Polarizing Political View Points

Posted in the Creighton Forum

First Prev
of 89
Next Last
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Dec 12, 2010
TARIFF "A list or system of Taxes placed by a government apon.Imports or Exports..
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Dec 13, 2010
Desperate times for meany,not for all,but times are desperate for so meany.And desperate times call for desperate measures under our Laws.I`ve got one word TARIFFS on all imports its the only way to level the playing field.The few American business`s & manufacture`s left can not compeat with cheap imports.
The big box retailer have become so very rich at the expence,of the American people-business and manufactures.Who are the real job base of America.
The amount of money that a Tariff Tax on imports will generate,is so large,the numbers are overwhelming,enough to fix ever thing and enough lefe over,to aply the Mmarshel Plan here in America...
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#3 Dec 13, 2010
Corection The Marshall Plan.
Vernon Guy

New Castle, PA

#4 Dec 14, 2010
Quick question, if we taxed imports would the company overseas pay the taxes or would they just increase the price of the import? And if they raised the price of the import and we still had the same amount of money as we had before wouldn't we just be forced to buy less?
I might be wrong but from a supply and demand business point of view I would just increase the cost of my over seas goods to soak up most of the cost of the tariff but still keep it slightly under the price of the American competitors so I could still make money. And if the margin was too slim I would look to a new market to sell my goods.
Let me know if I am wrong.
Chuck C

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Dec 14, 2010
Vernon Guy wrote:
Quick question, if we taxed imports would the company overseas pay the taxes or would they just increase the price of the import? And if they raised the price of the import and we still had the same amount of money as we had before wouldn't we just be forced to buy less?
I might be wrong but from a supply and demand business point of view I would just increase the cost of my over seas goods to soak up most of the cost of the tariff but still keep it slightly under the price of the American competitors so I could still make money. And if the margin was too slim I would look to a new market to sell my goods.
Let me know if I am wrong.
NO you are not wrong,about some of it.We are in a hole,and diging out of it is not going to be easy or nice.Yes the price of imports will go up.A Tariff Tax will be payed in part by the salers of imports,and the rest by us buyer.The idia,tax imports to match US good.Before there are no more American manufactures left.All so we all must stop are crazy spending.The rest of the world is not on are side,Tariff taxs work on exports all so.These are hards and desperate times.And we have the most importent Commodity in the world.We the american people have been bleed of our wealth by these imported goods and miss management,by our goverment enough is enough,we must do what ever it takes under are laws,to protect are country and are money.Our Commodity and last hope,this is hard but true,,FOOD.We must start charging a high Tariff Tax on the exports of food leaveing this country...
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Dec 15, 2010
Are country is headed down a slippery road,and if something isn`t done soon I mean real soon.We may as well piss on the fire,because the hunt will be over.
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#7 Dec 15, 2010
My fear is our country is entering fast into a Depressoin,A DEPRESSION that will make the 1930`s,look like childs play..Even if you have got money put away,it will not help in this type of deprivation.So just set back and keep thinking things will work out.And the goverment can and will turn things around and take care of us..No one voice,can be heard,no one back can bear the weight...
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#8 Dec 15, 2010
And if some of you think I know,less than I think I Know,later today I`ll tell a little more about how and why I know what I know..
Funky Winkerbean

Morrisville, PA

#9 Dec 16, 2010
Ok, I'll rise to the bait.

Can you say, "Herbert Hoover"? Can you say, Smoot-Hawley?

http://www.economist.com/node/12798595...
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#10 Dec 16, 2010
Funky Winkerbean wrote:
Ok, I'll rise to the bait.
Can you say, "Herbert Hoover"? Can you say, Smoot-Hawley?
http://www.economist.com/node/12798595...
Number one we are no longer on the gold standered,the out flow of our money must be stop or slowed down,by any means possable.This is a different time and a different problem.Have you seen the contaner ships arriving full and leaving with empty.Boxs.NAFTA.And Free trade,has been good,for America I ask you????????Got a better idea or ideology Do we agree are country is in trouble??Info. us I think we are all open for input..
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Dec 16, 2010
Borrwing more money from the Chinese Communist,is better than taxing there imports..Please..Borrowing 2-paying back-4 or charging-3..........and borrowing o Dollars What is better??
Funky Winkerbean

Morrisville, PA

#12 Dec 16, 2010
Are we REALLY open for input?????????

Know history or we are bound to repeat it.

different time ... same issue. If I put a tariff on you then it's human nature that you will put one on me. Pretty soon we have a trade war and everyone is worse off because imports drop but exports drop even more.

By the way -- The container ships don't leave empty. Those containers are still here. Let's use them to build houses for the poor and put people back to work doing it.:-)
Chuck C

Boca Raton, FL

#13 Dec 16, 2010
Funky Winkerbean wrote:
Are we REALLY open for input?????????
Know history or we are bound to repeat it.
different time ... same issue. If I put a tariff on you then it's human nature that you will put one on me. Pretty soon we have a trade war and everyone is worse off because imports drop but exports drop even more.
By the way -- The container ships don't leave empty. Those containers are still here. Let's use them to build houses for the poor and put people back to work doing it.:-)
Not true,Most of the tariff will be payed by the big box retailer corps.That have got so very rich at the expence of America`s people business and manufactures.true imports prices will go up,and slow down are carzy spending.once more I ask what is better,taxing there imports,or borrowing money from the Chinese Communist?That we have been taxed all of are lives,to contain,and keep out of here!!! And what about all the GI`s That died.To me I think we need to do what is right...
Richard

Eagle, ID

#14 Dec 16, 2010
Chuck C wrote:
<quoted text>NO you are not wrong,about some of it.We are in a hole,and diging out of it is not going to be easy or nice.Yes the price of imports will go up.A Tariff Tax will be payed in part by the salers of imports,and the rest by us buyer.The idia,tax imports to match US good.Before there are no more American manufactures left.All so we all must stop are crazy spending.The rest of the world is not on are side,Tariff taxs work on exports all so.These are hards and desperate times.And we have the most importent Commodity in the world.We the american people have been bleed of our wealth by these imported goods and miss management,by our goverment enough is enough,we must do what ever it takes under are laws,to protect are country and are money.Our Commodity and last hope,this is hard but true,,FOOD.We must start charging a high Tariff Tax on the exports of food leaveing this country...
Well C.C. I CAN SUM THIS DISCUSSION UP IN A HURRY IT DOESN'T MATTER MY FRIEND OUR DOLLAR IS WORTH PRACTICALLY NOTHING ANYMORE THATS THE REAL PROBLEM WE HAVE AS WELL AS DEBT.------RICH====.
KenHi61

Morrisville, PA

#15 Dec 16, 2010
Ah welcome Rich! you can have my seat at the table in this debate(?). CC is operating in an alternate reality universe on this one. I'm out.
Richard

Eagle, ID

#16 Dec 16, 2010
KenHi61 wrote:
Ah welcome Rich! you can have my seat at the table in this debate(?). CC is operating in an alternate reality universe on this one. I'm out.
Well Arizona i guess that we all earned the right to free speech one way or another.=====RICH=====.
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#17 Dec 16, 2010
KenHi61 wrote:
Ah welcome Rich! you can have my seat at the table in this debate(?). CC is operating in an alternate reality universe on this one. I'm out.
Go down to the Viet-nam Veterans Monument Wall on the Washington mall and say to all those names it is O.K. to borrow money from the Communitist,then go over to the Korean War monument and say to them it`s O.K. to borrow money from the Chinese Communitist.But it`s not O.K. to put a Tariff Tax on there exports that enter into the U.S.A.And then go home and go back to sleep,and when the nite mirrors of all those souls,look at you for not remembering.I`ll sleep in peace in my realty..C.C.
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#18 Dec 16, 2010
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>Well C.C. I CAN SUM THIS DISCUSSION UP IN A HURRY IT DOESN'T MATTER MY FRIEND OUR DOLLAR IS WORTH PRACTICALLY NOTHING ANYMORE THATS THE REAL PROBLEM WE HAVE AS WELL AS DEBT.------RICH====.
Hi Rich..Take a Roller Coster on line ride,Google WDC forum& polls State Dept.Capital Hill and any other place they all have Forum& polls Express rides Google have fun...C.C.
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#19 Dec 16, 2010
New Ken.Kenners are sleeping The rest of the country will love your input Questoins & statments,Talk later old buddy...C.C.
One of You

Boca Raton, FL

#20 Dec 16, 2010
BY the way Big Richard when trickie Dick N.took the dollar off the gold standard gold was 37.00 dollars a OZ.now it`s over a 1,000.00 dollars a OZ.WDC waiting to hear you pich a bich.Get that done and you got your dall of a dollar back..C.C.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 89
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Creighton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remember New Ken nightlife (Aug '07) Tue SAB 9,726
Big Al's Diner - New Kensington/ Kinloch (Aug '10) Jan 24 Old Kinlocher 7
Cops: Suspect stopped for chicken and biscuits ... Jan 16 easy 5
"Mail Call" (Oct '13) Jan 15 Richard 108
What to girls think when guys get boners next t... Jan 8 LucasStelle 1
Valley High School aide accused of sex with stu... Jan 7 Al Cowlings 2
New Ken from Bouquet Hill (Aug '09) Jan 3 easy 4
Creighton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Creighton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM
Jimmy Haslam: Browns have to get a QB in 2015
Bleacher Report 9:17 AM
Jimmy Haslam Speaks on Browns' 2015 QB Situation
Bleacher Report12:23 PM
Manziel's Teammates Discuss QB's Rookie Season
Yahoo! Sports12:24 PM
Report: Cleveland Browns 'wrecked' by Johnny Manziel's rookie season
NBC Sports12:46 PM
Teammate: Manziel was a "100 percent joke" as a rookie