ex employee

Pittsboro, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

Ladoga Acedemy was poorly operated. They tried to run a treatment facility with kids straight out of the ghetto. They didnt pay thier employees enough to deal with all the crap these kids would do. With a high employee turnover rate Ladoga could not provide a safe enviroment for these children and thier staff. Thank god this building is shutting down!
samantha s

Griffith, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

ex employee wrote:
Ladoga Acedemy was poorly operated. They tried to run a treatment facility with kids straight out of the ghetto. They didnt pay thier employees enough to deal with all the crap these kids would do. With a high employee turnover rate Ladoga could not provide a safe enviroment for these children and thier staff. Thank god this building is shutting down!
welll i was at ladoga and im ot ''ghetto'' at all
samantha s

Griffith, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

i was at ladoga academy and im not "GHETTO" at all
samantha s

Griffith, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

ex employee who are u??
Ex-student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

ex employee wrote:
Not only was it poorly operated, it was a terrible concept to begin with. The people running the place tried to combine "therapy" (which was a joke) with military discipline. When I was there, since I had admitted to trying alcohol (I could have counted the number of times on one hand, at that point), I was put into Alcoholics Anonymous, and told that I could not say the word "only," because this was "minimizing my behavior." Graduating from this group treatment was one of the conditions of me leaving.
All of the "therapists" on staff were poorly educated graduate students with a cookie-cutter mentality about the children they were working with (I wasn't "ghetto" either, so they were completely clueless as to what to do with me).
The staff members were, for the most part, either ex-military or reservists, with little to no training on how to deal with an "escalating" teenage girl.(Hint: Push-ups will not make me a more productive citizen). I absolutely agree that they were also under-paid and under-trained, not to mention under-equipped.
There were only two types of people who worked there (and, indeed, at ANY juvenile facility); People who genuinely wanted to help troubled children, and people who were on a power-trip. Sadly, there were not enough of the former, and most of them quit within a matter of months.
The last I had heard when I left Ladoga was that all the girls from my county were being pulled out and placed somewhere else, since the brochures/program directors/whoever had lied about what was being offered at the facility (They still do... Look up their website). I am shocked to see that it lasted this long (but not in the least surprised to see that there was a riot there two years ago). Goodbye, Ladoga, and good riddance!
ex employee

Greencastle, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

Well said,
Ex-student wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only was it poorly operated, it was a terrible concept to begin with. The people running the place tried to combine "therapy" (which was a joke) with military discipline. When I was there, since I had admitted to trying alcohol (I could have counted the number of times on one hand, at that point), I was put into Alcoholics Anonymous, and told that I could not say the word "only," because this was "minimizing my behavior." Graduating from this group treatment was one of the conditions of me leaving.
All of the "therapists" on staff were poorly educated graduate students with a cookie-cutter mentality about the children they were working with (I wasn't "ghetto" either, so they were completely clueless as to what to do with me).
The staff members were, for the most part, either ex-military or reservists, with little to no training on how to deal with an "escalating" teenage girl.(Hint: Push-ups will not make me a more productive citizen). I absolutely agree that they were also under-paid and under-trained, not to mention under-equipped.
There were only two types of people who worked there (and, indeed, at ANY juvenile facility); People who genuinely wanted to help troubled children, and people who were on a power-trip. Sadly, there were not enough of the former, and most of them quit within a matter of months.
The last I had heard when I left Ladoga was that all the girls from my county were being pulled out and placed somewhere else, since the brochures/program directors/whoever had lied about what was being offered at the facility (They still do... Look up their website). I am shocked to see that it lasted this long (but not in the least surprised to see that there was a riot there two years ago). Goodbye, Ladoga, and good riddance!
Tia grader

Fort Wayne, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

This was a horrable place. I was a staff member and I remember one time I had told these 2 girls to stop talking and sit in there seats one girl named Carissa Haney and her friend Courtney Estes had jumped on me and gave me a black and blue Eye and pulled my hair out. They only did it because Im black. I know it. I know that the facility was managed poorley but they where the 2 most violent teenage girls ever. The one had alot of anger toward the facility for being molested there and no charges being filed. I agree with her on that. It was all on video and Carissa couldent do anyhting about it because she was under 18.
ashley hancock

Urbana, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

thank god its closed. nothing more needs to be said about it either. i just wish it would have been closed down a long time ago so that way no girl that has been through the awful abuse over the past 7-8 years wouldnt be enduring the pain an awfulness of the times they spent in ladoga. i know for myself i still have nightmares about it as well as the back an wrist problems i still endure from being extremely mistreated from the staff. but thank god the hell hole is closed an no other female has to go through what many of young girls like my self went through.
lookin out for the kids

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

ashley hancock wrote:
thank god its closed. nothing more needs to be said about it either. i just wish it would have been closed down a long time ago so that way no girl that has been through the awful abuse over the past 7-8 years wouldnt be enduring the pain an awfulness of the times they spent in ladoga. i know for myself i still have nightmares about it as well as the back an wrist problems i still endure from being extremely mistreated from the staff. but thank god the hell hole is closed an no other female has to go through what many of young girls like my self went through.
It is back open but with boys this time and with the same shit heads of a staff.. I feel for any one that was there or going there I hear the staff say thigs and they should be in jail for what they did to the kids..
Before the academy

Paris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2012

I was there before the academy when it was icch, Indiana children's Christian home in 90's it blower then and I'm sure it blower when they changed it to that stupid academy. Icch was way harder than that weak ass academy.End of story.
Leah

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2012

I was there for the riot, but was not part of it. I can't find their website, is it really shut down?? I know it was a horible place most girls walking around there had carpet burns on their faces. Then my case manager Ms. Welch tried making me do the group Chemical Dependacy twice, which was only a one month course to keep me there longer....My judge declined and I went home.
Tyron mitchell

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

Well this is so ironic I ran across this section.... I was a resident of then ICCH in 1988-89 and I remember staffs such as Red and Ms Newell and Stephanie. It was I think a lot calmer then. It took some time to adjust to the place. I just remember the kids they brought in or who were there before me like Shane and Patrick and clarrisa and Enos Moffit.... But what I remember most was Dawn Manny and my graduation and how some of the staff really did cared. I traveled back there from time to time but that part of my life was a good turning point....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Crawfordsville Discussions

Search the Crawfordsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) 8 hr Bounty 1,284
yamato in crawfordsville now hiring Apr 3 Great waitress 2
Ladoga Academy wants to meet neighbors (Jul '08) Mar 19 Kaybug1 132
Free Classified Ads Mar '14 Jay 1
trinity drug rehab house crawfordsville (Aug '13) Mar '14 dollardog 5
come eat at yamato Mar '14 waylon 2
Mom trying to find son Mar '14 joanNYadoptees 2
•••
•••