food poisoning at giovans

Posted in the Crest Hill Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Neighbor

Batavia, IL

#1 May 15, 2010
That's the last time I ever eat at Giovan's Restaurant on Larkin Ave. in Crest Hill. My Neighbor's wife and his seven year old son got a bad case of food poisoning at Giovan's. Does Crest Hill inspect the food in these places?
da man

Crest Hill, IL

#2 May 15, 2010
No you dumbie, the Will County Health Dept does, call them first thing Monday- tell them what you ate & how quick you became ill.

Sorry about your illness- plus they use way to much salt there, so that you'll buy more drinks.
Neighbor

Batavia, IL

#3 May 15, 2010
da man wrote:
No you dumbie, the Will County Health Dept does, call them first thing Monday- tell them what you ate & how quick you became ill.
Sorry about your illness- plus they use way to much salt there, so that you'll buy more drinks.
Well I guess the Will County Health Dept doesn't inspect or else they wouldn't have gotten sick, Nit Wit.

Sometimes the pizza's are so old, there as hard as a rock.
da man

Crest Hill, IL

#4 May 16, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I guess the Will County Health Dept doesn't inspect or else they wouldn't have gotten sick, Nit Wit.
Sometimes the pizza's are so old, there as hard as a rock.
Yep'er thats why I live in Crest Hillbilly. No rules unless they don't like you.
Bad water-low house prices & an ineffective local government.
Food poisoning

Shorewood, IL

#5 May 16, 2010
I am so glad neihbor you said something I recently had gotten very ill, i thought it was the flu but i did eat at giovans. thank you for saying something
Having a great time

Batavia, IL

#6 May 16, 2010
I would be very careful at these food eating contest. Good way to get ride of old food.
Having a great time

Batavia, IL

#7 May 16, 2010
Food poisoning wrote:
I am so glad neihbor you said something I recently had gotten very ill, i thought it was the flu but i did eat at giovans. thank you for saying something
Good way to get rid of old food, those unhealthy food eating contests. Be careful!!!!!

Since: May 10

Romeoville, IL

#8 May 16, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
That's the last time I ever eat at Giovan's Restaurant on Larkin Ave. in Crest Hill. My Neighbor's wife and his seven year old son got a bad case of food poisoning at Giovan's. Does Crest Hill inspect the food in these places?
As the owner of Giovan's, I can assure everyone that I have not had a report from anyone getting ill from my restaurant. I am positive that the person would have notified my prior to Topix. It is very coincidental that this was posted within hours of my letter requesting that a certain alderperson resign from their post for bashing business in Crest Hill. If anyone has any direct questions or comments please feel free to contact me directly.
Neighbor

Batavia, IL

#9 May 16, 2010
Giovan wrote:
<quoted text>
As the owner of Giovan's, I can assure everyone that I have not had a report from anyone getting ill from my restaurant. I am positive that the person would have notified my prior to Topix. It is very coincidental that this was posted within hours of my letter requesting that a certain alderperson resign from their post for bashing business in Crest Hill. If anyone has any direct questions or comments please feel free to contact me directly.
Well Mr. Giovan, I assure you that my neighbor is a honest person and would not lie about something concerning her son.
I will let them know that you have posted on Topix about their getting sick from the food they were served at your Pizza place. I'll mention to call you, but that's up to them. Mostly they are just buying their pizza some were else, Lord knows there is enough pizza places around.

As far as the alderperson, I hope you are refering to Tina Oberlim,
Crest Hill would be better with her off the council.

While I have your attention Mr. Giovan, I really wish you would partake in something a little more healty for advertising events in your place, then eating contests. Most of all for the children, I don't think you are setting a very good example with these contests.
Smoking and Obesity,are two of the biggest killers in the U.S. today. Thank you for your time.
James

Crest Hill, IL

#10 May 17, 2010
I have eater at Giovan's many times. The food and service is excellent. Cresthill doesn't have much to offer in the way of dining so to bash Giovan's is harsh and cruel. I will continue to eat there until the Health Department closes it, which it won't.
James

Crest Hill, IL

#11 May 17, 2010
I have eaten at Giovan's many times. The food and service is excellent. Cresthill doesn't have much to offer in the way of dining so to bash Giovan's is harsh and cruel. I will continue to eat there until the Health Department closes it, which it won't.
James

Crest Hill, IL

#12 May 17, 2010
Giovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I love your food, sorry that someone is trying to ruin your rep and business,. Keep on fighting
James

Crest Hill, IL

#13 May 17, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
That's the last time I ever eat at Giovan's Restaurant on Larkin Ave. in Crest Hill. My Neighbor's wife and his seven year old son got a bad case of food poisoning at

Giovan's. Does Crest Hill inspect the food in these places?
I doubt it was food poisoning. You should have been smater and contacted the Will County Health Department. You should NOT be spreading rumors and trying to ruin a man's rep and livelyhood. It is a vicious thing to do with out PROOF. Where is your PROOF? You don't have any do you?
James

Crest Hill, IL

#14 May 17, 2010
The dumb person should have reported the incident to the Will County Health Department. To spread vicious rumors and try to ruin a person is just plain wrong. Only a person without a decent upbringing would post remarks like this without PROOF. Where is your PROOF, come on show the PROOF.
Leon

Bolingbrook, IL

#15 May 17, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>Well Mr. Giovan, I assure you that my neighbor is a honest person and would not lie about something concerning her son.
I will let them know that you have posted on Topix about their getting sick from the food they were served at your Pizza place. I'll mention to call you, but that's up to them. Mostly they are just buying their pizza some were else, Lord knows there is enough pizza places around.
As far as the alderperson, I hope you are refering to Tina Oberlim,
Crest Hill would be better with her off the council.
While I have your attention Mr. Giovan, I really wish you would partake in something a little more healty for advertising events in your place, then eating contests. Most of all for the children, I don't think you are setting a very good example with these contests.
Smoking and Obesity,are two of the biggest killers in the U.S. today. Thank you for your time.
I also have eaten at Giovans, and the food has always been well worth the money in regards to quality and preparation. I'm not a food expert but I believe I know a little about the law and to maliciously slander someone, even while pretending to be ignorant of the facts, is a criminal act. I would hope that Giovans would at the least have their lawyer look into this matter. It would be a true public service to have the Herald-News and WJOL publish the name of the person making these slanderous statements. In case you truly are that ignorant...I'm talking about you "Neighbor"!
Seeing that "Neighbor" claims to have had a direct conversation with the person affected, "Neighbor" should have no worry about testifying under oath.
An opinion

Morris, IL

#16 May 17, 2010
I love their GIANT pizza. Works out great for Football parties!
Neighbor

Batavia, IL

#17 May 17, 2010
Leon wrote:
<quoted text>
I also have eaten at Giovans, and the food has always been well worth the money in regards to quality and preparation. I'm not a food expert but I believe I know a little about the law and to maliciously slander someone, even while pretending to be ignorant of the facts, is a criminal act. I would hope that Giovans would at the least have their lawyer look into this matter. It would be a true public service to have the Herald-News and WJOL publish the name of the person making these slanderous statements. In case you truly are that ignorant...I'm talking about you "Neighbor"!
Seeing that "Neighbor" claims to have had a direct conversation with the person affected, "Neighbor" should have no worry about testifying under oath.
No Problem Leon! I'll even take a lie detector test!
Becareful what you wish for with the News and radio and yes you do know a little about the law, very little. Get in touch with your attorney. Are you making some kind of threat, we have a family member that is an attorney.

I also was told by another neighbor that one time she had a pizza at Giovan's and it was very good. The next time she went there it was very bad. I myself had one there when it was Selerno's so I can't say good or bad. I like Selerno's they have a place on Weber north of the expressway. What do you think of those eating contests Leon?
The Groom

Schaumburg, IL

#19 May 17, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
I find it strange that no one reported anything to the restaurant, but this appears right after a letter calling out a council person for badmouthing Crest Hill businesses reached the persons concerned. I have eaten at Giovan's since...well, since the day it became Giovan's! I've never had a bad experience with food OR service, and I've even had several parties and my wedding there. The writer should contact Mr. Cullotta at the restaurant - or at least identify himself.
Leon

Bolingbrook, IL

#18 May 17, 2010
I think you need a good old fashion ass-kicking... thats what I think! You can bring your relative along too!
Neighbor

Batavia, IL

#20 May 17, 2010
Leon wrote:
I think you need a good old fashion ass-kicking... thats what I think! You can bring your relative along too!
Temper Temper , Leon you from taking a oath to an ass kicking.
Wants your problem, Like to dish it out but can't take it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crest Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Music awards show-fat women 7 min Look in the Mirror 3
You can not out-run your sins! 11 hr LMAO 17
CBS2 takes down Tessone Motors 11 hr U a clueless mofo 10
Mr Sulu vs Roy Moore 19 hr Soap on a Rope 76
Why I hate Democrats 19 hr Thats Nothing 3
Are you in Pain? Hmu at 62-022-02269 for a hookup 20 hr Kild 1
I just watch too much of "The Blacklist" 22 hr Thats Nothing 4

Crest Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance