Woman charged in crash caused by 12-y...

Woman charged in crash caused by 12-year-old driver

There are 22 comments on the Des Moines Register story from Mar 18, 2009, titled Woman charged in crash caused by 12-year-old driver. In it, Des Moines Register reports that:

A Creston woman could spend 40 years in prison for allegedly allowing her 12-year-old niece to drive, and crash, a vehicle occupied by three other children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Des Moines Register.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CRESTON RESIDENT

United States

#21 Mar 29, 2009
I just read the article in the Des Moines register. That is just terrible. I can't imagine why on earth this gal would have thought it was acceptible to allow this child to driver her car, much less w/ other babies in the car. My word! I surely hope this girl can get some help for her drinking problem. I must admit that when I was 12 I lived in a very small town in Iowa and drove my Mother around to different bars, thank the Lord that I was lucky enough to have caused no accidents or gotten caught trying to drive at such a young age. I am a firm believer of not driving drunk because of my Mothers actions. I do believe this gal has an issue w/ drinking. I surely hope those babies are able to recover.

Since: Nov 08

Greenfield, IA

#22 Apr 15, 2009
i feel sorry for the kid people should watch there kids

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cruz, Trump or who? (Dec '15) Dec '15 Susie 1
News Iowa man dies after SUV spins out of control on... (Jan '10) Dec '15 Erin Goldner 4
News 'Big shakeup' in Iowa Poll: Cruz soars to lead (Dec '15) Dec '15 PIERCE BROAN 4
News Iowa board OKs hog facilities despite opposition (Nov '14) Nov '14 Hog Confinement ... 1
News North Iowa Native Arrested in Central Iowa on S... (Jul '12) Oct '14 angie 3
Orange Ribbons (May '09) Jul '14 whats withe the o... 1,161
News Racism lurking at sundown in Iowa? (Jun '06) Jul '14 esta 401

Creston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Creston Mortgages