Displaying the American Flag

Displaying the American Flag

Posted in the Crest Hill Forum

Driver

United States

#1 Apr 18, 2012
Hey guy at the north end of Michigan St., if you display the US flag, do it right. At night you are supposed to have a light shining on it or take it down.
John Wayne

Joliet, IL

#2 Apr 18, 2012
Driver wrote:
Hey guy at the north end of Michigan St., if you display the US flag, do it right. At night you are supposed to have a light shining on it or take it down.
WOw!!!!!! I don't know about you driver but you seem to be not very proud of your country. I say display the AMERICAN FLAG with HONOR!!! Every AMERICAN structure should be flying OLD GLORY it is war time. Lets have respect and support for our military. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE! Get your AMERICAN FLAG and fly it! Driver why dont you try supporting our troops unless this is not your country or your troops!!!!
iscooner

Streator, IL

#3 Apr 18, 2012
Driver wrote:
Driver is confusing the word illuminate with shine a light on it.
A Street lamp or a porch light illuminating the flag is appropriate.
Evidently something was illuminating the Flag for driver to notice it was there at night.

Driver is also confusing etiquette with U.S. Law. Don't forget the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that it is lawful to burn the U.S. Flag, as long as the flag is you're property or belongs to you.

I'd say you are pretty lucky to have someone in your neighborhood that flies the U.S. Flag, more people should. Do you?

Old glory

Joliet, IL

#4 Apr 19, 2012
To the man thank you for flying our BEAUTIFUL AMERICAN FLAG!! I fly mine all the time, very proud of her
iscooner

Streator, IL

#5 Apr 20, 2012
Driver wrote:
Hey Driver, Everything OK on Michigan Street now?
Is there anything else in the neighborhood we should know about?
John Wayne

Joliet, IL

#6 Apr 20, 2012
Everybody show your support for your county and our military and FLY THE AMERICAN FLAG!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crest Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Back To Say Hello 31 min Reggie 4
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 35 min correct 3,232
Whining Hildabeast 1 hr Feel the Bern 1
Can anyone remember a single thing.... 1 hr Honor to Office 23
New poll shows MAJORITY of female voters.... 1 hr Cankles 4
Youre Smarter Than Sharky 1 hr Jim Carrey 1
News Road Commissioner Sued By 2 Men - Ages 81 and 6... (Nov '15) 1 hr The clock is tick... 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crest Hill Mortgages