Union County can sue investment banker

There are 3 comments on the Des Moines Register story from Oct 1, 2010, titled Union County can sue investment banker. In it, Des Moines Register reports that:

Union County's four-year legal dispute over whether an investment banking firm improperly withheld information about a farm cooperative's financial problems is headed to a jury trial - despite a federal judge's doubts that the county can prove it was misled.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Des Moines Register.

Can They Win

Millsboro, DE

#1 Oct 7, 2010
They can sue but can they win?
They are going in with the odds against them.
In my opinion the county acted like a bank with an unsecured loan. To win, would take mirical.........
Million

Millsboro, DE

#2 Oct 7, 2010
Even if they by chance win, the big lawyers will appeal and then what, are they willing to spend another million+.
enough

Mount Ayr, IA

#3 Oct 9, 2010
enough spending countless dollars on nothing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowa board OKs hog facilities despite opposition Nov '14 Hog Confinement ... 1
News North Iowa Native Arrested in Central Iowa on S... (Jul '12) Oct '14 angie 3
Orange Ribbons (May '09) Jul '14 whats withe the o... 1,161
News Racism lurking at sundown in Iowa? (Jun '06) Jul '14 esta 401
Hanna (Baker) Brown (Sep '13) Sep '13 John 1
Review: Mulberry Hair Salon The (May '13) May '13 KEJ 1
Any Pizza Hut employees in Creston who have had... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Serious Money 1
More from around the web

Creston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]