What To Do In The Case Of A Work Injury

What To Do In The Case Of A Work Injury

Posted in the Creole Forum

Personal Injury Lawyers

Metairie, LA

#1 Jan 29, 2014
No matter where you work, whether your employer is a factory, plant, skyscraper, or storefront, you may be injured on the job. Most companies have their own protocols for reporting and treating a work injury, and you should adhere to your employer's policies.
Here are 3 steps to keep in mind if you are an employee:
Seek Medical Treatment Immediately
At the first sign of sickness or the occurrence of an injury, seek medical treatment. Even slight symptoms can sometimes prove to be something more serious. Medical treatment will help you to treat the sickness or injury so that you can get better. Having a doctor examine you will also begin a medical paper trail documenting your injury or illness, should it prove to be work-related. Your doctor also will help to determine cause of the injury or illness.

Report The Injury
The moment you suspect that your injury or illness is related to your work, you should report it to your supervisor or employer. This documents that your injury or illness is related to your place of work if that is the case. It also aids in filing for workers' compensation or other benefits due to you in the case of a work-related injury or illness. In many states, to receive workers compensation you must report your injury within 30 days of the incident that caused it (or in cases of work-related illness within 2 years). In addition, make your spouse or relatives aware of this so that should you have a serious injury that prevents you from reporting it yourself, your family member can do so instead. Early reporting can also help to stop an injury or illness from progressing and may keep other employees from becoming ill or being injured from the same cause. Reporting the incident or illness will also let your employer know that a certain aspect of the environment or business needs to be addressed to avoid further injury or illness.

Call Your Lawyer
Attorneys specializing in recovering for workplace injuries can make the process of making a claim relating to your injury less stressful. It is comforting to have someone on your side who knows your rights and how to protect them.
Baggett McCall has been protecting the rights of all workers, especially industrial workers exposed to petrochemicals and manufacturing processes, for over 50 years. Choose your lawyer carefully!

For more legal news and advice www.baggettmccall.com

Provo, UT

#2 Sep 14, 2016
A few years ago, I got injured at work and failed to report it for a few days. Because I didn't report it, it was difficult to get a claim set up. Because of my experience, I would definitely advise that you report it immediately. Then, I'd recommend seeing a doctor before going straight to a lawyer, but do that right afterwards if the doctor says it will keep you from working. http://gbmcomplaw.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creole Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prien Music Emporium (Oct '12) Apr 17 Musikologist 16
School for 4 year old Apr 11 Itsme 1
Apartment Searching (Oct '15) Apr 1 TipsyFromCentralC... 2
Any updates on the Bryan Davis murder case? (Oct '10) Feb '18 Lilac St Cyr 124
Lapd Feb '18 HAYIIII 2
Motorcycle Clubs (Jan '12) Feb '18 RedandBlack-Lake ... 17
How does an abled body person work for Medicaid? Feb '18 Rorer714 1

Creole Jobs

Personal Finance

Creole Mortgages