Does Mike King owe Union County reimb...

Does Mike King owe Union County reimbursement for legal fees incurred?

Posted in the Creston Forum

one who knows

Dexter, IA

#1 May 20, 2011
He said he would pay - should he?
mike12345

Creston, IA

#2 Jul 7, 2011
I don't think the county has any legal recourse since the Board voted to pay them. Mike King said during a public forum that if elected he would reimburse the fees paid by the county. When contacted by the Creston News Advertiser, King clarified his statement saying he would pay it back when or lose. In my opinion, Mike King should keep his word and pay them back, even though he's probably not legally required to.
2bClear

Des Moines, IA

#3 Aug 4, 2011
If he doesn't pay then I say boycott the Elm's club! I've dealt with this character several times. He's a coward to your face and a bully behind your back. I've seen the way he treats waitresses.....not a good man. Seriously, I think the city of Creston should boycott the ELm's until he pays. He will most likely come back and say he was misquoted or he will try to bargain down the amount until it is a fraction of what is owed.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 7, 2011
Boycotting the Elm's is a good idea. Not sure why anyone gives that man any business, anyway.
2bClear

West Des Moines, IA

#5 Aug 9, 2011
We need to get more people onboard with this. I promise if he thinks it will hit his pocketbook through the ELms Club he will pay up. Not only because of the lost revenue during the boycott but also the customers he will permenantly lose. When his customers discover other places are as good or better they will be gone forever.
2bClear

West Des Moines, IA

#6 Aug 9, 2011
But be careful. He will make a promise and not keep it......he has done it before.
mike12345

Creston, IA

#7 Aug 17, 2011
Its on the local radio website that the county has decided to no longer pursue reimbursement. The county attorney said all informal attempts to collect have been unsuccessful, and the only other course would be thru litigation. The Board decided that the cost of litigation would outweigh what they would receive. Let the boycotting begin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowa board OKs hog facilities despite opposition (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hog Confinement ... 1
News North Iowa Native Arrested in Central Iowa on S... (Jul '12) Oct '14 angie 3
Orange Ribbons (May '09) Jul '14 whats withe the o... 1,161
News Racism lurking at sundown in Iowa? (Jun '06) Jul '14 esta 401
Hanna (Baker) Brown (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
Review: Mulberry Hair Salon The (May '13) May '13 KEJ 1
Any Pizza Hut employees in Creston who have had... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1
More from around the web

Creston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Creston Mortgages