Sunnyland sanitary district is being ripped off by Joliet

Posted in the Crest Hill Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 21, 2010
The city of Joliet is playing monopoly again. This time by gouging the people of Sunnyland for sewer services. They are dictating a 280% increase taking it from $25 to $70 per month. This should put be in the Guiness world or records as the highest sewer charge in history. I will be calling the Citizens Utility board and the Illinois commerce commission monday morning. I will appreciate some feedback and assistance from you sunnylanders for my complaint and protest. Thank you.
crest hill

Warrenville, IL

#2 Mar 21, 2010
business747 wrote:
The city of Joliet is playing monopoly again. This time by gouging the people of Sunnyland for sewer services. They are dictating a 280% increase taking it from $25 to $70 per month. This should put be in the Guiness world or records as the highest sewer charge in history. I will be calling the Citizens Utility board and the Illinois commerce commission monday morning. I will appreciate some feedback and assistance from you sunnylanders for my complaint and protest. Thank you.
No ONE in Crest Hill Cares!!! Get Off Crest Hill Topix! We have our own problems!
Da man

Crest Hill, IL

#3 Mar 21, 2010
crest hill wrote:
<quoted text>
No ONE in Crest Hill Cares!!! Get Off Crest Hill Topix! We have our own problems!
That's correct, maybe the only area that makes CREST HILL look good.

Location hidden

#4 Mar 21, 2010
crest hill wrote:
<quoted text>
..........Whats wrong with you people? Sunnyland is your neighbor. Leave us to solve our problem.
Teacher

Aurora, IL

#5 Mar 21, 2010
Yes, the people of Sunnyland should protest this unconscienable raise in sewer rates. Where will it stop? If the District made errors in the past billing, it is not up to us to correct their mistake. As to the wonderful, caring people of Crest Hill, I hope this happens to you!
da man

Crest Hill, IL

#6 Mar 21, 2010
Sunnyland could change its name to TRASHLAND..

Hey I'll buy you some tooth paste so that you may brush your one tooth..

Location hidden

#7 Mar 21, 2010
da man wrote:
Sunnyland could change its name to TRASHLAND..
Hey I'll buy you some tooth paste so that you may brush your one tooth..
Puny coward! I dare you to tell me that in person!

Location hidden

#8 Mar 22, 2010
Teacher wrote:
Yes, the people of Sunnyland should protest this unconscienable raise in sewer rates. Where will it stop? If the District made errors in the past billing, it is not up to us to correct their mistake. As to the wonderful, caring people of Crest Hill, I hope this happens to you!
You call yourself a teacher? Teacher of what? Misinformation?
Jim

Morristown, NJ

#9 Mar 22, 2010
this has already happen in Crest Hill.
where have you people been for the past 4 years.
We had a 300% mark up on our water as well.
da man

Crest Hill, IL

#10 Mar 22, 2010
business747 wrote:
<quoted text> Puny coward! I dare you to tell me that in person!
Ok I will how do I contact you?- just would like to know, are your flowers starting to bloom in your bath tub in the front yard :-)
Jim

Morristown, NJ

#11 Mar 22, 2010
Here is a blast from the past !
90 cents to $3.00 (sewer rates) was not 7% but slightly over 300%. An increase from $4.01 to $12.01 (garbage rates) was also not 7% but 300% and $1.52 to $2.50 was not 7% but slightly less than 100%.
Now - Just wait till you get hit with the bill if they do increase you !! We are already living it here in Crest Hill.

United States

#12 Mar 22, 2010
business747 wrote:
I agree with everything you are saying. Funny to here people from crest hill criticizing us considering the toilet they live in. Sunny land is in a much better position to increase in value due to development around it and allot of home improvements in the neighborhood. Crest Hill has nothing going for it. I found it Way too expensive to develop there and cancelled plans to do so. Crest Hill's city hall is crazy. Completely out of touch with reality. That's why their citizens here are so frustrated and eager to pile on us. They should be demanding better from their government.

Please let me know if you are interested in waging a fight against this outrageous corruption tax on our people. If interested contact me at lnlinc@ymail.com Thanks
WE Do Not Care

Warrenville, IL

#13 Mar 22, 2010
crest hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Get you're shit off Crest Hill Topix!

Location hidden

#14 Mar 22, 2010
Jim wrote:
Here is a blast from the past !
90 cents to $3.00 (sewer rates) was not 7% but slightly over 300%. An increase from $4.01 to $12.01 (garbage rates) was also not 7% but 300% and $1.52 to $2.50 was not 7% but slightly less than 100%.
Now - Just wait till you get hit with the bill if they do increase you !! We are already living it here in Crest Hill.
Does anyone get a $70 per month sewer charge? Everyone I know in Crest Hill are paying between 28 and 35 dollars per month, and that includes sewer,water and garbage. That sounds like a bargain. I'm sure sunnyland would love to hook on to Crest Hill. I already asked the city council 8 years ago. They declined.
WE Got Punked

Warrenville, IL

#15 Mar 22, 2010
business747 wrote:
<quoted text> Does anyone get a $70 per month sewer charge? Everyone I know in Crest Hill are paying between 28 and 35 dollars per month, and that includes sewer,water and garbage. That sounds like a bargain. I'm sure sunnyland would love to hook on to Crest Hill. I already asked the city council 8 years ago. They declined.
This sounds like one of Tina Overdone's phony schemes.
Have someone put a post on the Crest Hill TOPIX saying how bad the people in Joliet have it with their taxes, so we in Crest Hill won't complain about the garbage increase.

Why else would it be on Crest Hill TOPIX!!!!

Vote Overdone's big phony ass out of office in the next election.
Teacher

Hanover Park, IL

#16 Mar 22, 2010
Divide and conquer--ever hear of that? If we could work together maybe we could accomplish something.
WE Got Punked

Warrenville, IL

#17 Mar 22, 2010
Teacher wrote:
Divide and conquer--ever hear of that? If we could work together maybe we could accomplish something.
I'm listening.
Da man

Crest Hill, IL

#18 Mar 22, 2010
business747 wrote:
<quoted text> Does anyone get a $70 per month sewer charge? Everyone I know in Crest Hill are paying between 28 and 35 dollars per month, and that includes sewer,water and garbage. That sounds like a bargain. I'm sure sunnyland would love to hook on to Crest Hill. I already asked the city council 8 years ago. They declined.
Please change your name to Shankland...

Location hidden

#19 Mar 22, 2010
WE Got Punked wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds like one of Tina Overdone's phony schemes.
Have someone put a post on the Crest Hill TOPIX saying how bad the people in Joliet have it with their taxes, so we in Crest Hill won't complain about the garbage increase.
Why else would it be on Crest Hill TOPIX!!!!
Vote Overdone's big phony ass out of office in the next election.
Now that is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. I bet you buy lotto tickets and believe in space aliens.

Location hidden

#20 Mar 22, 2010
FYI part of sunnyland sanitary district is in the city of Crest Hill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crest Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 5 min Stay the course 8,687
Is Creepy Colarelli going to spew his rants for... 20 min Nicolas Maduro 7
Snow 1 hr tire of the ignor... 6
Daily Obama Update 1 hr Neighbor 4
Ron Sly for Mayor? 1 hr Patriot 14
Turner Censored This Story 2 hr Molon Labe 1 4
News CVS Slotted for U.S. 30 and Cedar Road 3 hr NL Dad72 2
Crest Hill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web