Fireworks store, pet store burn in Crawfordsville
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.
#1 Jul 3, 2008
Did some one really have to stat they the fire works made the fire worse?
#2 Jul 3, 2008
I don't know whether the fire was made worse as a result of the firworks going off or not. I just feel like this building would have been gutted whether there were fireworks or not. It's frightening to have these major fires so close to your home as in my case. There were no fireworks in that building and it was completely gutted as well. Burning debris was blowing onto our roofs, yards and I had to deal with the choking smoke.
However, this fire was made worse because Crawfordsville took a piece of very important firefighting equipment out of service because they didn't want to fix it.
#4 Aug 23, 2009
The fire did indeed started in the pet shop next to the fireworks store. I think maybe one of the animals got out of it's cage and knocked over a heat lamp, a heater or maybe chewed through a cord that started the fire. I never did find out the results of the investigation.
Add your comments below
|indiana childrens christian home (Aug '09)||Jul 27||sam red||20|
|Mark Gann||Jul 17||Crawfordsvilles f...||2|
|ku klux klan (Aug '12)||Jul 15||shannonmfusrey||7|
|crawfordsville indiana snitch (Oct '10)||Jul 9||Bea||10|
|Club Coyote (Jun '13)||Jul 4||naughtyone||6|
|forum restaurant (Aug '13)||Apr '15||concerned citizen||9|
|Fireworks (Jun '14)||Apr '15||The Fuze||6|
Find what you want!
Search Crawfordsville Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC