'Idol' voters hold on to Indiana singers

The Hoosier two have survived to sing another week on "American Idol." Mulberry's Amanda Overmyer and Luke Menard of Crawfordsville have made it to the next round and survived America's voting Thursday night. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis

#1 Feb 29, 2008
"I was scared for a minute. I think they did that for shock value," said Katy Gentry, who went to Crawfordsville High School and sung in show choir with Menard.

I know this is her friend, but Overmyer was one of the worst of the female singers, THAT would be why she was in the bottom two, I doubt shock value had anything to do with it. Same goes for Menard.

I'd like to see both of them do well on the show, but lets be realistic, they're not in the top ten of all of the remaining contestants.
Lucky Overmyer

Avon, IN

#2 Feb 29, 2008
She needs to soften up a little or she'll be next.

The number do not lie,she's too hard for a little girl.
Patsy Davis

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Feb 29, 2008
If anyone should be gone it is Overmeyer.Each season there are good people who can really sing that get sent home, while others who can't stay and deprive the ones that can the opportunity to go the distance. If all it takes is for someone to get on stage and scream,then we all should be American Idols.
Damon

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Feb 29, 2008
Patsy you are a fool that girl is the most talented singer of the entire group. She is gonna be the female Daughtry, she will finish in the Top 5 and have the best career of all of them.
Damon is tone deaf

Avon, IN

#5 Feb 29, 2008
Damon wrote:
Patsy you are a fool that girl is the most talented singer of the entire group. She is gonna be the female Daughtry, she will finish in the Top 5 and have the best career of all of them.
Daughtry and Amanda may have a similar edge about them but there is a big difference. Daughtry can sing.
George

AOL

#6 Feb 29, 2008
Scary Mary should be gone. Maybe people are afraid she will put a heck on them if they vote her off.
Gman

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Feb 29, 2008
Damon wrote:
That is either a joke or you are a good friend of Overmeyer's...which I can respect. But come on. She was terrible this week. I hate to say it, but she is one-dimensional. She is great at the raspy bluesy sound, but that is it. She kinda looked foolish and uncomfortable up there this week.
Just me

AOL

#8 Feb 29, 2008
I think the screaming skunk needs to go. The only reason she's still on is because she rides a Harley and that's "cool". Anyone who's ever had a Harley, has one now or wants one probably voted for her and that's what kept her there. I know that sounds crazy but think about it..........I can't think of any reason she didn't get eliminated.
ho hum

Milwaukee, WI

#9 Feb 29, 2008
What's it matter? Little Archuleta is the next American Idol?

Since: Oct 07

Brewerton, NY

#10 Feb 29, 2008
Damon wrote:
Not if she sings songs like she did this week....

Even on the results show she was stuck with the wrong song for her.
The Centipede

Mooresville, IN

#11 Feb 29, 2008
She should get rid of the "101 Dalmations" haircut!
Patsy Davis

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Feb 29, 2008
Damon: I beg to differ. The girl can't sing. Take her out of her element, and she's lost. I agree with George. Scary Mary needs to go.
RANT

Avon, IN

#13 Feb 29, 2008
She needs to stick to janis joplin type stuff. Her voice is way to raspy to try any teeny bop BS.
and

Newark, OH

#14 Feb 29, 2008
Damon wrote:
ha! what are you smoking? she isnt that good. she only knows how to sing one way. her performance was awful. her hair looked like crewella develle or however you spell the damn thing.
skywaitress

Circleville, OH

#15 Feb 29, 2008
Amanda Overmyer should thank her lucky stars that she is still around. She is bad, and sure can't sing. It is only a matter of time before she will be exiting. Her wild hair and clothes are enough to gag a magot!
Bill Clinton

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Feb 29, 2008
I have a better idea. Learn more about the presidential candidates and worry more about the direction our country will take this November.
Not so reformed

Chicago, IL

#17 Feb 29, 2008
Bill Clinton wrote:
I have a better idea. Learn more about the presidential candidates and worry more about the direction our country will take this November.
Aw ... is your widdle bwain too teensy weensy to think about two different things at different times and in different contexts? If so, I agree, the election is more important. Some people are "multi-competent," and can do both.
Not so reformed

Chicago, IL

#18 Feb 29, 2008
OK, now it's triple posting on me - "cannot service your request" - sorry all.
Bill Clinton

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Feb 29, 2008
Not so reformed wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw ... is your widdle bwain too teensy weensy to think about two different things at different times and in different contexts? If so, I agree, the election is more important. Some people are "multi-competent," and can do both.
30 million people worry about Amercian Idol and too many of them vote for the appearance of the presidential candidates. Most have zero understanding of the issues.
George

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Feb 29, 2008
Picture this::::: you are knocked unconsciencious and are taken to the hospital. You wake up to your nurse Amanda...you die of a heart attack because you thought you were dead and went to the wrong place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crawfordsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jennifer wojciehowski Feb 4 Fact 1
indiana childrens christian home (Aug '09) Jan '15 William McMurray 17
Ladoga Academy wants to meet neighbors (Jul '08) Jan '15 Ohio 135
2004 Dodge Neon issues Jan '15 NeedHelpWithMyDodge 1
Anyone know Joe Cosby? (Feb '13) Dec '14 A Keedy 3
rehab center Dec '14 wowzer 3
Wreck just west of Crawfordville on I-74 nov29th Dec '14 squeezers 4

Flood Warning for Montgomery County was issued at March 02 at 12:46PM EST

Crawfordsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Crawfordsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:12 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:12AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future
Bleacher Report 8:57 PM
Bears' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency