Lynn

Crystal Lake, IL

#1 Apr 2, 2008
As you know the Stateville land between Renwick and Division, and between Weber and 53 was given to the forest preserve district.

A chunk of it is now Brent Hasert Park and the fire department is putting a new station on Renwick. I *think* on the site where the farm house burned down a few years ago but as of today the garage is still standing.

On city council meetings they talk about who is paying for the Gas City site plan mixed in with the Fire Department, as if they are the same plan?

Do any of you know where this Gas City might be built or would a Gas City put in pumps just for the fire department?

I am thinking it is only for the fire department. It would make no sense to build a gas station in the middle of Renwick, across from street from an airport and in the middle of Forest Preserve land.

“Got to repel the liberal horde”

Since: May 07

United States

#2 Apr 2, 2008
The minutes mention the following: "Gas City has signed an agreement to put up a gas
station with a restaurant and car wash. Alderman Soliman said that this facility is going
to be the main office for the Fire Department."

I don't understand what that means...

Then I found plenty references to a Gas City going in on the South East corner of Rt 30 and Renwick Rd, which is Plainfield.

http://www.plainfield-il.org/documents/PC7.03...
Lynn

Crystal Lake, IL

#3 Apr 3, 2008
I don't understand either. So, I just called city hall and the Mayor was busy so I was transferred to the building deptartmart. The lady I talked to said nothing is final with Gas City yet. She said the fire department will be built where the house burned down a few years ago and if Gas City is built it will be next door and west of that.

It makes no sense financially to build a gas station in the middle of forest preserve land. And across the street from an airport where student pilots train. I mentioned that and she said planes don't fly that way. I said you forgot that Lewis built a north/south runway long enough for private jets. She said no they didn't they are thinking of it. I thanked her and ended the call. Our Building Department is soooo well informed. LOL

“Got to repel the liberal horde”

Since: May 07

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2008
I recall there was a problem with a gas station owner next to the Joliet Municipal Airport. He got all the permits to build the gas station and after it was done they claimed he built in violation of a zoning law that states a gas station can't be that close to a runway. I never heard what came of that. Last I recall he was figting it pretty hard because the city of Joliet gave him the permits to build where they later said he wasn't supposed to build.

Since: Apr 07

Crest Hill, IL

#5 Apr 4, 2008
A gas station can be built at the end of a runway, if Mayor Churnovic wants it to be. Heck with how he and his Building Commissioner interpret and twist the codes, a gas station could be built on a runway, on public property, on a firing range, or underwater (assuming they could afford water).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Galarzas Auto Corridor

Plainfield, IL

#6 Jan 7, 2009
Crest Hill wrote:
A gas station can be built at the end of a runway, if Mayor Churnovic wants it to be. Heck with how he and his Building Commissioner interpret and twist the codes, a gas station could be built on a runway, on public property, on a firing range, or underwater (assuming they could afford water).
As long as it is measured from the center of the runway. It worked for me!!$$$$$$

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
for sure

Willowbrook, IL

#7 Jun 30, 2012
and now another gas station doesn't open in Crest Hill

The Marathon ....

what the hell is so wrong with this City?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crest Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bolingbrook - worst suburb in Chicagoland 42 min Esquire 99
Comcast Internet Speeds 46 min Hardliner 2
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr Stay the course 8,147
John Argoudelis 1 hr CeaseAndDesist 4
Number 1 With a Bullet 2 hr John Sanchez 17
Palin 2016 2 hr Patriot 61
Honeytree Improvement Association (Aug '10) 3 hr Johny Nemonic 38

Winter Storm Watch for Will County was issued at January 30 at 10:37AM CST

Crest Hill Dating
Find my Match