail is grounds for a libel suit.
I.P. and M.A.C. addresses are very easy to track and it takes very little to get a search warrant when the evidence is on the internet. Just some friendly advice.
Don't tell me my rights. It looks as though you are threatening me, and this is an opinion page and these are my opinions. That is not libel, but thank you for the scare tactic.
Fresh views

United States

#26 Oct 26, 2008
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you !!!!!! She is a bigger person then they gave her credit for ever being. Those 4 men should have been confronted in a very tactful manner . Then lets see if they would have changed their tune . I am guessing HELL YES THEY WOULD.
Tactful? No they should have been CONFRONTED as loudly as possible. Hopefully loud and obnoxious enough that the police would have to break it up and it would end up in the newspaper!(ooops....maybe it wouldn't work out exactly like that!). Wouldn't that be great?!?!?!? Names of these 4 jerks and the topic of conversation in the hospital. Who owns the Elms Club?
Woman Power

Chicago, IL

#27 Oct 26, 2008
Fresh views wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%! Those 4 are trash and I would not have a problem telling them that to their faces. In addition to making light of a very serious situation they are being very insensitive to the victim/survivor. Plus they are FURTHER damaging the reputation of not just Crestmoor but everyone who is a member out there!
It is a tough situation for the members....I promise you there are those out there that do feel for the victim/survivor. If someone out there in cyber space knows her personally why don't you ask her how the members are treating her? Then post it here. I would like to know how SHE feels about Crestmoor.
Now why would you bait the victim here, are you looking for a lawsuit, it sure appears that way, you know her attorneys have told her not to talk, you are one card short of a deck, huh?
Fresh views

United States

#28 Oct 26, 2008
Woman Power wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me my rights. It looks as though you are threatening me, and this is an opinion page and these are my opinions. That is not libel, but thank you for the scare tactic.
I don't see the word "opinion" do you? Forum.....forum....forum....no t opinion.
Not a scare tactic or a threat either. But lets see if you continue to say it.
Woman Power

Chicago, IL

#29 Oct 26, 2008
Fresh views wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me hear it one more time......are you stating that everyone who is a member at Crestmoor, minors, little old ladies, clergy man, doctors and THE CURRENT MAYOR (whom you have praised in other forums) are all trash?
Do minors pay dues?
Fresh views

United States

#30 Oct 26, 2008
Woman Power wrote:
<quoted text>
Rights?!?!?!? Who said anything about rights?
Fresh views

United States

#31 Oct 26, 2008
Woman Power wrote:
<quoted text>
Article from a legal publication (later in the article it states that even email can be considered libel):

"But if you damage someone's reputation by trying to embarrass them in
a public forum, you could be sued for libel or defamation. After all,
there's no reason to assume that the messages you send through
cyberspace are immune from lawsuits.

"The Internet culture right now is for users to refute speech with
speech," says Dave Marburger, the attorney who represented Brock Meeks
in one of the first defamation lawsuits in the United States involving
the Internet. "But as the Internet culture gets more diverse, users
will start refuting speech with lawsuits."
Woman Power

Chicago, IL

#32 Oct 26, 2008
Fresh views wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see the word "opinion" do you? Forum.....forum....forum....no t opinion.
Not a scare tactic or a threat either. But lets see if you continue to say it.
You have said you beleive they are guilty, just because you don't have the guts to say rape means nothing to me, I'd think twice, guilty, that makes you better because you prefer to use different terms? SERIOUSLY.
OMG

United States

#33 Oct 26, 2008
TIME OUT!!!!!!!! TO YOUR CORNERS PLEASE!!! SUPPORT THE VICTIM !!!!!! Do not waste your strenght on each other. SAVE IT FOR HER!!!!!
Fresh views

United States

#34 Oct 26, 2008
Woman Power wrote:
<quoted text>
Now why would you bait the victim here, are you looking for a lawsuit, it sure appears that way, you know her attorneys have told her not to talk, you are one card short of a deck, huh?
If that was baiting the victim then I was wrong and Iapologize. Maybe she will speak out after the trail.

One card short? Apparently you only have one.....most likely the Joker.
Woman Power

Chicago, IL

#35 Oct 26, 2008
Fresh views wrote:
<quoted text>
Article from a legal publication (later in the article it states that even email can be considered libel):
"But if you damage someone's reputation by trying to embarrass them in
a public forum, you could be sued for libel or defamation. After all,
there's no reason to assume that the messages you send through
cyberspace are immune from lawsuits.
"The Internet culture right now is for users to refute speech with
speech," says Dave Marburger, the attorney who represented Brock Meeks
in one of the first defamation lawsuits in the United States involving
the Internet. "But as the Internet culture gets more diverse, users
will start refuting speech with lawsuits."
I believe they damaged their own. You are just as guilty here
Fresh views

United States

#36 Oct 26, 2008
Woman Power wrote:
<quoted text>
You have said you beleive they are guilty, just because you don't have the guts to say rape means nothing to me, I'd think twice, guilty, that makes you better because you prefer to use different terms? SERIOUSLY.
When I make that statement I am careful to phrase it as an opinion. Not a fact.
Fresh views

United States

#37 Oct 26, 2008
OMG wrote:
TIME OUT!!!!!!!! TO YOUR CORNERS PLEASE!!! SUPPORT THE VICTIM !!!!!! Do not waste your strenght on each other. SAVE IT FOR HER!!!!!
You are right. But this forum never was about the victim.....it was someone wanting to hear gossip about Crestmoor.
I will go to my corner now!
Woman Power

Chicago, IL

#38 Oct 26, 2008
OMG wrote:
I agree with you and I support her 100%
Woman Power

Chicago, IL

#39 Oct 26, 2008
Fresh views wrote:
<quoted text>
If that was baiting the victim then I was wrong and Iapologize. Maybe she will speak out after the trail.
One card short? Apparently you only have one.....most likely the Joker.
Why sooooooooooooo serious?
Woman Power

Chicago, IL

#40 Oct 26, 2008
Fresh views wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. But this forum never was about the victim.....it was someone wanting to hear gossip about Crestmoor.
I will go to my corner now!
Thanks for the debate:) No harm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Jul 29 Norman VN 1
Cruz, Trump or who? (Dec '15) Dec '15 Susie 1
News Iowa man dies after SUV spins out of control on... (Jan '10) Dec '15 Erin Goldner 4
News 'Big shakeup' in Iowa Poll: Cruz soars to lead (Dec '15) Dec '15 PIERCE BROAN 4
News Iowa board OKs hog facilities despite opposition (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hog Confinement ... 1
News North Iowa Native Arrested in Central Iowa on S... (Jul '12) Oct '14 angie 3
Orange Ribbons (May '09) Jul '14 whats withe the o... 1,161

Creston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Creston Mortgages