Closter police department to be evalu...

Closter police department to be evaluated

There are 17 comments on the NorthJersey.com story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Closter police department to be evaluated. In it, NorthJersey.com reports that:

CLOSTER a ' The Police Department is inviting the public to give input to those who are evaluating the department for state accreditation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorthJersey.com.

David Shepelsky

Closter, NJ

#1 Feb 5, 2010
The police department itself is not bad.Most officers are polite and do their job.Only one officer ,badge #21 stands out as a rude individual ,no manners whatsoever .He should be a prison guard not a police officer in a city of Closter. He targeted my family ,gave my son tickets in my own driveway while my son was eating a sandwich with his door open.Officer claimed my son showed him his tongue,how mature .Officer #21 also followed my wife and when she pulled over in a driveway ran to her like a mad bull . When asked what is the problem he mumbled something about crossing a line and walked away. He also stopped me while there were three drops of rain coming down and told me to put on my lights ,when I responded that the lights are automatic he started yelling at me .He treats all residents like criminals and should be sent to sensitivity training.Shame on you officer #21.My lawyer is preparing a letter to police chief and mayor of our town describing his behavior .
kogk

Closter, NJ

#2 Mar 27, 2010
David Shepelsky wrote:
The police department itself is not bad.Most officers are polite and do their job.Only one officer ,badge #21 stands out as a rude individual ,no manners whatsoever .He should be a prison guard not a police officer in a city of Closter. He targeted my family ,gave my son tickets in my own driveway while my son was eating a sandwich with his door open.Officer claimed my son showed him his tongue,how mature .Officer #21 also followed my wife and when she pulled over in a driveway ran to her like a mad bull . When asked what is the problem he mumbled something about crossing a line and walked away. He also stopped me while there were three drops of rain coming down and told me to put on my lights ,when I responded that the lights are automatic he started yelling at me .He treats all residents like criminals and should be sent to sensitivity training.Shame on you officer #21.My lawyer is preparing a letter to police chief and mayor of our town describing his behavior .
Dave, up your med's. While your doing that, get a life.
town resident

Trenton, NJ

#3 Dec 14, 2010
Thomas Brueck is a very nasty police officer.
My meeting with him was truly un professional and threatening.
whatdidyoudo

Closter, NJ

#4 Feb 13, 2011
If you had a meeting with him, you must have done something wrong to begin with. Perhaps you didn't get the deal you were looking for.
commonsense

Monroe, NY

#5 May 15, 2011
honestly, the cops in closter are your generic, jocky jerkoffs with buzz cuts to match the status quo, and attitudes to match a New York City taxi driver (the worst of the worst). They probably never had true child hoods, or were the kids who bullied the other kids in high school and then had no one to put their force on afterwords, so they joined the police force. Cops intimidate me in general, as they should, but they should never call their victims names, as they did last night to me. I got pulled over for speeding, and the two cops came over to my car and laughed at me and called me "Peter Pan" and then they searched me. Why would a cop search someone if they were just speeding?

closter cops,
get your shit right. You're not doing your job, which is to protect- yet you are going OUT of your way to attack. fucking pieces of shit.
commonsense

Monroe, NY

#6 May 15, 2011
i really hope that the cops actually read this...
Richie

Cape Coral, FL

#7 May 17, 2011
David Shepelsky wrote:
It's sad that just a few give the other a bad rap. Although we no longer live in the area I think know the one guy you're referring to & he definitely needs some sensitivity training.
Rickie G-B

United States

#8 Aug 13, 2011
To the person who is bashing Officer Brueck. Thomas is one of the best people I have ever had the privilege to meet. Him and his family have helped me to a degree you will never be able imagine. He is a GREAT person. If he was harsh with you it was because you either needed it or you deserved it. I highly doubt he was harsh with you as I can not see him doing anything negative to anyone unless provoked. If you provoked him then shame on you for coming on here and bashing him.
Anon

New York, NY

#9 Sep 28, 2011
I think Aldo Guarino is a caring, sympathetic individual. He should be the model for the station.
David Shepelsky

Closter, NJ

#10 Dec 25, 2012
kogk wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are an idiot and for the record I have a great life and do not need to hear stupid crap from people like you .Perhaps you need a shrink and meds .And by the way I have reported the officer to IA.
Everybody

Norwood, NJ

#11 May 9, 2013
kogk wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you just need to die off already.
nj2liberal

Wayne, NJ

#12 Aug 19, 2013
I think sadly Closter PD like many small towns here in quite northern Bergen County are over paid.New York City
police should be paid much more.There is more crime in NYC.
They face danger every day.Really,all these local police up
here look for ridiculous things like expired registration or
excessive window tint.If you happen to be driving during the
weekend between 10 pm and 4 pm the odds maybe one in six
you have been drinking.I took a defensive driving course by
AARP. So these local yokal police figure even if you are
driving home from visiting grandma if they randomly stop
six cars they will catch someone who has been drinking.They
will pull you over even if you are not speeding or doing
anything wrong.That I feel is abuse of power.
Mike

Closter, NJ

#13 Feb 28, 2014
I had a run in with the guy I believe you are talking about tonight...He pulled my buddy over in front of my house, we are 2 18 year old teens, he pulled us over for one of the lights being out on our license plate. Intimidated us, trying to get us to give consent to search for no reason, there was nothing in the car, but it was the premise that it's my right and I did not believe he had any sort of suspicion, he then took my friend to the back and tried to manipulate him into signing the paper that gives him consent to search, told him if there was nothing to hide to sign the document, and kept insisting, then threatened to call dogs. I guess there wasn't enough suspicion, because he sat us there for an hour, and then had us test blinkers and gave my friend a charge for the license plate, having a "white blinker light"...we are in college, he should have better things to than give 18 year olds tickets and try and search our vehicle for literally no reason. The other officer who was with him was a wonderful guy though.
powertrip

Bronx, NY

#14 Sep 3, 2014
classic
Bob

Bradley Beach, NJ

#15 Mar 9, 2015
Closter police are criminals with badges
Anthony Scarpuzzi

Essex Fells, NJ

#16 May 6, 2016
I wasn't going to say anything, but, I wanted the public to know that they raped me in the cell at booking. Internal Affairs is currently undergoing an investigation at this. I am currently talking to a defense lawyer right now for a lawsuit. Yes, they are corrupt! They really need to be more closely monitored.
DumontClassof95

Dumont, NJ

#17 Thursday Jun 30
Anthony Scarpuzzi wrote:
I wasn't going to say anything, but, I wanted the public to know that they raped me in the cell at booking. Internal Affairs is currently undergoing an investigation at this. I am currently talking to a defense lawyer right now for a lawsuit. Yes, they are corrupt! They really need to be more closely monitored.
They still do "Giuliani time"? Disgusting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cresskill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gynecologist charged with sexual abuse against ... (Jun '14) Jul 21 pailrider 30
Lawsuits Jun 30 DumontClassof95 2
George t muro Jun 30 DumontClassof95 3
Persiles boat lunch Pa. Jun '16 jerry 2
Glamour Gourmet Cooking Event May '16 zenlivingevents 1
Lenora klien Mar '16 U know 1
News H.S. boys golf: Rabin, Saddle River Day victorious (May '15) May '15 stewart scott 2

Cresskill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cresskill Mortgages