Salon has old name, new services

Oct 11, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Journal Review

“We're out to be servants and to serve other people”

The 106 Salon in Waynetown might have kept its old name, but it is far from the same salon Martha Perkins operated for 19 years. via The Journal Review

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
D Thrall

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

Judged:

I was raised in Waynetown
I love Google earth was able to see The beauty shop is still there & the buildings uptown of where Yerkees furniture Richardson hardware ect..used to be just great to know that the town remains the same I love that
All of you that live there do not know how lucky you are
I am in Vancouver WA & I am so sick of the urban spraul to where you can look from the road & see a beautiful veiw for miles on end
I would love to retire back home
Peace be with you all
Do you still have the Waynetown fish fry?
Just Me

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2009

We just moved here in August of 2008 and the fish fry was the first event we attended after getting settled in. You are right, this little town is awesome and I love the old buildings even if a couple are in a bit of disrepair. Our house was built in 1894 and used to be a funeral home. In the Google earth satellite pictures the carriage barn is still standing but as of August 08 it was burned down and removed because of serious safety issues.
Me Too_ Just

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Just Me wrote:
We just moved here in August of 2008 and the fish fry was the first event we attended after getting settled in. You are right, this little town is awesome and I love the old buildings even if a couple are in a bit of disrepair. Our house was built in 1894 and used to be a funeral home. In the Google earth satellite pictures the carriage barn is still standing but as of August 08 it was burned down and removed because of serious safety issues.
I'm glad to hear that you like your new home and community. Hopefully, you will always like it.
Petie

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Judged:

Waynetown IN Is one of the best places to raise children
In the 70s there were so many families that had children & it was a fun time everyone
Everyone new each other & looked out for each other
The summers were the best too
The community provided swimming lessons for all the kids at the pool & the splash parties for all older teenagers
There was a recreation hall too & Karate classes
Those were the best of times
The school was the best too
The Waynetown Fish Fry was the best it was right on the town square & Oh my the food was delicious
Enjoy your home & the peace that you find there
Cheryl Bunnell

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

I was born in Waynetown and lived there until I was 5 and my grandparents lived there all their lives. It is a delightful little town and I have such fond memories. The coolest thing there when I was growing up (besides the fish fry) was the "big rock" right on the main drag. Boy, if you could make it to the top of that rock you were the coolest in all of Waynetown. Wonder why it now looks like such a little rock???? My grandparents home was right next door to the Servies Funeral Home. I wonder if that is where the other poster is living now?
Just Me

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Cheryl My home is the old Servies Funeral Home.
Greg

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

My family moved from Waynetown in 69. My Grandparents lived there so I spent summers there and was there on all school breaks. I moved back to the area in 88 to work. It has always been home. Even though I have moved away again I will always remember the times growing up in Waynetown.
My grandparents had a farm out off 25 N. On the first road to the left past 74. We sure had some good times growing up out there. There were always things for my cousins and me to get into. As we got older we would ride bikes onto town. That was the big time then.
We went to the Baptist Church even though my Uncle was the preacher at the Christian Church. Always made it there for the fish fry. Spent many days at the pool. The pool was in the backyard of the house I lived in when I was very young. My Dad taught 'lifesaving and water safety' there in the 60s.( course it took to be a red cross certified lifeguard) so I learned to swim there.
I remember the Richardson Hardware which Frosty Richardson owned. The corner drugstore. The old restaurant. The grocery store. Lippy Harris' barber shop.....
Those were the days.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crawfordsville Discussions

Search the Crawfordsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Job in area 49 min needinajob 1
Fireworks Wed squeezers 4
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun 29 Lord Hater 92
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun 27 Go Blue Forever 1,302
Forum sucks....period (Dec '11) Jun 20 The Fuze 18
Eric Cantor Jun 11 Lisa 1
indiana childrens christian home (Aug '09) Jun '14 Dan k 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Crawfordsville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••