Beware! Capital Growth Planning in El Cajon Empties Wallets!

Posted in the Crest Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jim M

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

I went to Capital Growth Planning, Incorporated a few years ago. Walt Miller attended my investment.
I lost a bundle .
Look out for this company...I think it may be another ponzi scheme!
Joe E Griffin CLU ChFC

Callahan, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2011

Judged:

Can't get CGP to answer a simple question. Is Walter Miller or any member of the CGP Board or staff related to Edward Miller or his wife Helen Dorsey Miller of White Springs Florida. Its a simple question when one is dealing with 100 Million dollars. But CGP won't answer it. Maybe they are corrks like Jim M of Eureka, CA suggests.
Capital Growth Planning

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2011

Jim M wrote:
I went to Capital Growth Planning, Incorporated a few years ago. Walt Miller attended my investment.
I lost a bundle .
Look out for this company...I think it may be another ponzi scheme!
Hi Jim:

I am a fellow investor and would like to speak with you about CGP. Please contact me at gilgamesh.2010@hotmail.com.

Thanks!
chuck in milwaukee

Port Washington, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

This bunch never answers questions. We were foolish enough to invest in their "secured lednder's trusts"--the only security we had was that we won't get paid. They also had one of thier "funds" nixed by the St of Ca--investors believed that their money was backed by govt bonds. We tried to alert their investors, but didn't have much luck.
Capital Growth Planning

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Judged:

Please contact me with your comments, I am interested in filing a lawsuit to put these guys out of business for good.

gilgamesh.2010@hotmail.com
Just Curious

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

What type of investment(s) did you have with Capital Growth Planning? Did you invest $$ directly with them?
Have you submitted a written complaint to the firm and/or FINRA?( www.finra.org ).
Walt -Shifty- Miller

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2011

Judged:

CGPI: Cashing-in on Gullible People, Inc
If "investment" means total loss then you found the right group to rip you off. They want your money and have no intention of paying you back. Their word, contracts and signatures mean absolutely nothing.
chuck bradley

Kalispell, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2012

Alas, I have been taken by these folks, too. More than several very poor investments - including CGP stock and notes. Does anyone have any info on the John Thomas Bridge and Opportunity Fund (now called the Patriot Fund) which has been overseen by a guy named George Jarkesy. This "fund" was doing quite well until Jarkesy invested practically all the funds in a fly-by-night coal company near Salt Lake City in which he was involved.
Jim Gilly

Fairfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

Are you serious? I mean Serious? I've counted on Doug Miller since I invested over 10 years ago.Please tell me his Europe Trip was for real and not just empty talk.
E C lil Wolfie

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2012

Sometimes being broke is a good thing. Come on, try it !
Greg

Ladera Ranch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

Bottom line. We need to sue these people. The trip to Europe did not produce results.
lilmoman

Aptos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2012

Judged:

If you have SOLID PROOF of abuse about these guys, PLEASE send it to me. I have the resources to pursue them and have stock in CGP.

lilmoman at Gee Male dot com.
Greg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

lilmoman wrote:
If you have SOLID PROOF of abuse about these guys, PLEASE send it to me. I have the resources to pursue them and have stock in CGP.
lilmoman at Gee Male dot com.
You mean the fact that these people took our money and have not repaid the CLA loans? Or that they issued worthless stock certificates that never went public? These people deserve to go to jail.
lilmoman

Aptos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Greg wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the fact that these people took our money and have not repaid the CLA loans? Or that they issued worthless stock certificates that never went public? These people deserve to go to jail.
I (again) put out my request. No more WHINING about losing money. Please Tell Me "specifically" what action steps they performed that violated laws...! Only with THIS can I move forward.... Let me know..
Douglas Miller CEO

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Joe E Griffin CLU ChFC wrote:
Can't get CGP to answer a simple question. Is Walter Miller or any member of the CGP Board or staff related to Edward Miller or his wife Helen Dorsey Miller of White Springs Florida. Its a simple question when one is dealing with 100 Million dollars. But CGP won't answer it. Maybe they are corrks like Jim M of Eureka, CA suggests.
No member of CGP is related in anyway to Ed Miller of White Springs FL.
Brad

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

These guys have been promoting that they can raise funds for 3 years now and have delivered nothing but empty promises. They take stock in a company on the fact they can raise Hundred of Millions for your company based on your business plan. They always tell you they are 30 to 60 days away from getting the funding deal done. The 30 days go by and then they tell you its another 30 days. I don't think anyone is drinking the Cool-Aid or believing their BS they put out for the last year. I've been working with a Medical Devices Company that is using their services on getting the project funded and its always the same story from the Board of directors about CGP. Looks like they might be using the company or other companies to attract investors to putting funds on the companies in portfolio they have. I would be very interested if this is the case and I'm sure others would love to know more about CGP. Time to know more about what CGP is really doing here.
Wary Investor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

A few minutes with http://brokercheck.finra.org/Search/Search.as... will address your concerns.

You may find the detailed reports on the following very interesting:

Firm: CRD # 7779
Individual CRD # 708073
Individual CRD # 335720

Politely trust, enjoy any free dinner and drinks; never sign until after reading the fine print and performing due diligence.
lilmoman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2013

Greg,

If you can provide copies of the loan docs and/or stock certs; we can do something. I await your reply....

"You mean the fact that these people took our money and have not repaid the CLA loans? Or that they issued worthless stock certificates that never went public? "

My EM is lilmoman at gee male...
Mark Cobb Brandon FL

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Brad wrote:
These guys have been promoting that they can raise funds for 3 years now and have delivered nothing but empty promises. They take stock in a company on the fact they can raise Hundred of Millions for your company based on your business plan. They always tell you they are 30 to 60 days away from getting the funding deal done. The 30 days go by and then they tell you its another 30 days. I don't think anyone is drinking the Cool-Aid or believing their BS they put out for the last year. I've been working with a Medical Devices Company that is using their services on getting the project funded and its always the same story from the Board of directors about CGP. Looks like they might be using the company or other companies to attract investors to putting funds on the companies in portfolio they have. I would be very interested if this is the case and I'm sure others would love to know more about CGP. Time to know more about what CGP is really doing here.
I, Mark Cobb, President of Medical Devices, Inc., Brandon Florida, have been working with Capital Growth Planning, Inc. for several years and they have always been up front and forthright in their communications with us. I do not know who Brad is or where he got his information, but I can tell you categorically that Medical Devices, Inc. has a very good and long standing relationship with CGP, Doug Miller and his entire staff.
Mark Cobb Brandon FL

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2013

Judged:

I, Mark Cobb, President of Medical Devices, Inc., Brandon Florida, have been working with Capital Growth Planning, Inc. for several years and they have always been up front and forthright in their communications with us. I do not know who Brad is or where he got his information, but I can tell you categorically that Medical Devices, Inc. has a very good and long standing relationship with CGP, Doug Miller and his entire staff.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crest Discussions

Search the Crest Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 min Ronald 4,556
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr Beheheh 15,658
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Gomers 199,087
el cajon hoodlums gang becoming a problem (Nov '07) Apr 15 El Kabrone 427
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Apr 15 lug heads 7,298
xanax bars (Aug '13) Apr 14 kberry 6
Graves is haunted! (Aug '09) Apr 13 Caroline 33
•••
•••
•••
•••

Crest Jobs

•••
•••
•••