Observer

San Francisco, CA

#1 Dec 21, 2007
Well, the truth is now emerging! Our new "common man" mayor is filling all his appointments with his political hack and those who donated money. What a surprise. Compare the list of appointments to his campaign staff and a list of his donors. So much for looking out for the common man. It sounds to me like he is is only looking out for Charley and his buddies. Didn't he promise not to do this kind of stuff? We are quickly discovering that he is not a man of his word.

Well voters, you elected a really doosy this time. We thought Zumer was bad...I think it's going to get much worse.
Charles H

San Francisco, CA

#2 Dec 21, 2007
He is a good guy, not mayor material, but a good guy. This is no surprise. I hope he does well but I have serious doubts.
Buck

Fishers, IN

#3 Dec 31, 2007
I heard that he created a job at the sewage plant for one of his buddies. Supposedly he had the job created so that Gary Weliever could have a job and be paid back for helping him with his campaign. I heard that he is paying him 40 k a year plus benefits. That's better than our cops or firemen start out. I thought we were cutting government spending. Instead he is creating more spending for his friends. He also gave Dennis Weir (a former reject from the Gentry days) a job on the board of works. What a bunch of BS.
CHS Parent

San Francisco, CA

#4 Feb 20, 2008
I've been reading that money is tight for our local governments and Mayor Coons is talking about making cutbacks. In light of this maybe he needs to look at himself first. As I take my son to CHS every morning I see him bringing his daughter to school in a city owned vehicle. I buy my own car and pay for my own gas! Why are the tax payers paying for an SUV and gas for him to take his daughter to school while he is talking about cutting services?
Wondering

San Francisco, CA

#5 Feb 25, 2008
Is he part owner of The Paper? It sure looks like it sometime.
FED UP

Chicago, IL

#6 Mar 29, 2009
personally, he's nothing but a typical arrogant politican. so far what the heck has the good ole boy done for crawfordsville? nothing n-0-t-h-i-ng. businesses are closing, he's creating jobs for old friends when money is tight for our city. manufacturers are shutting down, the park dept. has a huge stigma (he refers to it as the hen house) haven't you heard the old adage CC...if it ain't broke don't fix it. and the director at the P&R OMG....fabricates info and continues to throw his employees under the bus. what a fake and a phony. gee CC,it'll be a sorry day in this city if you're reelected next term,,but then highly unlikely at this point. personally, i think crawfordsville needs a woman to run for mayor..hmm CC it doesn't have to be a man run the city, does it?
Cville Res

Middleton, WI

#8 Apr 17, 2010
Gary is Charlies neighbor. Kinda funny how you ( Gary ) go from working at at sign shop in Indy, to working for the the city. Sounds like a Create-A-Job to me !!!!! Charlie is soooo two-faced it isnt funny.
fed up

Chicago, IL

#9 Jul 25, 2010
i haven't checked this site for over a year and thought i'd get an update so here's my 2 cents again. it's totally create-a-job or create a person to do your dirty work! it's my opinion also that charlie and that crap park dept. director, tried to plant loser gary's sister, to address a park board meeting last year about making the park dept. into a kid's only facility. i heard she went into the board to present this and they shut her down. charlie and roger (park dir) have been in total cahoots with one another to shut down the fitness part of the community cnter and turn it completely into a kid/senior ctr. this is roger's dream and charlie kisses his ass. what he doesn't know is that rumor has it roger was fired from numerous positions and namely one where he falsified a mandantory employee drug test by signing his name to it and not his personal doctor. he was found out and fired from that position. this is the kid of man that charlie hires. roger is total politician and knows how to manipulate other ppl to think he's a god! he doesn't have a true christian bone in his body. come to think of it, charlie must not either or he wouldn't be making the kinds of decisions/or lack of decisions he's making for the city. i'm a completely ticked off citizen of this town and it's let me down so badly!!! i really wanna hear more thoughts on this and is there anyone out there that's going to run for mayor...preferably a female...please!!!!! get charlie and roger the hell out! omg..one year...can't stand it!
concerned citizen

United States

#10 Jun 24, 2011
Talk about not knowing the facts. First of all, the mayor is allowed to bring his kids to school on his way to work. The SUV is question was leased by the previous administration. Currently as part of his salary(public record),, the mayor is taxed over 6700 dollars a year for the gas that he uses. So it is not a freebie. Gary Weliver was hired by the waste water department and not the mayors office to fill a federally mandated position that the city is required to have. The fitness programs at the park and rec are full and need to add more. Deleting these was never part of anyone's plan. Councilwoman Heather Perkins was the person who suggested that the Park & rec delete another 150,000 dollars from the 2011 budget, not the mayor. Once again this is all public record. I wish people would have all of the facts before they spout off about things they really don't know about. I believe that Mayor Coons has done more than anybody could have wished for with what was left to him and the economy tanking at the same time. Check out other towns Crawfordsville's size in the midwest. You will see that we are doing just as well as some and a heck of a lot better thatn most.
resident

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jun 27, 2011
Its either him or barton...either way we are all screwed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crawfordsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladoga Acedemy is closing down. (Apr '09) Nov 23 brooks smith 18
indiana childrens christian home (Aug '09) Nov 23 adam malone 14
Tired of BS? (Apr '14) Nov 23 squeezers 2
Fredrick R. "Fred" Hitch, New Palestine (Aug '11) Oct '14 Judith Hitch Boots 2
Ebola Land Oct '14 squeezers 1
Rail group to raise funds for business plan and... Oct '14 Irrelevant 5
Fireworks Sep '14 squeezers 5
Crawfordsville Dating
Find my Match

Crawfordsville People Search