Woman charged in crash caused by 12-year-old driver

Mar 18, 2009 Full story: Des Moines Register 22

A Creston woman could spend 40 years in prison for allegedly allowing her 12-year-old niece to drive, and crash, a vehicle occupied by three other children.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Baby Obama”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 19, 2009
The ignorance of some people is staggering.
Bryan Spencer

Afton, IA

#2 Mar 19, 2009
Yes it is...my son was left in a car when he was four...knocked the car out of gear and bailed out of the front window. The car ran over his head.
HHHmmmm

United States

#3 Mar 21, 2009
Bryan Spencer wrote:
Yes it is...my son was left in a car when he was four...knocked the car out of gear and bailed out of the front window. The car ran over his head.
So that explains what's wrong with him.
Julie

Wichita, KS

#4 Mar 21, 2009
HHHmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are a real jerk.
HHHmmmm

United States

#5 Mar 21, 2009
Julie wrote:
<quoted text>
No... if it's the son I am aware of, he's a lying, trouble-making little thief! He's the jerk!
Creston

United States

#6 Mar 21, 2009
Julie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the kids fault who his mom is. You should really feel sorry for him.
unreal

Odessa, MO

#7 Mar 21, 2009
You Creston people are unreal. The comments you post are amazing. Do any of you have jobs, or teeth for that matter??
Sheri Foster

United States

#8 Mar 23, 2009
unreal wrote:
You Creston people are unreal. The comments you post are amazing. Do any of you have jobs, or teeth for that matter??
And your post is any better? Yes, I have a job and yes, I have all my teeth including the wisdoms......maybe you should think before you post!
unreal

Waynesville, MO

#9 Mar 23, 2009
Sheri Foster wrote:
<quoted text>
And your post is any better? Yes, I have a job and yes, I have all my teeth including the wisdoms......maybe you should think before you post!
I actually agree with what you post, so wasn't talking about you!!

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#10 Mar 23, 2009
HHHmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat, the ignorance of some people is staggering. This one especially.
Bryan Spencer

Afton, IA

#11 Mar 23, 2009
HHHmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
No... if it's the son I am aware of, he's a lying, trouble-making little thief! He's the jerk!
Hey man, he is a kid...post your name and have the conversation with me!!!

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#12 Mar 23, 2009
unreal wrote:
You Missouri people are unreal. The comments you post are amazing. Do any of you have jobs, or teeth for that matter? Are you wearing shoes? Are you married to your cousins?

Mouth breathing morons.
unreal

Waynesville, MO

#13 Mar 23, 2009
unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually agree with what you post, so wasn't talking about you!!
Actually I am just kidding--I think Columbia MO's posts are insulting and horrible!!!! But just read all the other posts about the officers on the other site. Uneducated and narrow-minded. Doesn't reflect well on Creston.
Bryan Spencer

Afton, IA

#14 Mar 23, 2009
Creston wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the kids fault who his mom is. You should really feel sorry for him.
Are you 14? Because he is. You really do not know much about teenage kids...do you have any of your own? I hope you teach them better than you have been taught.
Bryan Spencer

Afton, IA

#15 Mar 23, 2009
Last post was actually to Hmmmm. not who I tagged it to...
Sheri Foster

United States

#16 Mar 23, 2009
Space Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
You Missouri people are unreal. The comments you post are amazing. Do any of you have jobs, or teeth for that matter? Are you wearing shoes? Are you married to your cousins?
Mouth breathing morons.
Just to inform all of you who assume that the place listed below the poster's name isn't always accurate. I am from Creston and as mentioned before I work full-time, I have all my teeth, I am not wearing my shoes at the moment because I am in my home and my husband isn't even a cousin of anyone I know. But I am really glad that everyone's comments are more focused on trashing others because you have nothing better to say about the forum topic. Thanks for your input.
Sheri Foster

United States

#17 Mar 23, 2009
unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I am just kidding--I think Columbia MO's posts are insulting and horrible!!!! But just read all the other posts about the officers on the other site. Uneducated and narrow-minded. Doesn't reflect well on Creston.
If you feel my posts are insulting then perhaps you should re-read your own. Thanks kind annoymous coward.

“Baby Obama”

Location hidden

#18 Mar 23, 2009
Sheri Foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to inform all of you who assume that the place listed below the poster's name isn't always accurate. I am from Creston and as mentioned before I work full-time, I have all my teeth, I am not wearing my shoes at the moment because I am in my home and my husband isn't even a cousin of anyone I know. But I am really glad that everyone's comments are more focused on trashing others because you have nothing better to say about the forum topic. Thanks for your input.
If you are from Creston, as you claim, you know that I wasn't commenting on you.

I was trashing an idiot who was trashing a 14 kid.

So since I was commenting to someone else, not you, you need to shut the pie hole.
oh come on

Creston, IA

#19 Mar 23, 2009
i thought this was about some lady that let her niece drive her car when she was "wasted" why on earth are we pickin some kid? If he has problems-maybe he is getting help, i don't know--but how would you like it if they said crappy things about your kids? i know i'd want to slap them upside the head and see if i could knock some sense into them!!!!!!!!!!couldn't say what i really wanted to)
Maybe some of you that are so "good" could volunteer to mentor this kid if you think he's such a jerk. otherwise just chill
Bryan Spencer

Afton, IA

#20 Mar 24, 2009
oh come on wrote:
i thought this was about some lady that let her niece drive her car when she was "wasted" why on earth are we pickin some kid? If he has problems-maybe he is getting help, i don't know--but how would you like it if they said crappy things about your kids? i know i'd want to slap them upside the head and see if i could knock some sense into them!!!!!!!!!!couldn't say what i really wanted to)
Maybe some of you that are so "good" could

volunteer to mentor this kid if you think he's such a jerk. otherwise just chill
Thank you! All I was doing was making a comparison to under-age children and vehicles. I did not want my son the target of a COWARD! By the way he is doing fine. Thanks for the support...especially from Space Cowboy! This person sounds like they know what they are talking about. It is a shame that this 12 year old has all of this not only on her record, but on her conscience as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 63
Orange Ribbons (May '09) Jul '14 whats withe the o... 1,161
Racism lurking at sundown in Iowa? (Jun '06) Jul '14 esta 401
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
IA IA Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Tru... (Oct '10) Mar '14 aez 17
North Iowa Native Arrested in Central Iowa on S... (Jul '12) Nov '13 Tom Johnson 2
•••
•••

Creston Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Creston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Creston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Creston
•••