Wednesday Readers' Forum
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.
#1 Mar 24, 2010
To Mr. Starrat, Mr. Cohen and all other MEA supporters:
PLEASE! STOP THE NONSENSE!
If all that mattered boiled down to the propriety of a 2/3 vote or PG&E's sponsorship of Prop 16, the issues might be more cut and dry. On the other hand, by extending the Prop 16 hype into the issues of MEA is to confuse and obfuscate the real problems MEA is foisting upon Marin.
To be clear, do not lose sight of the real underpinnings of MEA:
- NO local, new, renewable energy capacity
- NO new job growth
- NO economic stimulus for the local economy
- NO meaningful reductions GHG
- NO incentives for rooftop solar
- NO incentives for energy conservation and energy efficiency
- NO qualified management, governance or control
- NO guarantees on electricity rates
- NO effective control over the actual "green" content of their energy
Any suggestions to the contrary are based not on fact but, rather, hollow promises for some hoped-for future programs. The fact is, while MEA was formed several years ago with all the best of intentions, it will deliver nothing of what it originally set out to accomplish: locally controlled renewable energy.
Instead, MEA and its supporters will:
- Support Shell Oil
- Send local dollars out of state
- Add middle-men and administrative overhead to our energy services
- Commit county taxpayer funds to support their plan
- Automatically enroll you in their financially risky plan
- Charge ratepayers to opt-out and, in turn, subject them to PG&E's re-enrollment fees and potentially higher (penalty) rates
- Use Marinites as guinea pigs for a still-unproven energy plan (Community Choice Aggregation), comparable examples of which do not exist ANYWHERE in America.
- Disguise themselves in a veil of greenwash
- Act in opposition to a multitude of criticisms from key leaders in our community, the renewable industry and other regional, state and national interests.
Again, distinguish the issues in play: one is Prop 16, the other is MEA.
Oppose PG&E's ballot measure if you please but DO NOT LET MEA GET AWAY WITH THEIR BOGUS GREENWASH SCHEME.
DO THE RIGHT THING FOR MARIN, FOR YOUR POCKETBOOK AND FOR YOUR FAMILY: OPT OUT NOW!!!
#2 Mar 24, 2010
Will we all be able to drive without DL and insurance? Or just a select group? Why should ILLEGAL aliens have more rights than Legal citizens? Why are our Supervisors, Council Members, State Reps changing laws for ILLEGALS and not the Legal citizens that voted them into office? Do these officials not think we will vote them out?
Vote out all incumbents next election. They are not looking out for the citizens rights, they are trying to take them away.
Add your comments below
|IS santee still a Racist Town? (Mar '08)||Feb 23||Whitey||140|
|Trump's Refugee Order Will Impact Aid Efforts i...||Jan 28||25or6to4||1|
|2 Teenagers Stabbed In El Cajon (May '06)||Jan '17||Ssg||349|
|History in ElCajon||Jan '17||NeldaLou||11|
|to many stinkyarabics in el cajon!! (Aug '09)||Jan '17||Capone||46|
|El cajon orphans gang (May '11)||Jan '17||Armando||44|
Find what you want!
Search Crest Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC