Custody case stirs gay-marriage debate

Custody case stirs gay-marriage debate

There are 1273 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 5, 2007, titled Custody case stirs gay-marriage debate. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Brett Conrad spent more than half his life as Patrick Atkins' partner. For 25 years, the men shared bank accounts, apartments and eventually a home in Fishers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 64
Next Last
Jeff Woods San Diego

San Diego, CA

#1325 Aug 20, 2007
INDY GIRL wrote:
<quoted text> your wrong i am right, final story.
LOL. Spoken like a true fascist. You make George Bush very proud.
how do you like me now

United States

#1326 Aug 20, 2007
how do you like me now wrote:
How's that boycott going?? Ok, seriously, now that I've managed to stop laughing, I want to thank you. If you disgusting, immoral, hedonistic people actually do manage to call attention to this situation you will only encourage the decent people of the world to buy their cheesecake. Not that they need the extra sales anyway.
Still no luck with that boycott huh? Wow, what a shocker.
sickofit1

Indianapolis, IN

#1327 Aug 20, 2007
Could it be that you're just...deceived?
Downtown Indy

Elwood, IN

#1328 Aug 20, 2007
sickofit1 wrote:
Could it be that you're just...deceived?
No.

One of us is, and it's not me.
Paul

United States

#1329 Aug 20, 2007
Deceived by whom?
Downtown Indy

Elwood, IN

#1330 Aug 20, 2007
Could it be...

Hmmmm...

SATAN!?

:lol
Lifelong Indy Resident

Chicago, IL

#1331 Aug 20, 2007
Almost Retired wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the link to contact them.
http://www.atkins-intl-foods.com/home.html
Upon visiting the website I was struck by something odd. They have gone to who knows what expense to make sure their products are "Kosher" for Jewish customers, but put the Christian "In God We Trust" Right above it. I realize that Judaism and Christianity are similar, but most hard core right wing bigot idiots consider Jews inferior Hell-bound misguided lemmings just as they think of Homosexuals -- Why go to the extent to certify your products as Kosher when you think their view is wrong? If you're going to be an ignorant bigot, at least be consistent!

One can only imagine the peace and tranquility that would transcend the world if people were allowed to make choices about who, what, and how they want to put in their bodies without the interference of a government that should have better things to do!
truth be known

Indianapolis, IN

#1332 Aug 22, 2007
The whole "KOSHER" certification itself is a joke. From a person who knows some of the ingredients themselves weren't kosher. So how can the finished product be kosher?

Previous to the the Rabbi arriving food items such as beef, pork, chicken, shrimp and other food items for Jeanne's "food line...that was made cooked and distributed from the cheesecake manufacturing faclity" were hidden out of site. The reason for this is the certification would not have been given knowing this product was in the facility.

Required documentation proving raw materials are kosher was either incomplete or unavailable.

The last thing is the the Rabbi never did a physical inspection of the facility (that I believe is required). He basically met with the appropriate people, looked at documentation and said a blessing for the facility and it contents and was on his way

Thought you'd like to know
Jason Inlow

Portage, IN

#1333 Aug 22, 2008
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>Your name calling is ignorant.
I would call Larry Inlow either an idiot for not having a will or lazy. I do not even know anything about him other than what you just wrote but to not have a will, especially with a lot of assets, is careless.
My father was neither an idiot nor lazy. He may be described as careless, simply because he was a very busy man and erroneously believed he had plenty of time to put his affairs in order. He obviously did not plan to die the way he did. Since you yourself admit you know nothing of the case or of him, maybe you should keep your comments where they belong- unsaid.
Neighbor of Jason

Carmel, IN

#1334 Aug 22, 2008
Jason Inlow wrote:
<quoted text>
My father was neither an idiot nor lazy. He may be described as careless, simply because he was a very busy man and erroneously believed he had plenty of time to put his affairs in order. He obviously did not plan to die the way he did. Since you yourself admit you know nothing of the case or of him, maybe you should keep your comments where they belong- unsaid.
I'd call you both lazy and an idiot. You are a disgrace to the Noble West community. I dread driving past your disasterous home. Thankfully the back road has been open so I do not have to drive down Evanston Close anymore to get to my home, and go past your dreadful lawn, junk filled garage and driveway, and front porch with so much c r a p on it that it looks like you are white trash who just happened to inherit money from daddy. Oh wait, that is what you are.
Blame someone

Carmel, IN

#1335 Aug 22, 2008
Shelly Dubinski wrote:
Blame Wabash College. If they had provided health care directives and powers of attorney for their gay couples, this problem would not exist.
Yep, let's BLAME someone here. How ridiculous! People need to be personally accountable ... blaming employers is a COPOUT.
Noble West Family

Carmel, IN

#1336 Aug 22, 2008
Jason Inlow wrote:
<quoted text>
My father was neither an idiot nor lazy.
But you seem to be both. I see one of your neighbors has already chimed in. We'd have to agree with their comments from earlier today.

Funny that the worst lawn in our community is the one that you, a landscaper, put in! You'd have some good business here in Noble West if you took care of your own property, and weren't such a jerk to your neighbors.

Love the huge weeds in your driveway!

And the blow-up doll in the garage is a beauty! Enjoying time with her this weekend???

Ever hear your neighbors humming the theme from Deliverance as they walk past your house? It's because you're white trash, just like the hilljacks in the movie.
jakemmx

Marysville, OH

#1337 Mar 2, 2009
This is sick. No wonder the vast majority of young people (<30) view Christians as heartless, arrogant, and hypocritical bigots (among other things ... too political, insecure, sheltered, anti-intellectual, etc). Theses vocal extremists are going to kill the church in America, if they have not already.

People don't want to stand for nothing but what they are told to be against, and find it troubling how completely opposed they seem to be to the life and message of their claimed messiah ... worshiping instead the small, selected snippets of others (I wouldn't be surprised if most of these people would write off Jesus as a godless liberal if he did return).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 64
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crawfordsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
indiana childrens christian home (Aug '09) Jul 14 Madmax123 33
News Senate passes lottery privatization (Feb '07) Jul 7 one opinion 39
Gays for Donald Trump Jun '16 Gays for Donald T... 1
Skinning Dipping Jun '16 Red Cloud 6
News THREE questions on Styrofoam Jun '16 Red Cloud 1
crawfordsville indiana snitch (Oct '10) Jun '16 wow what bs 12
Racist Clinton May '16 Sue 1

Crawfordsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance