Defense: Sex Assault By Officer Was C...

Defense: Sex Assault By Officer Was Consensual

There are 1008 comments on the KCCI story from Mar 3, 2009, titled Defense: Sex Assault By Officer Was Consensual. In it, KCCI reports that:

SIOUX CITY, Iowa -- A defense attorney for one of two former Creston police officers said a sex act between the assistant police chief and a female bartender was a "consensual act." Opening arguments began late ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCCI.

just curious

Grand Junction, IA

#995 Jul 16, 2009
how do we know that some of these young ladies he didn't give a ticket to weren't coerced into having some sort of sexual encounter with him so he wouldn't put a mark on their records? what kind of a mark did he leave on these girls? cos from what i heard, most of the ones he "favored" were not very old-and possibly not wise enough to know that you DO NOT have to do what a police officer tells you!
just my opinion
APPEALS GRANTED

Chesterfield, MO

#996 Jul 17, 2009
Wake UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Raping someone is not a far worse crime????
Get Real!
You need to wake up. Sexual assult is a horrific crime. FAR WORSE you need to get over it.
The only person that sexually assaulted the "victim" was her boyfreind!!! And let all remember HE called the DCI and HE called Vicki Hodge. Another thing when the accountant from Crestmoor testified, she said that the "victim" told the Crestmoor manager that JC was not in the room when it happened. I still can't believe you people believe this garbage.
JEEEEEEZ

Milton, FL

#997 Jul 17, 2009
APPEALS GRANTED wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person that sexually assaulted the "victim" was her boyfreind!!! And let all remember HE called the DCI and HE called Vicki Hodge. Another thing when the accountant from Crestmoor testified, she said that the "victim" told the Crestmoor manager that JC was not in the room when it happened. I still can't believe you people believe this garbage.
What difference does it make who called the crisis center and the DCI?? That is completely irrelevant. The rapists were found guilty by 12 peers who heard all of the evidence. Because of your personal interest, you are ignoring many facts and even making some up. It's getting old. Quit bashing the SURVIVOR and go bake a cake for the rapists.
APPEALS GRANTED

Chesterfield, MO

#998 Jul 17, 2009
JEEEEEEZ wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does it make who called the crisis center and the DCI?? That is completely irrelevant. The rapists were found guilty by 12 peers who heard all of the evidence. Because of your personal interest, you are ignoring many facts and even making some up. It's getting old. Quit bashing the SURVIVOR and go bake a cake for the rapists.
No the jury didnt here that part of the evidence from the accountant because it was thrown out. EC said when questioned lied and said she did not recall that
JEEEEEEZ

Milton, FL

#999 Jul 17, 2009
APPEALS GRANTED wrote:
<quoted text>
No the jury didnt here that part of the evidence from the accountant because it was thrown out. EC said when questioned lied and said she did not recall that
What is EC and what are you trying to say? You're not typing full sentences. I'm sure it was thrown out for a good reason.....like hearsay maybe. You haven't answered my question...who cares who got the victim help??
Small Town Justice

Kelseyville, CA

#1000 Jul 17, 2009
APPEALS GRANTED wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person that sexually assaulted the "victim" was her boyfreind!!! And let all remember HE called the DCI and HE called Vicki Hodge. Another thing when the accountant from Crestmoor testified, she said that the "victim" told the Crestmoor manager that JC was not in the room when it happened. I still can't believe you people believe this garbage.
You people need to get a life..........
Those two are GUILTY and hung themselves with their own tongues.
Let me ask...what story or version events do you believe to be the truth..........
Christensen testified on the stand that he did in fact see sex.
SO HE WAS IN THE ROOM
Christensen said in his statemenet he did not see full-fledged rape.
What kind of rape did he see.
It would do you some good to read and view all the court testimony and the videos.
Do not defend what you can not defend, and that "is the words of the two CHARGED AND CONVICTED OF RAPE"
Credibility ...they have none.
Truth..........hell they do not know
clueless

Kelseyville, CA

#1001 Jul 17, 2009
Appeals granted??? Interesting name..do tell?
That would be hard to believe!!!!!!!!!! Very hard!
clueless

Kelseyville, CA

#1002 Jul 17, 2009
APPEALS GRANTED wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person that sexually assaulted the "victim" was her boyfreind!!! And let all remember HE called the DCI and HE called Vicki Hodge. Another thing when the accountant from Crestmoor testified, she said that the "victim" told the Crestmoor manager that JC was not in the room when it happened. I still can't believe you people believe this garbage.
STILL can not deal with their lies huh?? So you did not see themj lieing over and over and over? lol that is funny! Are you insane? YES you are!!!

Being related makes you nuts also!
Lost Gamble

Kelseyville, CA

#1003 Jul 17, 2009
APPEALS GRANTED wrote:
<quoted text>
The only person that sexually assaulted the "victim" was her boyfreind!!! And let all remember HE called the DCI and HE called Vicki Hodge. Another thing when the accountant from Crestmoor testified, she said that the "victim" told the Crestmoor manager that JC was not in the room when it happened. I still can't believe you people believe this garbage.
You can call it garbage, you can call it whatever you want
FACT: They both lied, not one time, not two times
but over and over.
Christensen was the worst, he could not remember what he saw, what he did not see, was it sex, was it not sex----oh-- and then he was taking a piss outside like a common animal.
He described what he saw as not full fleged rape.
The fact that he used the word rape to describe what he saw, or did not see, it was rape.
Was he there----------
They had ample time to get the story straight, and even at that Christensen continued to trip all over himself.
I believe there was intent to have sex with the victim
that is why they did not leave when everyone else left
I believe she was not wiling, Christensen knew it,
but he was already implicated, there was no way out
they gambled she would be willing and was not
they gambled she would not report it
they gambled no one would believe her
then they tried to destroy her character---------
and ended up destroying their own.
Officers of the law should not be out asking for oral sex, or requesting that someone raise there shirt and show there breasts, that is REAL QUALITY OFFICERS
They are something to be real proud of..........
WHY did they stay? Why was oral sex requested?
Why lie over and over and over?
They thought because of who they were and the power they had they could get away with it.
They gambled and they lost.

Since: May 09

Des Moines, IA

#1004 Jul 21, 2009
And you can bet that this was NOT the first time they were in that kind of situation! I wonder how many other women were victimized by them over the years?
clueless

Kelseyville, CA

#1005 Jul 22, 2009
jamiesworstnightmare wrote:
And you can bet that this was NOT the first time they were in that kind of situation! I wonder how many other women were victimized by them over the years?
You can bet on that!! Maybe they didn't take it from a woman but they definately played!!!
FACT
TigerLily

Milton, FL

#1006 Jul 24, 2009
Supporter wrote:
We certainly don't need the likes of Trent Good back in this town! Not if we want to "clean it up"!! Trent was by far the dirtiest cop we ever had! There are many people that would testify to that, and he's just damn lucky he isn't in there with Jamie and Johnny! His crimes were far worse than anything they ever thought of!
I dealt with Trent professionally on a few of occasions when he was here. Frankly, I dreaded the first occasion because I'd heard gossip about him, but he was ALWAYS professional and courteous. Later on, I also got to know him a bit outside of his job and again found him to be a really nice guy. I don't buy the dirty cop thing about him one bit. I'd be happy to see him back here, myself.
Questions That Remain

Kelseyville, CA

#1007 Jul 26, 2009
TigerLily wrote:
<quoted text>
I dealt with Trent professionally on a few of occasions when he was here. Frankly, I dreaded the first occasion because I'd heard gossip about him, but he was ALWAYS professional and courteous. Later on, I also got to know him a bit outside of his job and again found him to be a really nice guy. I don't buy the dirty cop thing about him one bit. I'd be happy to see him back here, myself.
Agree.
It was Trent who brought some of the bad behavior to the attention of "others" and nothing was done about it.
The linching of the the former Chief "Wonderly" stands out.
He did not support the other Creston Police officers and did in fact report it to the former mayor, who did nothing.
Maybe had someone listened Creston would not have a Victim of rape and two officers imprisoned for that rape.
Just maybe not so many lives would have been destroyed had those in charge done their jobs.
Just maybe had they not circumvented the laws those two would not have held the position to which they held.
Alot of questions remain that will never be addressed because the ones in the positions to address then have made the choice not to do so.
Those who let the law slide because they have the power to do so, just might find themselves without their jobs when the community goes to the polls.

Since: May 09

Des Moines, IA

#1008 Jul 29, 2009
I just spoke to a Dept of Corrections Administrator from Iowa who verified to me that the 2 RAPISTS, Jamie Christensen & John Sickels have been transferred to an "out of state" prison, whose location cannot be disclosed.
Trent Good

United States

#1009 Aug 6, 2009
TigerLily wrote:
<quoted text>
I dealt with Trent professionally on a few of occasions when he was here. Frankly, I dreaded the first occasion because I'd heard gossip about him, but he was ALWAYS professional and courteous. Later on, I also got to know him a bit outside of his job and again found him to be a really nice guy. I don't buy the dirty cop thing about him one bit. I'd be happy to see him back here, myself.
Thank you TigerLily.

Since: May 09

Des Moines, IA

#1010 Aug 6, 2009
8/6/2009
This e-mail is to inform you that John Sickels has been transferred from Corrections Compact Housing. The transfer took place on 8/6/2009. The offender is now in the custody of Anamosa State Penitentiary.

8/6/2009
This e-mail is to inform you that James Christensen has been transferred from Corrections Compact Housing. The transfer took place on 8/6/2009. The offender is now in the custody of Anamosa State Penitentiary.
Larry Forest City IA

Cadiz, KY

#1011 Aug 6, 2009
Wait until the lifers in prison see the two newest members of the anal antics club! Prisoners have their own brand of punishment that they impose on child molesters, police officers and especially police officers who rape. Hope they like prison food, and now they will get a taste of their own medicine.

Since: May 09

Des Moines, IA

#1012 Aug 7, 2009
Larry Forest City IA wrote:
Wait until the lifers in prison see the two newest members of the anal antics club! Prisoners have their own brand of punishment that they impose on child molesters, police officers and especially police officers who rape. Hope they like prison food, and now they will get a taste of their own medicine.
I can't say I feel sorry for them!! They did alot more than rape one woman! Their years of crimes committed against those they were supposed to be serving and protecting finally caught up with them!
They've already been transferred twice! The Iowa Dept of Corrections is apparently stuck with them since it appears that nobody else wants to house them!
I'm sure they've already been "welcomed" to prison and that's why they're being transferred all over the place and back again. With nowhere else to go, they'll have to put up with whatever comes their way. That's something they should have thought about before they embarked on a life of crimes all these years! NOBODY can help them now and I mean NOBODY!!!

I can't help but smile when I think of them suffering because they caused so many other innocent people to suffer unnecessarily!
Winds Of Change

Cadiz, KY

#1013 Aug 7, 2009
Fresh Views wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that if these things are true she deserved to be raped? Or that it is a lesser crime?
It wouldn't matter if she was a porn star....rape is rape! The definition does not change. DUH
Her background does not matter! This trial is about what happened on that night/morning.
If she is a habitual liar or your garden variety liar (as she may very well be)we shouldn't be so sure of what the true story is. Just because she is a woman we are to automatically assume she is telling the truth? News flash, women lie too. Until we find out more about her,we shouldn't be so quick to take her side. She might have mental issues, multiple personalities, and/or other skeletons in her closet. Do you really think that these two police officers would jeopardize their careers, freedom, family integrity, and bring disrespect to their last name by raping someone? I think not.
Face The Music

Springfield, MO

#1014 Aug 7, 2009
Winds Of Change wrote:
<quoted text>
If she is a habitual liar or your garden variety liar (as she may very well be)we shouldn't be so sure of what the true story is. Just because she is a woman we are to automatically assume she is telling the truth? News flash, women lie too. Until we find out more about her,we shouldn't be so quick to take her side. She might have mental issues, multiple personalities, and/or other skeletons in her closet. Do you really think that these two police officers would jeopardize their careers, freedom, family integrity, and bring disrespect to their last name by raping someone? I think not.
That's exactly what they did and that's why they're where they are today!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary clinton IRS investigation (Jul '16) Jul '16 Norman VN 1
News Iowa board OKs hog facilities despite opposition (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hog Confinement ... 1
News North Iowa Native Arrested in Central Iowa on S... (Jul '12) Oct '14 angie 3
Orange Ribbons (May '09) Jul '14 whats withe the o... 1,161
Hanna (Baker) Brown (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
Review: Mulberry Hair Salon The (May '13) May '13 KEJ 1
Any Pizza Hut employees in Creston who have had... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1

Creston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Creston Mortgages