Unfavorable

Very Unfavorable

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bert

Plainfield, IL

#1 Feb 24, 2009
Favorably, for sure. I haven't made up my mind yet, but he's shown his dedication to the city, and I also like how he's running his campaign independantly. We've seen how City Hall is run with Nick and his people, I'm worried about the same thing with Semplinski and his people. We've seen over the past 4 years how one person's agenda can get pushed through, no problem. I don't want to see that for another 4 years.
Bert

Plainfield, IL

#2 Feb 25, 2009
This thing has over 60 votes already... anyone else care to share their opinion?
David

Mission Hills, CA

#3 Feb 25, 2009
Bert wrote:
This thing has over 60 votes already... anyone else care to share their opinion?
OK I'll give you my opinion, thirty four of those votes came from you Bert.
Bert

Plainfield, IL

#4 Feb 25, 2009
Right, because I have nothing better to do with my time. Grow up.
I asked whomever to give their opinion on why they're voting they way they are. You could have been a grown up about it and said why you obviously don't like Soliman, but you chose to be childish. I suppose it's too much to ask of some people to act like adults. And I'm still waiting for an answer to my questions for you on the "Ray Semplinski" thread, especially the parts where we need to know how you have such intimate information about Ray Semplinski, who you are, how you know him so well, and why you are on here harassing people who don't agree with you. Again, you could have acted like a grownup, but obviously that's beyond you.
David

Mission Hills, CA

#5 Feb 25, 2009
Bert wrote:
Right, because I have nothing better to do with my time. Grow up.
I asked whomever to give their opinion on why they're voting they way they are. You could have been a grown up about it and said why you obviously don't like Soliman, but you chose to be childish. I suppose it's too much to ask of some people to act like adults. And I'm still waiting for an answer to my questions for you on the "Ray Semplinski" thread, especially the parts where we need to know how you have such intimate information about Ray Semplinski, who you are, how you know him so well, and why you are on here harassing people who don't agree with you. Again, you could have acted like a grownup, but obviously that's beyond you.
You asked my opinion, I gave you my honest opinion, The only thing that was childish was your reply. NA NA, NA NA NA !
Bill

Broadview, IL

#6 Mar 7, 2009
Bert wrote:
My vote is for Ray Soliman because he has given numerous years of selfless time and dedication to our city. There is no drama with him unlike with Nick and Semplinski. I would encourage everyone to please take the time to look at his website and talk to him when comes around to campaign.
Ken

Shorewood, IL

#7 Mar 7, 2009
This city need a new leader. Someone who will make decisions for the better of the comminuty and not to benefit themselves. We need to get out of the game of pay to play politics. It's a wonder that no businesses want to build here.
Look at the growth in the surrounding area. why not Crest Hill. Because, people don't want to pay to play. Also what ever happened to those banners that we paid for that were supposed to be hung on the street lights. Were did that money go?
Crest Hill cannot affort 4 four years, not to mention 4 more weeks.
Ray Soliman is my choice. He is a proven leader. He knows the needs of the City of Crest Hill. Plus, he will treat you fair and give you the respect you deserve.
Voter

Plainfield, IL

#8 Mar 7, 2009
those were paid by each business, no city funds were used.
Ken

Shorewood, IL

#9 Mar 7, 2009
I know the businesses paid for them. Just wondering why they no longer exist. Many businesses paid good money to have them hung up.
from B A

Mission Hills, CA

#10 Mar 7, 2009
Ken wrote:
I know the businesses paid for them. Just wondering why they no longer exist. Many businesses paid good money to have them hung up.
AKA ---t
Voter

Plainfield, IL

#11 Mar 7, 2009
Ken wrote:
The fee paid only was for certain amount of time, when asked for renewal most of us said no- things are slowing down - have to watch each dollar, their was no way to measure the ROI.
It was a great ideal & gave us a little class in city.
Hope this helps.

“Meh!”

