No big rigs on Angeles Crest Highway ...

No big rigs on Angeles Crest Highway for 90 days

There are 25 comments on the LA Daily News story from Apr 3, 2009, titled No big rigs on Angeles Crest Highway for 90 days. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Los Angeles County firefighters check out the driver of a semi driven by Marcos Costa after on April 1, 2009 in La Canada Flintridge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anamouse

Canyon Country, CA

#21 Apr 4, 2009
Get real, some big trucks are always going to need to use that road to deliver big equipment and perhaps even mobile homes in that area so you can't completely ban them.

Make it by permit only, and put up big signs just like we alredy do for weight limits and include a phone number so any trucker at the sign can call and get a permit just by giving authorities all the particulars on his truck and load.

If the penalty for not getting a permit is stiff enough, like confiscation of the truck and load, if a violation is discovered that might have been found at an inspection stop if he had use the highway, most truckers will stop using the road.

Also, make em wait for a permit at least 1/2 hour if they call from the sign. If the road doesn't save time, it won't even be worth using to beat traffic.

At least then deliveries to that are wouldn't be cut off.
La Canada man

Venice, CA

#22 Apr 4, 2009
Failing lived up to his name - no surprise.

sure cant say he wasn't warned .........
Chuck

Palmdale, CA

#23 Apr 4, 2009
CJH wrote:
Who, in their right mind, would take arig like that on a road like that? Common sense should be a required class in high school. And of course everyone pretends there is no problem until someone gets hurt or killed.
Common Sense is not Common!
alfonso guerrero

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Apr 4, 2009
i dont belive how they could blame the truck driver for everything. first of all, the truck driver is not from the area. second, his gps probaly took him through that area with out his knowledge of the conditions of the road. I feel bad for the people who died, but caltrans has the blame for this.
john logan

Hawthorne, CA

#25 Apr 4, 2009
this accident should not have happened at all where was the hwy patrol or other police on the hwy does anyone pay any attention to big rigs on Mt roads anylonger,,, the other on is Hwy
18 from crestine to big bear calif... this too should be a big rig free zone,,,, trucks can go thru the Lacerne valley to get to big bear and crestline the back way to get to arrowhead

when will caltrans wake up.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crest Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll IS santee still a Racist Town? (Mar '08) Jun 20 notgonnahappen 132
News Haunted: Jamul, California; Reported: August 31... (Oct '07) Jun 13 aqueen 51
Graves is haunted! (Aug '09) May '16 Just me 35
Poll Is Ken Rupe still an obnoxious a-hole (Dec '07) May '16 Jerry 31
News Vallejo City Council may cut waterfront develop... (Jun '08) Mar '16 JohanWeber 28
News Dead Kennedys bring their gold sound to Hemet (Jun '08) Nov '12 me was there 3
News RIVERSIDE: Grand opening set for Cellar Door Books (Nov '12) Nov '12 TERRILL BARBER 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crest Mortgages