Alcohol campaign faces an uphill battle

Alcohol campaign faces an uphill battle

There are 6 comments on the Indianapolis Star story from Jun 29, 2010, titled Alcohol campaign faces an uphill battle. In it, Indianapolis Star reports that:

While Hoosiers gear up for Sunday's Fourth of July festivities, a local alliance says there is one thing they shouldn't have to plan for -- their alcohol purchases.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indianapolis Star.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#1 Jun 29, 2010
You know, I barely drink at all. But the reasoning on this is ridiculous. Alcohol is not a "controlled substance"; illegal drugs are. You can own as much liquor as you want as long as you are an adult. You can buy cigarettes on sunday; cigarettes are inherently more dangerous than alcohol.

If I want to make beef bourgingone on a sunday, I either have to plan ahead or forget about it. Why? Red wine being available on sunday is not going to destroy civilization; many states allow liquor sales all week long.

The funniest argument was the store owner complaining that she might have to pay someone to do business on sundays. It's called DOING BUSINESS; deal with it.
Travel Fan

United States

#2 Jul 2, 2010
Ah, cpeter, but COLD beer is the chink in the wall that will destroy the state.
Travel Fan

United States

#3 Jul 2, 2010
Let's move on to buying a car on Sunday in Indiana. Where are all the sales folks? It's my only day off!
Driver 1

Willowbrook, IL

#4 Jul 2, 2010
Travel Fan wrote:
Let's move on to buying a car on Sunday in Indiana. Where are all the sales folks? It's my only day off!
Their's too!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#5 Jul 2, 2010
Any state that can be destroyed by cold beer (something I loathe, btw) deserves to be destroyed. And its residents would have good reason to drink to excess. It's bad enough we're called "hoosiers". We should probably change the name of the state to "Hoose" so the word has some kind of meaning.
Travel Fan wrote:
Ah, cpeter, but COLD beer is the chink in the wall that will destroy the state.
L G B

Chicago, IL

#6 Jul 23, 2010
INSTEAD OF BUYING ONE OR TWO ON SUNDAY, BUY A WHOLE CASE ON SAT. FOR THE WEEKEND. PARTEEEEEEE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crawfordsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thomas witt Mar 23 Badbone 1
indiana childrens christian home (Aug '09) Mar 22 Jerry lynch 52
Sarah Brissey Cox Mar 21 Hahaha 1
Indiana Children's Christian Home (Jun '12) Mar 18 Tena 7
Who snitched on who Feb '17 luckyday 1
News Ladoga Academy wants to meet neighbors (Jul '08) Feb '17 destini vinson 145
Good Doctor Jan '17 Newby 1

Crawfordsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Crawfordsville Mortgages