Arrests Made In 1994 Rancho San Diego Slaying

Full story: NBC San Diego

Police said Monday they have made two arrests in the 1994 slaying of a 24-year-old Rancho San Diego man.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,434
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
nasser haisha

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

i known franswa shammam for years now and i now he would never be involved with this sort of act. I am a close to his family and this is wrong that he is even being put in this situation. i hope that the law enforcment can find something to get him out of jail because that is not where he belongs
Lakeside gal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

Judged:

It is sad that both of these men turned their lives around and both have families and lifes that are going to be ruined by this. Jeremy grew up without a father and now his children will be growing up without one. Its all so sad for everyone involved including the murder victim and his family.
Dont worry kay

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

Judged:

OH REALLY!!!!!!! Were you there when it happened?? how are you so sure of yourself. Let the police do their job and calm down on the language dude...
John Q Public

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

Judged:

Anyone who says that Franswa Shamman definitely didn't do this is naive. You can't make a valid comment either way unless you were there or you know all the evidence. Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't. It seems clear that he was there when the guy was shot and he hasn't come forth in all these years even if he didn't do it. That makes him an accomplice which would make him guilty of first degree murder whether he pulled the trigger or not. The whole case should be interesting. He was charged with First Degree murder, murder using a firearm, special circumstance "laying in waiting" murder (they waited til the guy came home allegedly, and torture before the murder. Pretty scary stuff!

It should be interesting how this all turns out.
A RULE

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

If he didnt do it, why didn't he come forth? I guess maybe when you're 17 it's scary and pretty hard to man up especially when using drugs... what I wanna know is what has gone through his mind all these years? guilt? is it enough to get away with murder. If he did pull the trigger,and there's evidence supporting it then, he needs to pay for this horrible crime, but if he was just an accomplice then he needs to help the D.A's office as much as possible and say the whole truth and they will work out a deal. It's so interesting for people like us to comment so easily on such an event, where everyone involved especially the family of the victim are probably suffering.
Chaldean

Santee, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

Hey Lakeside Gal and John Q, where are you guys getting this info from? The only articles I can find are the short paragraphs saying they have been arrested and charged, everywhere I look there is no more info about this case? Is there something I am missing?? BTW, just to let you all know, the Sheriff, Fugitive Task Force, and Cold Case Investigators are involved in this, they would never re-open a case like this after this long if they did not have the right people. It doesnt take a brain genius to know this. The only thing these two morons should be doing right now is thanking god for giving them freedom for 14 years. Justice will be served. David shall finally R.I.P.
John Q Public

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

I got the info on the charges from the Sheriff departments web site . You can search the "who's in jail" section and his name will come up. THen you can also get the charges emailed to you.

I agree that it is doubtful that the Sheriff, Fugitive task force and Cold Case Investigator's would never make the arrest unless they are pretty sure but let's let the courts decide. Unless someone was there during the scene of the crime, no one really knows!
Reality

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

The reality is that Franswa and Alan have been arrested for murder. They have not been found guilty of anything. Queen, you seem to know that Franswa was a murderer. How are you so sure? Were you there? Were you an accomplice? The fact is that our legal system arrests people based on suspicion, not on the basis of guilt. It is an imperfect system that convicts people even when they are innocent (google Timothy Atkins, John Marsh and John Stoll to name a few). Now people want to say that these men are murderers on the basis of an arrest? The fact is I know Franswa. I know him now and I knew him 14 years ago. I do not think he is capable of commiting this crime and am confident that his name will be cleared when it is all said and done. But the question that remains is how will you sleep at night with the guilt of knowing that you accused an innocent man of a crime that he did not commit? You may be better off witholding your opinion of who is a murderer until that opinion is based in fact.
To the Haters

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

keep your opinions to yourselves and get back to your own lives. no ones cares about your comments. you are worse then the criminals. God did not raise you like this.
John Q Public

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Since when is it wrong to give an opinion? What is this, China?????

I agree that we should look upon him as innocent until proven guilty. But let's face it, the VAST majority of people charged are guilty. In all probability, he is guilty but that is for the justice system to determine. I can guarantee you that most people that are proven guilty and convicted of a crime have friends and family that swear up and down that their friend/relative was "not capable of doing it." In any event, the whole point of a forum like this is for discussion, including opinion. If you don't like the opinion, ignore it!

To TO THE HATERS....if you think that someone who is giving their opinion is worse than the criminals, it is you that have the problem! You are just acting on emotion because you probably know Franswa. That is fine that you are defending him, just get off your high horse and stop admonishing people for giving their opinion which, last time I checked...is one of the rights we have in the U.S.
erika

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

I have known Franswa for a long time, and we dated. he was really weird and selfish, I dont think he's capable of murder, but you never know....on the other hand, his family are really nice people especially his sister
Rachel

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

INNONCENT until proven guilty. Why don't you stop blaming the family. The ones saying there unethical in the business field are the ones who were probably unethical and got fired. Get over yourself. If Franswa did it or not who knows it for the courts to decide. The victims family needs closure and I hope they get it but I hope its not at the expense of someone who is innocent. This could be happen to anyone. It could be your brother, sister, cousin, or friend. Think twice before you say something hateful.
paul felenczak

Beaumont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

Reality wrote:
The reality is that Franswa and Alan have been arrested for murder. They have not been found guilty of anything. Queen, you seem to know that Franswa was a murderer. How are you so sure? Were you there? Were you an accomplice? The fact is that our legal system arrests people based on suspicion, not on the basis of guilt. It is an imperfect system that convicts people even when they are innocent (google Timothy Atkins, John Marsh and John Stoll to name a few). Now people want to say that these men are murderers on the basis of an arrest? The fact is I know Franswa. I know him now and I knew him 14 years ago. I do not think he is capable of commiting this crime and am confident that his name will be cleared when it is all said and done. But the question that remains is how will you sleep at night with the guilt of knowing that you accused an innocent man of a crime that he did not commit? You may be better off witholding your opinion of who is a murderer until that opinion is based in fact.
Orrrrrrrrr, maybe you don't know him at all. I mean, if he IS guilty how will you sleep at night knowing you've been friends with a murderer for all these years.

If you want everyone to hold off on their opinion perhaps you should have heeded you own advice and done the same.

And what exactly is an opinion based in fact. Once the facts are known ALL opinions are moot.
John Q Public

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

Reading the board, it is apparent some people liked him, some didn't. Some people liked his family, some didn't. Who gives a rats ass? Only one person TRULY knows Franswa and that is Franswa. Did anyone know what he was like back in 1994? Was he into drugs? Does anyone know a possible motive? Who is this other guy that was also arrested? How was this case cracked after all these years? Did someone come forward?
anna

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

You know what's really curious? Why isn't any one really talking about the other person arrested for this. He was arrested 3 days prior to Franswa being arrested. Jeremy Wessels. Why isn't anyone talking about him? Seems like he may have been the rat. What do you think?
John Q Public

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

yes it is odd that no one talks about Jeremy Wessels. Does anyone know him or of him? It seems like if he was arrested first on Friday that maybe he was the rat. You would think that if Franswa was wanted for arrest on that day, they would have gotten him then too. It's not like he was hiding out or something. it seems reasonable that Wessels may have ratted on him.
erika

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

The reason we started talking about him because the 1st comment was made about him....I believe Jeremy was the rat since he had bail and Franswa didnt. I would love to know how the investigators cracked the case, and I hope justice will be served
John Q Public

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

CORRECTION...Judging by the Press Release that the Sheriffs office put out, arrest warrants were issued for both men at the same time which would refute the thought that Wessels was the rat.
John Q Public

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

MORE INFO...Judging by the charges for each one of them, it at least SEEMS like Franswa is considered the one who actually used the gun. Wessels was only charged with 1st degree murder and had $2,000,000 bail. Franswa has no bail and was charged on several counts including First degree murder, use of a firearm, special circumstance laying in waiting, and special circumstances having to do with torture. Those are the charges as I researched them (subject to error) but, again, who knows what the real truth is. It just seems evident that the police think Franswa actually was the one who did it based upon the charges. It may well be that Wessels had similar charges but that they were dropped when he first went to court. I am not an expert on these things but am just going on info I find on-line. Also, I noticed Wessels is going to the court in El Cajon while Franswa is going to juvenile court.
John Q Public

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Sorry to keep posting but I mentioned special circumstance of torture. There are 2 special circumstances Franswa is charged with including the "lying in waiting" charge but I may be wrong on the "torture" one. There is a 2nd special circumstance but, the way the code is written in the charges, it is hard to say which one. It does bear noting that Wessels does NOT have either of those special circumstances charges currently or the firearms charge. Either special circumstance Franswa is charged with, IF convicted of those charges, requires at least a life sentence without the possibility of parole. I got all that info from the CA penal code.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,434
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crest Discussions

Search the Crest Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 25 min Bruno 200,213
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) 43 min Uppercut 2,221
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 2 hr Peter 7,812
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 4 hr Go Play 4,846
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 6 hr This topics peaked 15,911
IS santee still a Racist Town? (Mar '08) Jul 4 Carlo 99
26 Animals Rescued From Squalid Home (Apr '08) Jul 2 nathaniel green 16
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for San Diego County was issued at July 11 at 8:54PM PDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Crest Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Crest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••