Why I will vote for Peter Delaney

Posted in the Crest Hill Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sick of it all

Cicero, IL

#1 Oct 21, 2012
I signed his paper and Peter told me that he would like to get rid of the Economic Development Director, that the Director failed worse than Obama..

He operates at the pleasure of the City Manager and Mayor.
Let's hear it for another dollar store....
Cresthillian

Streator, IL

#2 Oct 22, 2012
Pete Delaney was a yes man for Randy and Pick Nick.
You can vote for him, I will not.

Most Cities have a Econ Development Director, if you look at his salary compared to the entire city budget
it's a drop in the bucket. When the economy brakes the city will be in a very good position.

Delaney doesn't won't new businesses in Crest Hill that would compete with his.
Moving foward

Chicago, IL

#3 Oct 22, 2012
I will Not b voting for Pete!!!! Very happy with Ray Soliman!!!!!!!
sick of it all

Cicero, IL

#4 Oct 22, 2012
he has such a nice wife and she is on JJC school board..

I write for the newspaper from time to time..

VOTE FOR PETER...
Cresthillian

Streator, IL

#5 Oct 23, 2012
sick of it all wrote:
he has such a nice wife and she is on JJC school board..
I write for the newspaper from time to time..
VOTE FOR PETER...
Then maybe you should vote for his wife as a write in candidate.
Cresthillian

Streator, IL

#6 Oct 23, 2012
“I am really disappointed from the language of the ordinance,” Delaney said.

On July 18, the council approved an annual fee of $50 for businesses under 5,000 square feet, and $500 for larger businesses. Previously, businesses only had a one-time registration.

The square footage of a building should not be indicative of the cost of the license, Delaney said.

Also, he said, the ordinance is not clear if the size includes the main building or all the buildings if there are multiples. Businesses that have warehouses and storage units should not be made to pay more than a high-volume gas station.

When the measure was approved last month, Alderwoman Claudia Gazal commended Building Commissioner Steve Kuczkowski, stating business licenses are the way a city should increase its revenue.

Delaney would put the burden on all the residents!
Don't vote for Delaney unless you want your City taxes to go way up!
No Zombie

Joliet, IL

#7 Oct 23, 2012
Cresthillian wrote:
Most Cities have a Econ Development Director, if you look at his salary compared to the entire city budget
it's a drop in the bucket. When the economy brakes the city will be in a very good position.
I guess the recession is not in Romeoville. In the last 4 years it has picked up Aldi's, Target, Walmart and Portillos among many others. Bolingbrook, Romeoville and Lockport have no economic development directors at this time but don't let the facts get in the way.
JENNY DELMONTE

Buffalo, NY

#8 Oct 24, 2012
Asking our community not to vote for DeLaney without having factual information is pretty pathetic! Taxes are not what DeLaney is looking to raise, in fact, he is a small business owner who has great knowledge on what would benefit the middle class and other business owners. Seems to me you should get your facts straight!
voters for Peter

Cicero, IL

#9 Oct 24, 2012
he has my vote & Barbra will make a great first lady for the city.
voter

Cicero, IL

#10 Oct 24, 2012
Pete did some nice yard work for me a few years ago, his wife was there working with him side by side.

If they work 1/2 as hard as being Mayor then he has my vote.

Besides a vote for PETE- you get is his wife also at no cost.
Cresthillian

Streator, IL

#11 Oct 25, 2012
"Besides a vote for PETE- you get is his wife also at no cost."

No wonder the Lions Club is the way it is!!

"The square footage of a building should not be indicative of the cost of the license," Delaney said.

How would Pete and Barb make up this difference if not raising taxes?
Charlie

Joliet, IL

#12 Oct 25, 2012
Cresthillian wrote:
"Besides a vote for PETE- you get is his wife also at no cost."
No wonder the Lions Club is the way it is!!
"The square footage of a building should not be indicative of the cost of the license," Delaney said.
How would Pete and Barb make up this difference if not raising taxes?
Pete Delaney is not and has never been a member of the Crest Hill lions club.
Pete and Barb

Cicero, IL

#13 Oct 26, 2012
We aren't members, I'm a member because the Crest H ill club doesn't except woman...
Cresthillian

Streator, IL

#14 Oct 26, 2012
Pete and Barb wrote:
We aren't members, I'm a member because the Crest H ill club doesn't except woman...
If Delaney was Mayor could he make decisions without asking his wife first?
citizen

La Grange, IL

#15 Oct 27, 2012
Cresthillian wrote:
On July 18, the council approved an annual fee of $50 for businesses under 5,000 square feet, and $500 for larger businesses. Previously, businesses only had a one-time registration.
The square footage of a building should not be indicative of the cost of the license, Delaney said.
Also, he said, the ordinance is not clear if the size includes the main building or all the buildings if there are multiples. Businesses that have warehouses and storage units should not be made to pay more than a high-volume gas station.
When the measure was approved last month, Alderwoman Claudia Gazal commended Building Commissioner Steve Kuczkowski, stating business licenses are the way a city should increase its revenue.
Delaney would put the burden on all the residents!
Don't vote for Delaney unless you want your City taxes to go way up!
Don't Put it on the residents, every Business in Crest Hill was Pissed and many where ready to pull out of the city until they re wrote this to a 25 for home busines and 50 for non home. This was suppose to be a way to keep track of the business yearly. If that is true why do you need a 500.00 on top of all the other fees they have. You would have drove out the businesses with this bad law and many are still not happy about the unfreindly business area crest hill is. Keep what is going and you will drive more business out of the City and all of it will be on the residents! A Vote for the mayor will cause your taxes to go up cause that is all he has done is tax and spend since he has got in. Name a tax or a fee that has not gone up.
Wee wee

Cicero, IL

#16 Oct 29, 2012
watch her at the jjc board- watch for the hair flip

http://www.jjc.edu/about/administration/board ...
Long time Crest Hill

Joliet, IL

#17 Oct 29, 2012
Cresthillian wrote:
Does Romeoville, Naperville, Bolingbrook have an econ Development director? What new business has the current econ development director done? Couldn't the city manager do this?
Marilyn

Streator, IL

#18 Oct 29, 2012
Long time Crest Hill wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Romeoville, Naperville, Bolingbrook have an econ Development director? What new business has the current econ development director done? Couldn't the city manager do this?
Yes Romeoville has one they call it a community development director.
his name is Steve Rockwell.

And no the city manager can't do that work. Crest Hill for the first time in years is looking like a real City. Their on the right track!
Wee wee

Cicero, IL

#19 Oct 29, 2012
Marilyn wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Romeoville has one they call it a community development director.
his name is Steve Rockwell.
And no the city manager can't do that work. Crest Hill for the first time in years is looking like a real City. Their on the right track!
\

Their on the right track - REALLY that news to us Crest Hillbilles..
Cresthillian

Streator, IL

#20 Oct 29, 2012
Well you heard it here first

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crest Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will the REAL Lway taxpayers unite! (Nov '15) 32 min You never learn 3,321
Did you know?? 49 min Meeechelle 5
Trump Will Win 1 hr Meeechelle 12
So, how "Christian" is Donald Trump?? 2 hr Powerintheblood 13
New poll shows MAJORITY of female voters.... 5 hr ItIsWhatItIs 16
Trump is a loser 5 hr ItIsWhatItIs 21
There's a name for Trump's brand of politics: 5 hr ItIsWhatItIs 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crest Hill Mortgages