Since: Feb 09

Crest Hill

#12 Mar 7, 2009
I agree totally with Bill and Ken.
I would add, however, that I think Soliman's strongest asset is that he is not "teaming" with any other politicians in this race. Nick has his people (Tina, Diane, etc.) that back him and will do whatever for him, and Semplinski has his people (Brenda, Charlie, Neal, etc.) that will do whatever for him. The city needs a mayor that is not influenced by the interests of his minions.
His website is www.raysolimanformayor.com if anyone wants to look
Thats how it works

Mission Hills, CA

#13 Mar 8, 2009
iDavid wrote:
I agree totally with Bill and Ken.
I would add, however, that I think Soliman's strongest asset is that he is not "teaming" with any other politicians in this race. Nick has his people (Tina, Diane, etc.) that back him and will do whatever for him, and Semplinski has his people (Brenda, Charlie, Neal, etc.) that will do whatever for him. The city needs a mayor that is not influenced by the interests of his minions.
His website is www.raysolimanformayor.com if anyone wants to look
Soliman has Tomich and Galarza! And Randitch .
and John Vershay and new guy Ed running for WI
voter

Plainfield, IL

#14 Mar 8, 2009
Thats how it works wrote:
<quoted text>
Soliman has Tomich and Galarza! And Randitch .
and John Vershay and new guy Ed running for WI
what? I don't understand your comment, is Tomich a write or someting?
Good ole boys

Bolingbrook, IL

#15 Mar 8, 2009
Soliman, Tomhich,Wright,Randich,Peterso n, Vershay etc. It is what it is.
voter

Plainfield, IL

#16 Mar 8, 2009
all has beens!! I don't think they have the same pull anymore. Or I hope they don't have it anymore.

“Meh!”

Since: Feb 09

Crest Hill

#17 Mar 9, 2009
They definitly don't have a vote on the city council, unlike Nick's and Semplinski's 'chicks'.

What I want to know is, "that's how it works"/David, what do you mean by Vershay and Ruettiger? Ruettiger is Nick's boy for Ward I. Where in the world are you getting that information from? And what is Vershay's connection to Soliman? That they both represent Ward I? Look at their voting record.
Diva in Crest Hill

Bolingbrook, IL

#18 Mar 9, 2009
YES, LETS VOTE SOLIMAN IN,"LOL"
THE ONE WHO TALKS FOR 45 MINUTES ABOUT FIREWORKS, THE AMERICAN INDEPENDANCE THATS CELEBRATED WITH FIRE WORKS AROUND THE UNITED STATES. DID WE FORGET ABOUT RT.66 HE LIVES IN WARD 1 AND HE HAS DONE NOTHING TO REVIVE RT.66 JUST A BUNCH OF DIRTY,RUN DOWN BUILDINGS THAT ARE NOT UP TO CODE!!!!GALARZA AND THE FLOWER SHOP,PAPA JOES AND SUBWAY,CHILD CARE BUSINESS,VITOS,VAZQUEZ MUFFLURS AND THE TRUCKING CO. ON HICKORY AND WALTS LOOK GREAT! BUT EVERYTHING ELSE SHOULD BE TORN DOWN AND BRING NEW BUSINESSES IN! IS SOLIMON GOING TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN?
Just a concerned voter

Bellingham, WA

#19 Mar 12, 2009
He is a nice guy. He should stick to what he does best.....delivering the mail.
Mail Man

Mission Hills, CA

#20 Mar 12, 2009
Just a concerned voter wrote:
He is a nice guy. He should stick to what he does best.....delivering the mail.
I hope Soliman is not in this just to split votes.

I agree with you, I think he's in over his head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crest Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christmas in the commons by Ebenzer Baldermann 11 min Neighbor 10
Trump and Political Correctness 51 min 4Real 96
"If companies leave there will be consequences"... 1 hr 4Real 4
Trump Backtracks On Carrier Deal, Says He Reall... 3 hr 4Real 1
Thank Goodness Obama is Gone 3 hr 4Real 25
President Trump the Apprentice 3 hr 4Real 10
Help, my husband is impotent 4 hr Myobs daddy 5

Crest Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance